Capitol Armory ad

Contribute your cheap improvements to your guns in lieu of high dollar options.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    Houston, TX
    I have taken sand paper to a couple factory AR triggers with very good results. The sear angle on the trigger makes the trigger have to push the hammer back to be pulled. That makes for a heavy and gritty trigger pull. Changing the angle lowers the trigger pull and smooths it out considerably. I only work on the trigger, not the cut on the hammer.

I can get a smooth 5.5# pull and keep it safe. I have fired many rounds through them will no trigger slip or doubling.

Just some advice for people who are considering doing this: mil-spec AR triggers are case hardened - meaning the outer layer is harder than the core. When sanding, stoning, etc on any AR FC parts, you can introduce new points of failure by going through the hardened section into the soft. All will seem well at first but a trigger that could and probably would have lasted you 10,000 rounds will probably give up the ghost after less than half that many.
    You're better off buying an ALG QMS for $45.

Anyway, like some of you, I made my own "night sights". The white sight paint on my old XD-45C had turned permanently yellow due to powder residue, so I used a dental pick (that's not paint in there!) to carefully pick out all of the factory "gunk", then mixed up some Glow Inc. Ultra G-10 green with some epoxy and painstakingly filled in the holes dab at a time. Then, just because I'm paranoid like that, I sealed each dot with a small dab of super glue after the epoxy set. I did that about a year and maybe 500-600 rounds ago and it's still holding up.
    Gun Zone Deals

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    If you wondered about a pocket holster, here's a very inexpensive idea to try. Made from 1/4 of a Pet Dish Mat from HEB ~ $4. One side of the mat is terry cloth, the other is pretty thin poly plastic. The pistol in the pics is 6.6" long and 5.2" tall so a true pocket pistol will fit easily. The outer terry cloth side grabs your pocket and the slick, Pocket holster 4.jpg inner plastic side allows you to draw the Pocket holster 4.jpg weapon. Pocket holster 1.jpg It takes some sewing. I added a plastic block inside (not shown) for the front of the trigger guard to rest against.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    Houston, TX
    My cheap mod was a Hogue Handall Jr. slip on grip. The grip is tacky and has molding that your fingers can fit between and give you better control. The recoil is more comfortable.

0325102326-00.jpg

I got you beat. I achieved the same effect by using one of those broccoli rubber bands (fat and short). I had a yellow one on my bedside gun until I found a blue one while helping the woman with dinner one night.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Surefire with a 1inch body, fit 1 inch scope rings. If you want to mount a surefire to your scope. Use two rings and a ruger 10/22 scope base and Lego it together.

Weaver scope bases for the marlin lever action hold the same mounts as picky rails.

Fritz inside the barrel clean it better then solvents. Rings on revolver cylinders too.

M2 Carbine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2014
    Last week I bought a CZ Scorpion EVO 9mm pistol.
    I have a backyard range and picking up fired cases is a normal everyday thing but with this gun I've been going through a lot of 9mm reloads and picking up a lot of brass..
    I thought, I need a shell catcher, for when I'm shooting from the bench.
    Do to the configuration of the gun a very efficient shell catcher was made with a cardboard box, a toothpick, a paperclip, a couple strips of Duct Tape and a small cardboard box.
    It worked so well, didn't lose a single fired case, I think I'll try to make one that doesn't look like a ......................cardboard box. :)

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    I'm going to try to modify a corset for a concealed carry holster option, instead of paying $120 for a Dene Adams one. Wish me luck.

I ordered the corset at Walmart.com today. $11 total shipped on clearance.

Last edited:
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom