• ...and so much more!
  • codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    I don't understand how you can have an Unlawful Carry by a Handgun License Holder...if you're not a Handgun License Holder...

cops? security guards?

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I don't understand how you can have an Unlawful Carry by a Handgun License Holder...if you're not a Handgun License Holder...

cops? security guards?
    I know that if a security officer is in uniform whether on or off duty he/she cannot conceal a handgun. If you're a security officer with a CHL and you Commission and you get off work you can cover up your hand gun with a "plain clothes" or "street clothes" and then you are a CHL holder not a commissioned security officer. But a CHL holder could be convicted of ULC if he/she carries in a prohibited area as well but i think they had a separate listing for that. I'm sure TI will be along and answer that better than I can, and maybe even correct me if I'm wrong as I might be on something somewhere.

We’re a sick bunch though...seemed to be high numbers of CHLs that committed sexual offences with children.
    I noticed that. I don't like those numbers. If I ever caught someone messing with a child in that way I might get my name a list in Huntsville, TX.:mad:

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    These are the two that are getting me:

UNL CARRY HANDGUN LIC HOLDER

Non CHL -15
    CHL - 9

UNL CARRY HANDGUN LIC HOLDER ALCH PREM/CORR

Non CHL – 4
    CHL – 0

I understand them being committed by a CHL, but not a non CHL.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    These are the two that are getting me:

UNL CARRY HANDGUN LIC HOLDER

Non CHL -15
    CHL - 9

UNL CARRY HANDGUN LIC HOLDER ALCH PREM/CORR

Non CHL – 4
    CHL – 0

I understand them being committed by a CHL, but not a non CHL.

The bottom of the report states, ""Convictions of CHL Holders" includes any conviction reported to the Concealed Handgun Licensing Bureau for which the convicted individual held a license to carry a concealed handgun at the time the offense was committed."

So if the state criminal history repository showed a conviction. but the conviction was never reported to the CHL division, then it would show under total convictions, but not under CHL convictions.

I think.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    UNL POSS METAL OR BODY ARMOR BY FELON 11 0 0.0000%

A bit off topic but what exactly is that?

Texas Penal Code
    Sec. 46.041. UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF METAL OR BODY ARMOR BY FELON. (a) In this section, "metal or body armor" means any body covering manifestly designed, made, or adapted for the purpose of protecting a person against gunfire.
    (b) A person who has been convicted of a felony commits an offense if after the conviction the person possesses metal or body armor.
    (c) An offense under this section is a felony of the third degree.

thorkyl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Brazoria County
    TI, would/could a person be charged with a violation of Sec. 46.041 (b) if they where holding/carrying it for someone?

Just wondering since our company uses bomb/blast blankets in the plants sometimes and I know there is bound to be at least one felon on a crew.

I know the blanket is not a body covering but they do throw them over the shoulder thus creating a body covering

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    TI, would/could a person be charged with a violation of Sec. 46.041 (b) if they where holding/carrying it for someone?

Just wondering since our company uses bomb/blast blankets in the plants sometimes and I know there is bound to be at least one felon on a crew.

I know the blanket is not a body covering but they do throw them over the shoulder thus creating a body covering

I doubt it, but that is just my opinion.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas

cops? security guards?

Penal Code 46.035: Unlawful Carrying of Handgun by License Holder

Possessing a CHL doesn't exempt a person from gun laws when they have a gun on their person.

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    Penal Code 46.035: Unlawful Carrying of Handgun by License Holder

Possessing a CHL doesn't exempt a person from gun laws when they have a gun on their person.

It's the people without CHL's shown to be getting charged with this that I was refering to.

Top Bottom