• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I went. It was a little disappointing. Lots of empty tables (at noon Saturday). Prices were nothing to write home about and selection was poor.

Oh, and there was one thing that really galled me. They didn't allow anybody in with a loaded weapon OR a loaded magazine - and the sign SPECIFICALLY said that included CHL holders. I thought seriously about walking away, but I was sorta committed to go at the moment and had to walk back to the truck and drop off my pistol.

I may have to wait a year or two before I go back to the Conroe show.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    I went. It was a little disappointing. Lots of empty tables (at noon Saturday). Prices were nothing to write home about and selection was poor.

Oh, and there was one thing that really galled me. They didn't allow anybody in with a loaded weapon OR a loaded magazine - and the sign SPECIFICALLY said that included CHL holders. I thought seriously about walking away, but I was sorta committed to go at the moment and had to walk back to the truck and drop off my pistol.

I may have to wait a year or two before I go back to the Conroe show.

Almost every gun show i have ever been to here (in Texas), in TN and in KY have all had the same rule. No ammo in any weapon and no loaded mags or clips. In TN they had the "Mags or Clips" on the sign because of one smarta$$ that had a loaded Garand Clip and argued that it was not a "magazine it was a clip".

skinman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Klein
    Almost every gun show i have ever been to here (in Texas), in TN and in KY have all had the same rule. No ammo in any weapon and no loaded mags or clips. In TN they had the "Mags or Clips" on the sign because of one smarta$$ that had a loaded Garand Clip and argued that it was not a "magazine it was a clip".

When it comes to the rule of law, the Devil is in the details...he may have been a, "smarta$$," but he was correct, and they fixed their sign appropriately.

I was channel surfing yesterday and watched a few minutes of Warrior vs. Warrior on Discovery. They were talking about the C-96 "Broomhandle" Mauser and the host asked how many rounds the, "clip," held and the owner promptly replied with emphasis that the magazine held 20 rounds.

During my Navy years, I once (and only once) referred to a magazine for a M16 as a clip, and was promptly, "educated," in typical pre-politically correct Navy/Marine "colorful language" about the difference in the two by the career Marine Gunny range master. Just because some folks interchange the names do not make them synonymous. :deadhorse:

shipwreck

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Beretta City,Texas
    They always ban CHL carry in gun shows... There has been some debate about the George Brown Convention Center being illegal to do that, since it is city property. But the reason is that every once in a while, some idiot pulls out a gun and shoots it off at the show because he forgot to unload it.

It does suck walking back to your vehicle with a new gun in a bag, and being unarmed. But, that's the way they roll at shows...

roy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    I enjoyed it. I found a few pieces for the collection and sold off some duplicates as well.

justincasepete

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    Atascocita/Kingwood
    I went looking for a home defense shotgun and some ammo and other stuff. I bought a new in box Remington m887 tactical 12ga for $419. retaills for $500 I think that qualifies as a good deal. A lot of the mossbergs I saw were priced higher than retail though. And all the ammo was high. Wal mart has the best prices on ammo. But I look forward to the Pasadena show in a couple of weeks. I hear it's much better even though it's the same people.

dgindrup

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    I live 2min from the Convention Center in Conroe, so my dad, wife and I went.. I will say, I was not impressed with the selection.. several booths were empty, and it seemed like the same ole same ole...
    I did get a VooDoo Tactical case for my AR, some magpul Mag Couplers and a Taclight... was looking for another Mosin Nagant to do some custom work on, but couldnt find any Hex Receiver models that werent torn up.

chubbyzook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    houston
    this show sucked the last one was way better. the empty booths ruined it for me because of the shotty selection i only stayed about 15 minutes. now the one held there a few weeks back was way better, every table was full and there was so much to choose from at decent prices.

Top Bottom