• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    The only reason you don't hear about them attacking people often is that the media only like to run the "man mauled by pit bull" story's because it sells. I have met more mean dogs than I can count and most of them were Labs. The rest were Dalmatians, rottweilers, german shepherds, little taco bell dogs and a very few were pit bulls. I have met a lot of pit pulls and I think that 2 or 3 maybe 4, were "biters" and one would just bite your jacket just for fun he wasn't really trying to hurt you.
    Capitol Armory ad

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    The only reason you don't hear about them attacking people often is that the media only like to run the "man mauled by pit bull" story's because it sells. I have met more mean dogs than I can count and most of them were Labs. The rest were Dalmatians, rottweilers, german shepherds, little taco bell dogs and a very few were pit bulls. I have met a lot of pit pulls and I think that 2 or 3 maybe 4, were "biters" and one would just bite your jacket just for fun he wasn't really trying to hurt you.

Hey Big........sadly your take on this is probably right on target........same media that likes to jump on gun violence!

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    That may be true that other breed are just as aggressive, but I don't like pit bulls. I'd like to have a gun handy when I see them.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Generally speaking a pit bull is a very playful, fun loving and very very loyal to there owner. Don't let the hype get to you, most are great family dogs but ANY dog no matter the breed can and will bite you if they feel threatened by you. I have had a pit bull that was great with children, but she was never alone with children. Not because I didn't trust her, but because I was being careful for the child and my dog. She let a 3 year old poke her in the eye 3 times before she moved her head so that the child's hand was on the top of her head and not in her eyes. And this is the dog I had to put down a few months ago. I miss her, she kept my hound dog in check for me.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    That may be true that other breed are just as aggressive, but I don't like pit bulls. I'd like to have a gun handy when I see them.
    I don't single out one group of any dog to be more or less aggressive than the other. Like I just said pit bulls are great dogs but they have their natural traits that if overlooked can cause trouble. I was the same way when I got the dog I'm speaking of in the above post, but soon realized that I had pegged them wrong.

Top Bottom