• ...and so much more!
  • rmantoo

Cranky old fart: Pull my finger
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    San Angelo
    Done! My comments in the form:

I will donate to the re-election fund/campaign of EVERY Texas Legislator who votes and advocates for Constitutional Carry, and will also donate to the election/reelection campaign of every opponent of those who oppose or vote against it.
    Military Camp

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Springer if he does not win the senate seat will still be in the house to introduce his bill. One way or the other Springer will be there. Luther on the other hand either wins the senate seat or is out.
    Interesting thing about Springer's bill is that is eliminates belt or shoulder holster and changes it to just holster.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    I could not find anything in the bill that authorizes constitutional carry, just some vague references to otherwise authorized to carry.
    I questioned that too but perhaps the use of "a person otherwise legally authorized to carry a handgun" is the term that gives it constitutional carry.

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    Springer if he does not win the senate seat will still be in the house to introduce his bill. One way or the other Springer will be there. Luther on the other hand either wins the senate seat or is out.
    Interesting thing about Springer's bill is that is eliminates belt or shoulder holster and changes it to just holster.

Spingers bill has allready been introduced, Its a done deal as far as being introduced.

Yeah i like spingers bill, have been wanting them to do away with specific type of holster and just leave it as holster!

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    I questioned that too but perhaps the use of "a person otherwise legally authorized to carry a handgun" is the term that gives it constitutional carry.
    But it doesn't specify how one becomes otherwise legally authorized. Or what that means.

It doesn't say a citizen can carry concealed or openly without a license.

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    Spingers bill has allready been introduced, Its a done deal as far as being introduced.
    I could not find anything in the bill that authorizes constitutional carry, just some vague references to otherwise authorized to carry.

Its convultuted lawyer speak.

However if uou scroll down to the bottom of the text. It defines that term.

One of the exceptions is number 7

Which is the part that makes its contitutional carry.

7 is an exemption to prosecution for carrying a handgun. Providing that your at least 21, its only a handgun, its carried concealed or in a holster. Is not a convicted felon, or member of a street gang, is legally allowed to phrchase a firearm and meets federal regulations on owning a gun.

thats the single clause that allowes for carrying without a license. Open or concealed.

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    But it doesn't specify how one becomes otherwise legally authorized. Or what that means.

It doesn't say a citizen can carry concealed or openly without a license.

Go to near the bottom of the text where it shows exemptions from prosecution for carrying a handgun. Its number 7.

Anyone over 21, not a felon, who can legally buy a firearm, is not barred under federal regulation to owning a gun, is not a member of a street gang, and is carrying the handgun concealed or in a holster.

Number 7 is what really makes the whole bill constitutional carry

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    By wording his bill the way he did, he is hoping to sneak it by many democrats alot easier.

Versus calling his bill the constitutional carry bill, or making it blatantly obvious. He is using the wording he does.

The cleverly disguises the importanr clause that makes it all constitutional carry with clause 7 being the defense to prosecution when carrying.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    Writing a bill for constitutional carry should be straight forward.

Legal residents of Texas, who can legally possess a firearm, may carry that firearm openly or or concealed. Restrictions on carry that apply to licensed carriers will still apply to all who carry. Texans may choose to obtain or renew a Texas LTC if they desire.

Three sentences no shyster speak. Not amended to another law or hidden in another law.

I think it may have been done this way so the left may not notice it.

Texasgrillchef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2018
    Lewisville
    I think it may have been done this way so the left may not notice it.

I agree, when states of filed a bill namrd a constitutional carry bill, it had alot more oposition and uphill battle then those states that introduced CC bills by simply changing the wording of a few clauses, and adding a few additional clauses.

Although it required a court case to make it understood. Arkansas simply made their state constitutional carry by very clever wording of their law. They sinply stated that it was only illegal to openly or conceal carry a handgun, if the purpose of carrying was for illegal intent.

Thus if your not carrying for illegal intent n Arkansas the your legal to carry without a license!!

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Its convultuted lawyer speak.

However if uou scroll down to the bottom of the text. It defines that term.

One of the exceptions is number 7

Which is the part that makes its contitutional carry.

7 is an exemption to prosecution for carrying a handgun. Providing that your at least 21, its only a handgun, its carried concealed or in a holster. Is not a convicted felon, or member of a street gang, is legally allowed to phrchase a firearm and meets federal regulations on owning a gun.

thats the single clause that allowes for carrying without a license. Open or concealed.
    Needs to lose the part about federal law. Just make it under Texas law.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom