• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • InfantryNCO

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Kempner
    ...you as well as i know today's youth has no respect for the law.

That's a pretty broad statement. What do you base the assumption that all of today's youth disrespect you? Before you start blaming everyone else, don't you think it might be because of incidents like in the original post? Nahhh.... Couldn't be that, could it. So why do you suppose some youth have no respect for THE LAW [insert foreboding theme music here]?

and i dont need you or anyone telling me i don't need to be something, i'll do what i damn well please, if i want to be a private investigator and follow you all day i will...

Not too concerned about that, I'm not a 15yr old girl.
    Lynx Defense

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    In Texas the licence does say Peace Officer. So do the Law books. But it sounds old timey and country. But they are still Peace Officers. IMHO

InfantryNCO

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Kempner
    Peace Officer is a term used in the Code of Criminal Procedures to define the jobs licensed under the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Officer Standards and Education (TCLEOSE) It is a broad term to include those licensed under TCLEOSE.

When I was with a TABC agent off duty and we had to intervene in an assault, we both identified ourselves as "police". Everyone knows what that means. To say, "stop, Peace Officer", would not have the impact on most as, "stop, police".

Should have been more specific. Somewhere along the line, police went from "peace officers" to "law enforcement officers." Just wondering when.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    if my daughter kicked her shoe at an officer after being arrested, i would tell her she got what was coming... you don't disrespect ANY officer of the law regardless of the situation.

you as well as i know today's youth has no respect for the law.

A lot of anti-cop rhetoric but few willing to don the uniform and go into the dark scary places after the bogie man. Until you have walked a mile in my shoes STFU!

I have driven it into my kids that we do our talking in court. You must fully cooperate when instructed/commanded by a LEO. You MUST NOT TALK, even if it means a beating.

I agree with the respect thing, those young officers had ZERO RESPECT for the law.

So far as walking a mile in your shoes, spare me the sermon. We are all adults and live our lives. Telling me to STFU reinforces my opinion of people in the LE profession.

Two grown men had absolutely no right to beat that kid. Grow a thicker skin or quit before you kill someone.

Dust

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Mito, Japan/Georgetown, Texas
    I avoid the police like the plague. My defense? I obey the law. Also, I avoid charity work, socializing, or even standing on a street corner when a LEO is present. The only place I knowingly visit, where they are present, is the shooting range and the bank.

Am I ashamed of my prejudice? No. Do I expect you to agree with me? No.

I'm with you. I don't trust anyone with the power to legally make my life hell when they don't like the way I look at them with the respect or whatever else it is they think they reserve. Just because you have power doesn't mean that you are better than me. Don't take this as me hating on police or law enforcement. My grandpa was law his whole life, and I respect him and all other police that deserve respect. Again, respect is earned not given

i was brought up to give respect to the law,

Law is an idea, a set of rules. Comparing police officers to the law is like saying the priests are the same as religion, or the bible. If you are raped by a priest you have the choice to not follow God's commands. Unfortunately that doesn't stand true for the law.

Old Man of the Mountain

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    yeah because kicking your shoe at an officer and mouthing her smart ass at him wasn't classified as assault...

she assaulted him clear as day, and i can guarantee she was running her mouth before and/or during....

police deserve respect, when it is CLEARY not given you get what you give...

was it a little too far... you can't tell from the video angle, she might have had him by the nuts and he was going for her head to let him go...

the news side of these things is never biased towards the officer, only the innocent little 15 y/o girl ( that did something bad enough to be in jail in the first place...)

I agree.

If she really is a criminal, then she was right where she deserved to be.

Folks just like her have a saying "If you don't start nothing, there ain't gonna be nothing" but they never even pay attention to what they themselves say, let alone any one else.

Darkwind

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Houston
    If I had lost my cool like that after being called pig, oinker, Officer Griffin (Family Guy reference), and had more than shoes hurled at me, I'd have several DOZEN cases like that against me. You can't have a thin skin in that buisness, and even if you do- you HAVE to know your limitations and be able to leave to blow off steam before you uncork like that.

Of course- he might have just been an ass by nature- but I believe in the benefit of the doubt.

De-escalation: will save you a heart attack and court fees every time...

Top Bottom