Capitol Armory ad

Cop uses his PEST device on a guy who already has his hands on the squad car (video)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I'd sure hate to have ya'll on a jury - most of you are ready to convict without the full story. True - it LOOKS bad, but I can promise you that there MAY be a good reason for the taser deployment. Main thing is - rather than rush to judgement, take the time to consider the man guilty until proven innocent....or don't we do that any more?
    Military Camp

Wraith

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2009
    DFW
    I think he may have deserved it just a bit, give respect, get respect. WTF is he doing throwing landscape bricks at people's cars? Least of all a policeman's?

[URL]http://blogs.citypages.com/blotter/2009/11/defendant_in_ta.php[/URL]

The 18-year-old man suing the City of Minneapolis after the use of a Taser during an arrest in April has pleaded guilty to a gross misdemeanor for the crime that led to his arrest.

Rolando Ruiz was charged with first-degree damage to property, a felony. He pleaded guilty to a gross misdemeanor and sentenced to 62 days, two years probation and a $50 fine. He has already served his time behind bars.

On April 30, police say Ruiz standing on a planter near the Second Precinct headquarters. He was accused of throwing a landscaping brick at a police officer's personal car.

Ruiz is suing the city for civil rights violations after the dashboard cam caught the officer using a Taser on his neck while he had his hands on the squad car. Minneapolis Police Chief Tim Dolan has asked the FBI to review the tape.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Being mad because there was a dent in his car doesn't give the police officer authority to taser a person.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    They BOTH deserve Darwin awards - but the cop deserves time. I mean, how STUPID do you have to be to throw stuff at a cops' car?!?!? And how TOTALLY stupid do you have to be to assault a non-resisting suspect in front of your OWN freakin' camera?!?!? Yeah - shoe dropped on THIS one - and the winner is the punk, who's gonna walk away with some city $$$.

Wraith

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2009
    DFW
    Did the guy deserve to get tazed? No. But the policeman that protects that scumbag everday does not deserve to be treated like that either.

You don't hear about "Man standing on corner giving away free hugs, shot and killed by police" Or "Innocent man walking down street shot by police snipers"

To the morons that say f the police like the dirtball in this and many other videos: STOP BREAKING THE LAW AND THE COPS WON'T BEAT, TAZE, AND SHOOT YOU!!!!!!!!

Simple as that. :banghead:

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Sorry, Wraith - but I disagree. Much as it pains me to say it, the cop went TOTALLY over the line. He had the guy dead to rights on criminal charges, and there was no threat - but he chose to make it personal. There's no room for that in law enforcement. Had the guy been resisting, then I'd have said - "All's fair" - but he wasn't. Otherwise, we give LEO's the "out" of allowing their personal feelings to become involved in their job - and that is a dangerous slope to go down.

Wraith

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2009
    DFW
    No, no, I agree the guy "might" not have deserved to get tazed but my support will almost always lean towards the policemen as I know quite a few that put up with bullshit like this everyday. Not that the policeman's actions were right but the guy would not have gotten tazed if he hadn't broke the law, seems simple to me.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    No "might" about it - or do you want to be the poor sap that accidentally rear ends a cops wife, and have HIM make the scene? At the point that he began complying with the officers' demands, all aggressive acts by the LEO should immediately cease. Period.

Wraith

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2009
    DFW
    I'll hold my opinion on "might" until all the facts are out on the case, which we only see the video with no audio or rebuttal from the policeman's side. What happened before the "hands on the hood" is just as pertinent as what happened after.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I work as an electrician and have a million ohm body resistance. They won't work on me.

You have any experience with really high voltage, like voltage in the tens of thousands? I do, and I can tell you that even materials that are supposedly non-conductive can become conductive when the voltage hits that level.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom