Cop uses his PEST device on a guy who already has his hands on the squad car (video)

Discussion in 'Politics' started by eriadoc, Nov 5, 2009.

1. eriadoc

eriadoc Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Suspect has his hands on the squad car, offering no physical resistance, and the officer just tasers him in the back of the neck.

[
    YouTube - Cops Taser Man With His Hands Already On Police Car

I guess we keep letting our liberty go a little at a time. These incidents are becoming all too frequent, and the citizenry just accepts it and rationalizes it.

2. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Holy $hit!

3. M. Sage

M. Sage TGT Addict

Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Easy litmus test: Would you be justified in hitting him in whatever situation? No? Then why the (#)$ do we allow certain police officers who use them inappropriately to get away with it!?

4. KellyAsh

KellyAsh Active Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Roatan, Honduras
    That shit is straight up torture. It wasnt for just a second, it was for at least 12 seconds. That cop needs to be charged with agg assault at a minimum. I HATE CROOKED COPS!!!

5. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    He's mouthing something, and honestly, it's a rather incomplete video.

Frankly, I think the guy got quite a ride for just trying to incapacitate someone, and where's the backup?

6. TexasRedneck

TexasRedneck 1911 Nut Lifetime Member

Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    IF it's as presented, then yeah - time for that cop to be on the other side of the courtroom. I say "if" because we don't know what led up to this - they may have just come out of a scuffle in which the officer barely gained control, and he may be at his limits of physical endurance, and concerned that the suspect is capable of overpowering him.
    I'm NOT saying that's the case, because on the surface it looks like flat-out assault to me - but bear in mind that often tapes show one thing at any given time, when a review of the entire incident will prove out that the action was justified. Just as I'd not want to presume guilt on a "bad guy" given this type of "evidence", I'll hold judgement on the cop - for now.

7. Big country

Big country TGT Addict

Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    +1 I'll just say as it is presented it looks like the cop is a douche. But it is in complete and no way to tell what happened before hand.

8. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    I'd demand more money. People forget cheap lessons.

9. TexasRedneck

TexasRedneck 1911 Nut Lifetime Member

Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Which is one of the things that makes me suspicious - low settlement offers are often made because folks feel that a jury would reject culpability, but low settlements often get paid just to "make it go away".

10. txinvestigator

txinvestigator TGT Addict

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    We must have lots of fit forum members, with all of the jumping to conclusions around here.

Without CONTEXT, this video means nothing.