• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    So, I'm in the process of fixing the A/C in the Honda, and one of the screws I have to remove to get the resistor module off of the blower motor is almost impossible to get at. Went to the hardware store to look for one of those Phillips drivers bent 90 degrees, but found this instead:

WY0VjSR.jpg

It's magnetic with a hex drive on one side, a 1/4" square drive on the other, and enough grip that you can apply quite a bit of torque to get something loose.

Here's the actual size, and even as small as this is there still almost wasn't enough room to get that dang screw out.

iRvkHCD.jpg
    Texas SOT

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I bought a kit from Sears that is similiar except the tip holder is a little ratchet. You can get some good power out of it for those situations. A regular ratchet would work also with a tip in it.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Yeah, I got one also. Real handy. I like the fact you can put a 1/4 drive ratchet on it if you need extra torque in a tight space. Beats the heck out of using a crescent wrench on one of those bit heads.

Best thing is they are only a few bucks.

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    I was just so geeked about finding this thing since it turned out to be the perfect solution to getting that f***ing module loose. A little background; the fan motor in my dash went out - whether on vent, A/C, or heat - no fan. After checking fuses and relays and finding +12 at the connector to the motor, I was left with either a bad motor or power module. Getting to the module wasn't so bad - after the glove box is out and the little cover under the dash was removed, it was all pretty much right there. Two screws to remove and a connector to disconnect, but one screw was buried behind a bunch of wiring and brackets that weren't going anywhere easily. Now I just plan to wait until the front comes through so I can finish the job with the new part without having to sweat my ass off. If I could afford a car payment, this thing would be long gone.

SR9TEX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2013
    Odd tools like this are good to have when your in a tight spot I have somthing similar that can also be used with a slip on 2" handle to ratchet.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    There are places that are virtually impossible to access. Tools like that lay in my box until......that magic day when they're worth their weight in gold!

Flash

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    I bought a set of them from harborfreight. it looks like they are opening one here in Katy. next to the 99 cent only store.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I bought a set of them from harborfreight. it looks like they are opening one here in Katy. next to the 99 cent only store.

I'm visiting my daughter and her family this weekend and would love to take my grandsons to Harbor Freight. Can you narrow down where it's located in Katy and when it might open (if not already open). Thanks

Top Bottom