ARJ Defense ad

Conversation About Waco Massacre At Church Last Night With A…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    So the Bible study I attend on Wednesday evenings has an interesting crowd, from older business owners to undergrad Aggies and everyone in between.

One gentleman who started attending a few weeks ago is a retired BATFE agent. I knew this and had done a very good job of watching my tongue even though he seemed to be a bit of a pompous, know-it-all, jerk. He retired recently after 40 years with them.

Before most folks arrived it was just a few of us and the pastor leading it asked him if he’d seen the current Netflix special on Waco. He replied he had not and I let them both talk for a few minutes and I was told that he was there. I asked how the folks in the agency felt about that disaster and he tried to not call it that, I pressed a little. As he danced around that I said especially after the Ruby Ridge fiasco. He again stated, “well, I’m not sure what you really know about that.” I mentioned a little and said something about Mrs. Weaver being killed. He then said that she shouldn’t have been killed but that “it was a good shot.” I nearly exploded and said murdering her was a good shot? He said the sniper was aiming for someone else so he was not aiming for her which made it a good shot. I said a good sniper wouldn’t have taken that shot and that it was murder. By this point the pastor calmed things down but man oh man. I also through out there something about working for an agency who’s sole purpose is to deprive Americans of freedoms, that also was not well received.

He left pretty quick when we were finished. I’m sure he went to take pictures of all the vehicles and get my name and any video from the church.

Thankfully I don’t have a dog.
    Venture Surplus ad

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    He said the sniper was aiming for someone else so he was not aiming for her which made it a good shot.

That makes it a shot that should not have been taken, that a competent sniper wouldn't have taken. He shot her through a door - there was nobody else near her that was visible. Dude's either lying through his teeth or quoting an official narrative.

Cool 'Horn Luke

Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2022
    Corsicana, TX
    So the Bible study I attend on Wednesday evenings has an interesting crowd, from older business owners to undergrad Aggies and everyone in between.

One gentleman who started attending a few weeks ago is a retired BATFE agent. I knew this and had done a very good job of watching my tongue even though he seemed to be a bit of a pompous, know-it-all, jerk. He retired recently after 40 years with them.

Before most folks arrived it was just a few of us and the pastor leading it asked him if he’d seen the current Netflix special on Waco. He replied he had not and I let them both talk for a few minutes and I was told that he was there. I asked how the folks in the agency felt about that disaster and he tried to not call it that, I pressed a little. As he danced around that I said especially after the Ruby Ridge fiasco. He again stated, “well, I’m not sure what you really know about that.” I mentioned a little and said something about Mrs. Weaver being killed. He then said that she shouldn’t have been killed but that “it was a good shot.” I nearly exploded and said murdering her was a good shot? He said the sniper was aiming for someone else so he was not aiming for her which made it a good shot. I said a good sniper wouldn’t have taken that shot and that it was murder. By this point the pastor calmed things down but man oh man. I also through out there something about working for an agency who’s sole purpose is to deprive Americans of freedoms, that also was not well received.

He left pretty quick when we were finished. I’m sure he went to take pictures of all the vehicles and get my name and any video from the church.

Good for you! Sounds like you're better at controlling your emotions than I am.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Mrs. Weaver's death was flat out murder. Waco was a murder scene as well. Both were completely unnecessary, but the government wanted to make sure everyone knew they were "in charge".

When Waco occurred, I was working with a guy who had spent most of his life in Philadelphia. I mentioned to him that it reminded me of a mess that had occurred there in 1985 (google "project move philadelphia) when the police dropped bombs on a house and wound up burning down 65 buildings and killing a bunch of people, including kids. He instantly remember the event. I told him that while the bombing was widely reported, I couldn't remember what happened after the inquest. He replied, "All the police and other city groups got together and met behind closed doors until they all agreed that the whole thing was the fault of the people who died. By the way, that's exactly what's going to happen with this thing in Waco." He was 100% right.

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    Don't let him see you jaywalking.
    If he does, I will tell him:
    1. Jaywalking is not a federal offense and you do not enforce local laws.
    2. You are out of your juris-dick-tion here.
    3. You are trespassing on my property. Leave immediately or you will be arrested for criminal trespass.
    4. Goodbye.

And if he doesn't leave, I will gladly call the local LE and tell them there's an armed man on my front lawn threatening me, harassing me, trespassing and won't leave. Let them sort it out.
    And I, sure as hell, would keep my dog inside so that they don't shoot him.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Good for you! Sounds like you're better at controlling your emotions than I am.
    I think I failed at that, I definitely let my emotions get the best of me. I tried reigning them in, but his stupidity got me flustered. Accepting murder in both circumstances because of varying degrees of “legality” per the gov, is BS.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    I understand working for a company, organization, agency, etc. and not agreeing with official policies.

Not long before I got out, we got our brief about Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell being repealed. The Major giving the brief had many of the same concerns and he said he asked the Colonels giving him his brief the same questions and he was told told to accept or get out. He was unfortunately a terminal Major due to some things outside his control (truly not his fault, I’ll explain in another thread), so he was done and said that was official USMC policy and those that don’t agree should get out if we don’t agree. So, many did.

To spend 40 years in an organization you have to agree with the direction of that agency, etc. When I told him his agency’s sole purpose was to deprive Americans of their liberties and freedoms, I meant it. There is a NO way it’s possible to spend that much time doing that, and be fighting for American values. To tie it in to a church mentality, there is no way you can TRULY believe The Gospel, yet work for someone like Joel Osteen or Benny Himm for four decades and not see they aren’t perverting the truth.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    The worst tier of “people” are child molesters, ATF employees and IRS employees. With the FBI quickly being added to that list. Notice I said employees, and not “agents.” I don’t care if you’re the secretary or janitor, you deserve the same level of hell.

Below them are murderers, rapists, politicians, and all other bureaucrats.

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest

"Mister, my wife, child, and dog are more important to me than your service to shredding the constitution of the States. I am leaving. Enjoy your ride home".

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    I think I failed at that, I definitely let my emotions get the best of me. I tried reigning them in, but his stupidity got me flustered. Accepting murder in both circumstances because of varying degrees of “legality” per the gov, is BS.
    I dont think you were in the wrong at all man. Sometimes it happens. Glad you made a stand instead of sitting there while he spews his nonsense

paknheat

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2022
    Texas, Somewhere near Palestine

I think you handled that quite well. Thank you for calling him out on his bs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom