• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Just for grins I decided to stop in to see the gun show this weekend (Jan 12) in Conroe. OMG!! There were cars parked all the way to Cut 'N Shoot! Prices were doubled and tripled and there was less than 1/2 the normal merchandise. On ARs, dealers were just showing "models" and customers were being told their guns would be shipped some weeks down the road. Saw some pmags on sale for $70. Seriously.

This did make me wonder if a less-than-honest person might book a table, take money for rifles, and then disappear into a distant state. Paranoia? Maybe, but sometimes that can save your assets.

It looks to me like this panic dwarfs the one in '08.
    Hurley's Gold

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Just for grins I decided to stop in to see the gun show this weekend (Jan 12) in Conroe. OMG!! There were cars parked all the way to Cut 'N Shoot! Prices were doubled and tripled and there was less than 1/2 the normal merchandise. On ARs, dealers were just showing "models" and customers were being told their guns would be shipped some weeks down the road. Saw some pmags on sale for $70. Seriously.

This did make me wonder if a less-than-honest person might book a table, take money for rifles, and then disappear into a distant state. Paranoia? Maybe, but sometimes that can save your assets.

It looks to me like this panic dwarfs the one in '08.

Your observation is spot on! In '08, people feared for their gun rights; in '13 those fears have been confirmed by Obama's rhetoric and Feinsteins's/Schumer's/Biden's histrionics. This time around, none of us has heard one word from the NRA "shouting" get your guns and ammo while you can.

The NRA warned us in '07, and those who did not listen are confused today how this could even happen.

It is 1994 all over again.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Its much worse than 1994. I had two buddies call me the same day about no mags or ammo available. And that was 4 weeks ago. While the buying frenzy was real in 1994, you could still find guns to buy all over the place. The paranoia really hit a few months after the ban, when you could not find anything to buy. As I recall, it was a ban on importing them. Which meant that what was in the market was available for sale.

This time, the ban (whatever that ends up being) is not even decided, and yet ammo, mags and guns are tough to find. I decided to not get into the buying frenzy. I have what I have, and rarely use half of it anyway. No way I am going into freak-out mode and paying double or triple over the price of that stuff two months ago.

But the comment above is spot on. The 2013 panic is fifty times worse than the one in 1994.

Top Bottom