• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    You all helped me when I first started exploring suppressors and I appreciate that guidance.

I went and setup a trust, had it notorized and then due to some tight $ circumstances and BHO's executive actions regarding the NFA trusts, I've been sitting on the sideline.

So, if I want to get a suppressor, what do I need to do? Say I want to go do this tomorrow.

On my trust, I have a co-trustee, does that person need to be at the shop with me when I pay for/send off for a suppressor?

Otherwise, I pay the $200 and the cost of the suppressor, the shop sends my trust to the ATF and some sort of purchase permit for the can then I wait?

Thanks in advance.
    Gun Zone Deals

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    ^^this^^
    Then call SS, they'll walk ya through it.

It's relatively painless.

...and buy 2 or three, you'll be even happier!

p

Thanks, the videos are pretty helpful.

If I'm doing as much as I can digitally, do I still get the black envelope in the mail?

I'm in Austin so I'll stop by the shop and talk to them, they were very informative and helpful in the past.

I'm planning on at least getting a 22 can soon.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    I recently ordered two suppressors (YHM Phantom Ti QD in 762) from Torrey at Capitol Armory.

Very simple process ...
    Never had to leave my computer.

I should have the suppressors for a nice shooters Memorial Day weekend.

Shooter74

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2014
    I've always had a great experience with the guys at silencer shop. Very friendly and helpful. Plus they beat the local prices

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    Initially I was blown away by silencer shops customer service. They were fast friendly and it appeared my form 4 was filed immed. They sent me confirmation that everything was with ATF and I was thankful, since that was way more than I got from Silenced America. Fast forward 3 months when everyone starts getting their e-filed form 4s. I was so excited since I asked for and was told mine would be e-filed. Another month goes by, no news. Call SS and they tell me whoops it got paper filed, not e-filed. I get to wait an extra 7 months. At least they immediately owned their mistake and apologized.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Initially I was blown away by silencer shops customer service. They were fast friendly and it appeared my form 4 was filed immed. They sent me confirmation that everything was with ATF and I was thankful, since that was way more than I got from Silenced America. Fast forward 3 months when everyone starts getting their e-filed form 4s. I was so excited since I asked for and was told mine would be e-filed. Another month goes by, no news. Call SS and they tell me whoops it got paper filed, not e-filed. I get to wait an extra 7 months. At least they immediately owned their mistake and apologized.

In the same boat here, as you know from the other thread, Scott. Three cans i thought i'd be using by now. ARGH!!!

I am actually thinking about purchasing another can now (e-file to hold me over for the next 7 months)...and having a hard time deciding if i'll use SS or someone else.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    If they were in my home town, there is no doubt whatsoever that I'd be there in person. They definitively told me they were e-filing my forms, and i suspect that it was when they ran into the same technical issues everyone else has experienced, they defaulted to snail mail (but without notifying me).

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    If they were in my home town, there is no doubt whatsoever that I'd be there in person. They definitively told me they were e-filing my forms, and i suspect that it was when they ran into the same technical issues everyone else has experienced, they defaulted to snail mail (but without notifying me).

That's definitely no beuno.

I think I'll do it in person and follow it up to ensure the did it right. A person shouldn't have to do this, thanks for the heads up!

I'm thinking about going for the 22 suppressor soon, cheapest of the 3 I'd like, not that any of this is cheap.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom