• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • azkcr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2013
    Borger, TX
    Only problem I have with SS is that when I ordered my 762SDN they told me that it was eFiled form4....
    Turns out they didn't.
    SO that easily quadrupled my waiting time....

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Make sure that they have what you want in stock. It takes 3+ months to transfer an item dealer to dealer, and you cannot file until your dealer has it. Ask for your serial number and a Gov't epayment acknowledgement to be certain it is filed.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Make sure that they have what you want in stock. It takes 3+ months to transfer an item dealer to dealer, and you cannot file until your dealer has it. Ask for your serial number and a Gov't epayment acknowledgement to be certain it is filed.

Pro tip. Awesome. Im not going to be a dick when i order but apparently I need to make sure the shop does their job.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Initially I was blown away by silencer shops customer service. They were fast friendly and it appeared my form 4 was filed immed. They sent me confirmation that everything was with ATF and I was thankful, since that was way more than I got from Silenced America. Fast forward 3 months when everyone starts getting their e-filed form 4s. I was so excited since I asked for and was told mine would be e-filed. Another month goes by, no news. Call SS and they tell me whoops it got paper filed, not e-filed. I get to wait an extra 7 months. At least they immediately owned their mistake and apologized.
    When did you buy them?

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    You a thin country guy wearing a ball cap? Asking for Paul who was on the phones and they tried to tell you to come back? In there because you bought some new model of suppressor based upon some attachment being available soon?
    Wow, small world. Yeah that was me. I was wanting to talk to Dave(owner) because Ive known him since he was selling out of his house and was doing it all on his own. Hes always been able to give me straight answers and none of the car salesman middle man BS. Now that SS has grown quite a bit he has hired on more employees and Ive been less than pleased with them on a couple of occasions now.

I was in there because I bought a Griffin Armament Recce 7 and PHS 338 back in the beginning of November. The Recce 7 comes with a flash hider, I want a muzzle brake. The PHS 338 comes with a 338 aperture muzzle brake, I want a 30 cal muzzle brake. Theyre going on my R700 5R 308 and 300WM, I have no need for flash hiders or 338 aperture muzzle brakes. The fellow that normally runs the front(Mark) is just about worthless, the only reason he has a job is because the company he works for has good prices and the products damn near sell themselves. When I was talking about buying the cans I informed them that I had no use for the muzzle devices that come with the cans and I wanted to swap them out for what I need. Mark said they couldn't do that which I know is BS, its nothing more than swapping them out in inventory with the stand alone muzzle devices they sell separately of the cans. So I told him to get Dave up front so I could ask him. Of course Dave as always is understanding and willing to bend over backwards, he said he would be happy to swap them. So I buy the cans and wait about a month and half to call back. I ask if if they've gotten in the correct brakes yet because I wanted to put them on my guns. They tell me they don't have them yet. No big deal, I can wait. So from about mid December including last Saturday Ive contacted them 5 times about the brakes knowing time was drawing near for the cans to get released. Apparently Dave has delegated dealing with Griffin Armament to Levi, which makes sense to have certain employees deal with certain manufacturers to build a working relationship. So Dave doesn't know whats going on with the dealings with GA and myself. No big deal, figure it out and let me know WTF is going on. I hear nothing, find out nothing about them sending my 338 can back since GA needs to reweld the tube. Finally I get tired of the BS and show up at the shop when you were there. Again I found out nothing since Levi wasn't there so I called Evan(owner of GA) since Ive got his number ask him WTF is going on. SS didn't order the brakes from them until a couple of weeks ago, the brakes are in the middle of a production run so I wont get mine until the beginning of the week after next and that's because Im buying directly from GA. Evan is hooking me up, talked to me for a long time on the phone about all kinds of stuff and IMO is a good dude trying to help make things right but the run of brakes wont be back from coating til Friday.

So basically Ive been after them for two months to get the right brakes for me, and over a month about sending my 338 can back. I was/am getting a little aggravated about their lack of communication about some things I needed resolved and now that my cans should be released within the next week or two the issues are just now getting resolved. Its not the end of the world, just annoying.

Some words of wisdom for potential customers. Don't deal with Mark, Dave used to give me a pretty damn good discount when I paid with cash, Mark knocks like 50 bucks off on a 2400 buck check. When I ordered my sparrow and phantom together Dave knocked off well over 100 bucks, then when I ordered my Recce 7, PHS 338 and Warlock, Mark knocked off 50 bucks. Hes also lazy and cant be bothered to find out when any product is coming in. When I was in there back in the fall I asked about Warlocks because they didn't have any in stock. He said he didn't know when they were getting more. That was on a Friday, on Monday they were in stock on the website. When I asked him when the new saker 7.62s were coming in he simply replied with I don't know, when I asked Dave he said Silco was making them in April and expected them to be in stock by June. What was so F'ing hard about asking the guys in the back that question. Again, hes lazy and cant be bothered to get any info you need. Levi and Paul have always been nothing but nice and tried their best to help but I honestly think theyre just too damn busy. They need to hire more people. Every time Ive talked to Dave he has been genuine and tried to make things right just like he always has but it just gets frustrating sometimes.

With that said Id still buy from them, they've got great prices, for the most part their CS is good and they really are a good voice in the NFA industry. They went to bat for us hard against 41P and I wont forget that. They have a vested interest in that not passing but they spent a lot of money with high powered attorneys to make sure our voice was heard. I really like how they send you a confirmation email letting you know how your can was filed and that it has been processed along with your serial number so should you want to call the ATF its all there in their email.

I bought my octane 45HD back in October right when they were int he middle of switching over to eforms, that's also when the ATF's website was having problems, we also didn't know eforms were going to come back in 90ish days so I cant fault them for their practices during that time as far as what method they were filing them. It sucks since I wont see my octane 45 or Warlock until mid summer while cans I ordered a month later should be in my possession this month but that's the way the cookie crumbles and its not their fault. I really don't think youre going to find a better place to buy unless its some mom and pop shop that you know personally.

Theyre also shooters too, not just businessmen so that makes me feel better about where my money is going. I hope to get out to the range with them next month when they get GA's prototype direct thread can(like the harvester) and test my Recce 7 against a 30BA if they can scrounge one up.

And what the heck about me was country? I was in my work clothes lol.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Ha! Must have have been the accent. You probably thought I was some hipster weirdo. I should ride a bicycle to a suppressor shop and confuse everyone.

Asking for Dave right. I talked with Paul in the past, very helpful and professional.

Many businesses slip as they attempt to "scale" up or when they get busy. Its not an excuse. Need to pay or train their people better to produce better cusromer service.

Try to make it to a TGT Friday gun lunch if you can. We had about 15 to 20 people today.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Paul and Levi are good when you can get a minute of their time, theyre just really busy. The only one I really have anything against is Mark. I made it to one of the lunch meets a long time ago, Im just so busy with work its hard to make time. I work in construction as an inspector and Im sure you know being a resident of this city, its exploding so we are busy as hell. Been working 60+ hour weeks for as long as I can remember but I gotta be able to pay for the toys somehow. Ive been marooned out in Spicewood for the last 9 months but my new project is up at 2222 and 360 so I should be able to make it easier since yall always like to meet up north. If yall do the Rudys on 183 again I should be able to go fairly easy in a couple weeks after I get my new project lined out. Its always nice to talk to like-minded people, sometimes I forget there are people in Austin that still use logic and reason.

I was just messing with you about the country thing, figured the cinch jeans, camo belt, deer head belt buckle or accent gave it away. I think I sold you that Kidd 10/22 receiver didn't I? Im absolutely terrible with names and faces so its nothing personal I assure you.

On the stereotyping note, Mark did tell me one time that 9 out of 10 trucks that park anywhere near the shop are coming in so you would be a little out of the norm pulling up on a bicycle.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I'm tracking now. Never built out that 10/22 but sold it to another TGT member so it's still in the family.

Was hanging out at Silencer Shop asking some questions when you came in.

Thinking about getting 3 cans in my trust soon.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    You've made some good choices, I think for the 30 cal can you should go with the saker 7.62. Its going to be awesome. Can handle everything from 223 ARs to precision bolt guns. Relatively short and fairly light, has the best quick detach system on the market, future compatible with the MAAD system, and has direct thread modules for bolt guns. If I didn't already have all those bases covered Id for sure get one. Still trying to talk myself out of getting one anyway. Ive shot the 5.56 version and its very nice.

Top Bottom