Target Sports

Cop uses his PEST device on a guy who already has his hands on the squad car (video)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eriadoc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Suspect has his hands on the squad car, offering no physical resistance, and the officer just tasers him in the back of the neck.

[
    From WCCO: The Minneapolis Police Department is again defending itself against accusations that an officer went too far during an arrest - 11/03/09

YouTube - Cops Taser Man With His Hands Already On Police Car

I guess we keep letting our liberty go a little at a time. These incidents are becoming all too frequent, and the citizenry just accepts it and rationalizes it.
    DK Firearms

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Easy litmus test: Would you be justified in hitting him in whatever situation? No? Then why the (#)$ do we allow certain police officers who use them inappropriately to get away with it!?

KellyAsh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2009
    Roatan, Honduras
    That shit is straight up torture. It wasnt for just a second, it was for at least 12 seconds. That cop needs to be charged with agg assault at a minimum. I HATE CROOKED COPS!!!

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    He's mouthing something, and honestly, it's a rather incomplete video.

Frankly, I think the guy got quite a ride for just trying to incapacitate someone, and where's the backup?

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    IF it's as presented, then yeah - time for that cop to be on the other side of the courtroom. I say "if" because we don't know what led up to this - they may have just come out of a scuffle in which the officer barely gained control, and he may be at his limits of physical endurance, and concerned that the suspect is capable of overpowering him.
    I'm NOT saying that's the case, because on the surface it looks like flat-out assault to me - but bear in mind that often tapes show one thing at any given time, when a review of the entire incident will prove out that the action was justified. Just as I'd not want to presume guilt on a "bad guy" given this type of "evidence", I'll hold judgement on the cop - for now.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    IF it's as presented, then yeah - time for that cop to be on the other side of the courtroom. I say "if" because we don't know what led up to this - they may have just come out of a scuffle in which the officer barely gained control, and he may be at his limits of physical endurance, and concerned that the suspect is capable of overpowering him.
    I'm NOT saying that's the case, because on the surface it looks like flat-out assault to me - but bear in mind that often tapes show one thing at any given time, when a review of the entire incident will prove out that the action was justified. Just as I'd not want to presume guilt on a "bad guy" given this type of "evidence", I'll hold judgement on the cop - for now.
    +1 I'll just say as it is presented it looks like the cop is a douche. But it is in complete and no way to tell what happened before hand.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I don't know why the officer held it in place so long, but I'm not taser certified either. And tasers shoot one projectile with two barbed needles and two wires that stick into their target right? So do they also have a stun gun like feature that allows them to be used in that manner? Like I said I have not ever taken the class or been certified with a taser, I'm just curious.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    ok, I know that context matters, but it doesn't seem all that relavent in this case.

So what if the guy was trashing the cop's profession, integrity, or favorite cartoon? I can't taser some random idiot cause he has a big mouth, and neither can a police officer.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    All I'm saying is that we may not have the "full picture" here - give it time for ALL the information to come out.

I don't disagree. I won't say the guy didn't deserve it. However, the person with authority and/or power has to be responsible to the end.

If it was the heat of a fist fight and the cop shot him, I would not have a problem with it.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Exactly - had they been wrappin' up a major fight, I'd be sayin' "tough luck!" - but as it APPEARS, there's some 'splainin' ta do....for his sake, I hope he can!

Byaah_19

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    DFW
    There is no reason or excuse for this. No matter what happened earlier or what lead up to this. The man has his hands on the car and is possing no threat to any one. This is rediculous. I cant become a police officer for certain reasons but they let this jack off in and look what he does.

Top Bottom