• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas

Mr Harris gives the example for Maryland that the system is broken. That money has been dumped into the state to fund a program that is doing very little. That said we have in the back of our minds the bills the US Senate just dumped. Did you read how much per year was going to be spent on S649? $100,000,000 per year. If the current state of affairs for the NICS program is in such poor shape, what does increasing spending, increasing burdens on tax payers & law abiding citizens do to "reduce gun crime"? Very little.

My own personal note on this topic-
    I do not understand what the working relationship is between a state and the FBI/ATF in regards to how information is submitted for NICS. I would like to understand that process better. Along with that I'd liketo know what the difference is of states that have a CHL program that substitutes as the NICS check, as per Texas. And a state that does not. Does that mean Texas does her own checks "in house" as in within the state database and there is no call to a Federal database?
    Guns International

Top Bottom