Join TexasGunTalk

cop vs. cop

Discussion in 'News Articles' started by cbigclarke, Oct 14, 2013.

1. cbigclarke

cbigclarke TGT Addict

Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
  2. matefrio

matefrio ΔΕΞΑΙ TGT Supporter

Sheriff Keith Ferguson Retires After 43 Years of Serving Arkansas | 5NEWSOnline.com

A big group gathered Friday to celebrate the achievements of four Benton County law enforcement officers.

Sheriff Keith Ferguson, Captain Mike Sydoriak, Major Gene Drake, and Chief Deputy Don Townsend are retiring after serving and protecting Benton County for decades.

“I’m happy that the people have come out in support of our retirement, and it is our retirement,” Ferguson said. “It’s not just mine. It shows their dedication. It’s gratifying.”

Ferguson has spent 43 years in law enforcement.

He began as an Arkansas State Trooper in 1969 and in 2002, after 32 years as a state trooper, he was elected Benton County Sheriff.

He began that role on January 1, 2003, and won every election after that.

Ferguson said Friday’s retirement ceremony signifies the end of an era.

At the end of the year the Benton County Sheriff’s Office will lose 150 years of combined law enforcement experience.

‘Loyal, honest and committed’ are the words Ferguson uses to describe his fellow officers.

“I’ve enjoyed several things that have happened in law enforcement, I didn’t enjoy everything but it has been a wonderful experience for me,” he said.
    December 31 will be Ferguson, Sydoriak, Drake and Townsend’s last day with the Benton County Sheriff’s Office.

Kelley Cradduck will replace Ferguson beginning January 1, 2013.

3. txinvestigator

txinvestigator TGT Addict

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I am not watching anything with such a title. Prejudice much? What did he do, sell boy scout cookies for his son while on duty?

4. cbigclarke

cbigclarke TGT Addict

Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    Oh give it watch. I'm really curious as to your thoughts about it.

NO bashing...promise

5. Das Jared

Das Jared TGT Addict

Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    You already know what thecanswer is going to be.. why bother lol

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

6. T-FAST

T-FAST Well-Known

Mar 9, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    Hmm.. Would a county vehicle not need to be registered?

7. cbigclarke

cbigclarke TGT Addict

Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    One would think so. It's not like a government vehicle has never been stolen, and the plates have to come from somewhere

8. T-FAST

T-FAST Well-Known

Mar 9, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    Sherif sure had an attitude, and the patrol officer did a good job, though I think the sherif should have gotten a ticket for at least no insurance and no registration and if the sherif was in the right then the court will dismiss it.

9. cbigclarke

cbigclarke TGT Addict

Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    The patrolman covered his ass well, by calling in the sup.

10. V-Tach

V-Tach TGT Addict Forum Sponsor

Sep 30, 2012
    Rockport
    Just a couple of thoughts.....

The Officers did not know who he was until he rolled down the window....

The Sheriff did not take kindly to being checked out, but that's alright, he will get used to it now that he is no longer actively in the club and retired....They sometimes kinda lose perspective until they're back on our side of the fence. He was hostile from the beginning.

I'm not surprised his registration came back as blank for security reasons....I have no problem with that.

I have no problems with the way the officers conducted themselves.

He should have just left and not came back around to the Supervisor to complain about the Officers. Not professional in my humble opinion.

He does need to carry his insurance verification for obvious reasons...

jmho.