Contemplating Selling My Sportster

TheCytochromeC

Sep 12, 2013
DFW
I have a 97' Sportster I've had for a number of years. It's got around 14,000 miles and I haven't ridden it much lately. I modded a good number of things on it but these were mostly bolt ons and cosmetic things. Mostly painting chrome things black. At any rate, I just thought I'd check interest and talk about the bike a bit. After getting pictures I realized I did a lot more than I had initially recalled.

S1.jpg S5.jpg S6.jpg

Last edited:

dvmpiper

Jan 19, 2013
Terrell, Tx
Nice bike. Waiting on a "gifted" Sporty from my FIL. He has three HDs and doesn't ride his sportster much. Just gotta get it down from Wisconsin to Texas. Finally getting a bigger bike to be able to ride more and farther. My little Honda Rebel does well, just no oomph!

Younggun

Ginger Avenger
TGT Supporter
Admin
Jul 31, 2011
hill co.
Definitely different than other sportster a I've seen. Nice bike, ya did good on the mods.

TheCytochromeC

Sep 12, 2013
DFW
Thanks for the kind words! I'm glad people seem to think it's a good looking bike. I've learned a lot working on it over time. I just don't feel as safe as I used to riding and I think the money would be better spent elsewhere. It's an 883, I believe all sportsters are belt driven from the factory unless they're converted. I was going to convert to a chain but I decided againt doing anything else to it for a while because as I mentioned, I'm thinking of selling it.

Things I've done:
Relocated front signals from a nightster
New air filter
Drag bars
nightster footpegs
avon grips
breather bolts for the heads
new tires and powder coated the mag wheels
black powder coated a bunch of factory things that were chrome
New front brake line
Relocated the ignition and coil
Hand-cut and fitted spark plug cables for the coil relocation
Tank lift, this made a smoother line with the tank and the drag bars. Instead of lowering the bars I raised the tank. This also gives a great place to hide all the wires I hacked up.
The speedo is on the left portion of the bike.
I think that's pretty much everything.

JSF

Sep 11, 2013
Lufkin
You ain't gonna buy a miata are u?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom