• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Seabear1500

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Corpus Christi
    I'm flying to Detroit this week, and I have been looking for a small lockable pistol case that can fit in my suitcase. I tried a couple plastic ones, but they could be pried open way too easy with the lock in place. WHo designs this junk? Anyways I hate having to go to the local Stealer, but I ran out of choices. So I went and to my surprise I found just what I didn't know existed and I wanted. LOL This case won't resist an insistant thief with some tools, but it will serve the purpose
    [url]http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/sport-lock-locking-pistol-case.aspx?a=486578[/URL]
    It has a cable with it that you can use or not use. I ran the cable through the handle rail inside the suitcase so the case can't just "fall" out. Works perfect! When I get back I will be installing it in my truck. It's better than leaving my pistol under a floor mat or in the console when I have to leave it in the truck . I'll let you know how it survives the trip.
    Texas SOT

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Does one need to "cut out" the foam for the pistol, or can it be used for mutliple weapons & they just be placed inside?

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    I have a similar product by a diff company and love mine also. Some have combination locks that appear to be plastic, the keyed locks are metal on my version. Would recommend, I've put wallet, spare keys, etc in it also

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2009
    DFW
    I like it! I'd have to get a second one for ammunition but at that price it's still cheaper than my Pelican that I use now. Plus the Pelican takes up so much room.

My understanding of TSA procedures is that any bag checked with a firearm is hand walked to the plane from their inspection point. If so, that should provide some relief from those worrying that a baggage handler might walk off with their firearms. I'm not 100% on this, but it what was put out at a security conference. Hope it's true.

Seabear1500

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Corpus Christi
    I like it! I'd have to get a second one for ammunition but at that price it's still cheaper than my Pelican that I use now. Plus the Pelican takes up so much room.

My understanding of TSA procedures is that any bag checked with a firearm is hand walked to the plane from their inspection point. If so, that should provide some relief from those worrying that a baggage handler might walk off with their firearms. I'm not 100% on this, but it what was put out at a security conference. Hope it's true.

I haven't heard that, but it mightexplain why my bags kept getting lost. LOL

Top Bottom