DK Firearms

Considering Buying a Walther PPS for CC--Opinions?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I had a PPS. I personally didn't care for it much. I had a Shield also at the same time and the Shield seemed better to me. I was more accurate with the Shield and it just had a better feel to it.
    Texas SOT

mm54943

Not So Well Known...
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Fort Bend area
    I carry a pps m2. Very thin and easy to conceal. Very reliable. My only complaint is finding accessories for it is a bit more difficult than other brands like sig, S&W, glock, or ruger.

I have the LE model. I carry with the 8rd magazine. The 6rd mag leaves my pinkie hanging off (and I have smaller hands)

Last edited:

Darqhelmet

You had one job, one.
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2018
    Kaufman County
    I carry a pps m2. Very thin and easy to conceal. Very reliable. My only complaint is finding accessories for it is a bit more difficult than other brands like sig, S&W, glock, or ruger.

I have the LE model. I carry with the 8rd magazine. The 6rd mag leaves my pinkie hanging off (and I have smaller hands)
    I have large hands and with the 6rd mag it’s a full “when in doubt pinky out” pistol. The 6rd mag hits about mid ring finger, but it is still very comfortable and controllable pistol.

zaitcev

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2019
    Austin, Texas, U.S.A.
    I had a Hellcat and although it felt good in my hand, I sometimes had the problem that others have mentioned about getting my finger on the side of the trigger and not being able to pull it until I had completed removed my finger then moved it over on "top" of the safety lever. Also, even with my short thumbs, I rode the slide lock lever a couple of times and the slide didn't lock back after the last round
    Although PPS is an outstanding firearm, I suspect it may not the solution for these issues. You need something with smaller grip circumference. If things are as bad as the above states, I'd start looking at coked-and-locked guns with small grips like SIG P238 or Springfield 911. Both their trigger reach and trigger travel are short, which will help you. Note that they have 9mm versions with somewhat larger grips; let's set those aside for the moment. Normally, they are not suggested, but you're not a novice, and I think you should be able to deal with their manual of arms. And yes, these guns offer a much reduced firepower when compared with Hellcat, but you want to be able to shoot, right?

popo22

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    I have an m1 and m2 PPS and both have been very reliable, accurate, and easy to conceal CCW pistols. I had one of the early S&W Shield's in 9mm but it's grip was too slim for my hand (affected accuracy during rapid fire drills), so I bought the "m1" and then the "m2".

If you don't need the extra capacity, the m2 is one of my favorite CCW pistols to shoot at the range. It handles more like a full size pistol for me.

Top Bottom