• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HillRider

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    Helotes, TX
    Sheila Jackson Lee's top priority: Obama's executive orders | The Daily Caller

Almost lost my lunch. So now Democrats in Congress, including Texas's own Sheila Jackson Lee, have decided to abandon the legislative process in favor of writing up executive orders for O'dictator to sign. This is treasonous. Third world banana republic here we come.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Theoretically, this is no big deal. The President is supposed to be restrained statutorily as to the content of orders, i.e. he already isn't supposed to be able to give illegal orders. Also, it's only reasonable that some in Congress should seek to advise him about this or anything else he does.

Now, whether things actually work like that in the real world is another matter but, as SJL antics go, this is far from her most outrageous.

The thing I find offensive is the apparent presumption on the part of SJL that she and others can simply write sample orders and present them for signature as a fait accompli. I find that notion deeply disrespectful of both the legislative process and the office of the presidency.

Then again, when has SJL ever had any respect for anything other than her own re-election?

TxDad

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas
    How exactly do you "executively order" jobs? Just because there is jobs doesnt mean everyone will have them. There are lazy people who dont want to work.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    How exactly do you "executively order" jobs? Just because there is jobs doesnt mean everyone will have them. There are lazy people who dont want to work.

Shhhh!! "They" don't know that and she needs their votes.

It amazing how transparent most politicians are yet I guess not transparent to enough for most people.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    How exactly do you "executively order" jobs? Just because there are jobs doesn't mean everyone will have them. There are lazy people who don't want to work.

FIFY

Because "jobs" is plural.

Went ahead and snuck that apostrophe in there too.

And that other one.

You're welcome.

Last edited:

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    How exactly do you "executively order" jobs?
    It's technically possible in the public sector. The President can order any executive department (or lower-level agency or bureau) to cut funds from one thing (anything - buying furniture, doing training, anything) and instead move the money to hiring more bodies. That's usually a decision that can only be competently made at a much lower level but I doubt a simple lack of competence will stop any action proposed by SJL and her ilk. Pretty much everything she has input to runs a pretty high chance of being fairly characterized as "incompetent", anyway.

To "executively order" jobs in the private sector, though? I don't see how that's directly possible.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Any executive order without House of Representatives funding authority is dead on arrival.

BHO's pen is not mightier than the funding sword.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011

So now Democrats in Congress, including Texas's own Sheila Jackson Lee, have decided to abandon the legislative process in favor of writing up executive orders for O'dictator to sign.

Old school, let's jazz that up a bit ... Transitional legal power, for that is what it is. Now there ... that has a ring to it

She's a special woman alright.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    You're right and I stand corrected. I will note that I've seen some things done that weren't strictly kosher from time to time but those are exceptions.

Some times I'm really, really happy that in retirement I've left the byzantine machinations of the federal bureaucracy behind.

HillRider

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    Helotes, TX
    Theoretically, this is no big deal. The President is supposed to be restrained statutorily as to the content of orders, i.e. he already isn't supposed to be able to give illegal orders. Also, it's only reasonable that some in Congress should seek to advise him about this or anything else he does.

No big deal! Since when in the history of the United States have we had a person in Congress say that they're job is to write up executive orders for the president to sign instead of drafting legislation? That's third world shit!

Any executive order without House of Representatives funding authority is dead on arrival.

What? No disrespect, but who cares if anything comes from it? Many presidents have tried to abuse executive power. That is not the question. The point is that now we have elected representatives aiding and abetting the president in his quest for dictatorial power.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    If he's not careful, he'll find a Supreme Court ruling severely limiting the power of the executive authority to issue these. Give him the rope he needs...

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis

400 subjects from sector 7, quadrant B will work at People's Soap Factory #3 starting on March 1, 2014. They will be paid with the People's Wealth which has been confiscated from the obscenely wealthy in quadrant B.

THAT'S HOW!

Top Bottom