Convicted murderer escapes transport bus in Centerville - UPDATE: KILLED 6/2/2022

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    So it was a bunch of guys being moved? I just assumed since more guys weren't on the lam that it was a solo deal.
    Yes. Only one escapee out of multiple inmates being transported but I don't know the inmate total count. Seems odd to me moving a lifer with other inmates but we don't know their sentences. May be peas in a pod?
    ARJ Defense ad

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    Yes. Only one escapee out of multiple inmates being transported but I don't know the inmate total count. Seems odd to me moving a lifer with other inmates but we don't know their sentences. May be peas in a pod?
    Ugh- a bus full of Lifers. Sounds like a real party. God bless those guards. Somebody screwed the pooch, but it sure isn’t a job I’d want. Not highly compensated, you’re hated by everyone you see everyday, and one mistake could mean the end of your or someone else’s life. That’s a tough row to hoe for a career choice.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    UPDATE: May 20, 2022, 3:30 p.m.

The search for escapee Gonzalo Lopez is entering a new, expanded phase. The Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ), the Office of Inspector General (OIG), along with numerous law enforcement agencies have concluded an exhaustive ground and air search in Leon County. (emphasis added)

A contingent of personnel will remain in the county and will be conducting strategic searches of areas outside the original secured perimeter. The renewed focus by OIG, Texas Rangers, and U.S. Marshals is to leave no stone unturned as they follow leads and track Lopez’s whereabouts.

“Anyone who has knowledge of Lopez’s location should come forward,” said Inspector General Cris Love. “Those found to be helping or harboring him not only will face arrest and prosecution, but I believe they are putting themselves in danger. Lopez has a complete disregard for human life and will do what it takes to avoid capture. We will take this investigation where ever it leads us until Lopez is back in custody.”

Those with information on the suspect should call TDCJ OIG Crime Stoppers at 1-800-832-8477 or 936-437-5171. Lopez is approximately 6′0″ feet tall and 190 lbs and was last seen wearing white clothing in a wooded area off of Highway 7 in Leon County. A $50,000 reward is being offered for information leading to the capture of Lopez.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    Remember the group who escaped on Christmas Eve, shot and killed a police officer. I think they were captured in Nevada?

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Remember the group who escaped on Christmas Eve, shot and killed a police officer. I think they were captured in Nevada?

From your link:

- On December 13, 2000, seven convicts break out of a maximum-security prison
    - The Texas Seven then fled to Colorado
    - Ringleader George Rivas was captured along with three of the other men. A fifth fugitive committed suicide
    - Two days later, law enforcement officials closed in on the two remaining escapees at a hotel in Colorado Springs

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    From your link:

- On December 13, 2000, seven convicts break out of a maximum-security prison
    - The Texas Seven then fled to Colorado
    - Ringleader George Rivas was captured along with three of the other men. A fifth fugitive committed suicide
    - Two days later, law enforcement officials closed in on the two remaining escapees at a hotel in Colorado Springs
    I remember that.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    I'm almost 2 hours East of Centerville. Still I'm remote enough that my neighbors and I have started locking our doors and communicating daily just to make sure everything is quiet.

I figure he will hold up some place at a deer camp or in abandoned Barn until he has to go out for supplies. And, there's a very good chance someone is helping him on the outside.

Long ago, the neighbors and I established a duress phrase, just in case. I know... sounds cloak-and- dagger, but "a plan" is better than "no plan".

And, no, we don't wear secret decoder rings.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    Window screen cut. Saw that this morning. Then when the sun hit it I was the blind all screwed up and window up.

Cops cam by and knocked on the door and left.
    Gotcha. Thought you may have been referring to a scenario like the housing market bust of the early 80's. It was not uncommon for folks who were upside down and about to face foreclosure to leave in the middle of the night and take ceiling fans, fixtures, and even light bulbs and hit the road.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Gotcha. Thought you may have been referring to a scenario like the housing market bust of the early 80's. It was not uncommon for folks who were upside down and about to face foreclosure to leave in the middle of the night and take ceiling fans, fixtures, and even light bulbs and hit the road.
    They may have bailed a week ago. I saw a couple truck loads of stuff being moved out.

But they rent rooms probably sell drugs so people come and go like crazy. Untill a week ago.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

I remember the S&L crisis well. I don’t think we’re there, but I do think we’re closer to 1929 than people think. Cryptocurrency is backed by real money and crypto just tanked. A lot of what tanked was covered by debt. That debt will spillover to real world dollar accounts.

Couple that with another subprime crash (this time in auto and small dollar unsecured loans) and things have the potential to be as ugly as they have in the past, just in a different manner.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

I remember the S&L crisis well. I don’t think we’re there, but I do think we’re closer to 1929 than people think. Cryptocurrency is backed by real money and crypto just tanked. A lot of what tanked was covered by debt. That debt will spillover to real world dollar accounts.

Couple that with another subprime crash (this time in auto and small dollar unsecured loans) and things have the potential to be as ugly as they have in the past, just in a different manner.

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    I'm almost 2 hours East of Centerville. Still I'm remote enough that my neighbors and I have started locking our doors and communicating daily just to make sure everything is quiet.

I figure he will hold up some place at a deer camp or in abandoned Barn until he has to go out for supplies. And, there's a very good chance someone is helping him on the outside.

Long ago, the neighbors and I established a duress phrase, just in case. I know... sounds cloak-and- dagger, but "a plan" is better than "no plan".

And, no, we don't wear secret decoder rings.
    My wife and I have certain subjects that if mentioned mean trouble is afoot.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom