• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LOCKHART

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Lockhart, Texas
    Just saw that fat-ass former Austin police Chief Acevedo on t.v., going on record against it. There were a gaggle of Texas chiefs testifying against it, too. I'm sure the Texas lawmakers will roll over for them. I'm betting the proposed law is dead.
    Venture Surplus ad

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    Those same guys opposed open carry and campus carry last session and the Legislature rightly ignored them. Constitutional carry may or may not ultimately pass, but if it doesn't it won't be because of Acevedo et. al.

Also, if constitutional carry doesn't pass, this is going to be one hell of a wasted session. There's not much else of any real consequence out there that I am aware of. I'm certainly not going to argue about a reduction in LTC fees (and we couldn't even get THAT to zero) but if that ends up being the showpiece bill this session, with the near supermajorities we have at the Capitol where we should be able to name our wishes and they be granted, it will be a travesty.

fishingsetx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2015
    Those same guys opposed open carry and campus carry last session and the Legislature rightly ignored them. Constitutional carry may or may not ultimately pass, but if it doesn't it won't be because of Acevedo et. al.

I'm certainly not going to argue about a reduction in LTC fees (and we couldn't even get THAT to zero)

Yup on the first paragraph. The Legislature gave them their say and then completely ignored them.

You'll never see the fees reduced to zero for the general populous. As long as they have to issue the license, they are going to make their money back plus extra.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

LOCKHART

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Lockhart, Texas
    My renewal fee was $35.00 and I don't see how the state is making any money off that amount if they have to check me out with various law enforcement agencies.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    HB 1911 is not a perfect bill , but its what we have a chance to get a vote on

Last I checked it was stuck in Calendar committe and had to be out by the 5th to get a floor vote
    We have to raise hell with them and get a vote on it or it will be dead

If we get a hearing on it, it can be amended to make it better at least

Top Bottom