• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Sheriff Keith Ferguson Retires After 43 Years of Serving Arkansas | 5NEWSOnline.com

A big group gathered Friday to celebrate the achievements of four Benton County law enforcement officers.

Sheriff Keith Ferguson, Captain Mike Sydoriak, Major Gene Drake, and Chief Deputy Don Townsend are retiring after serving and protecting Benton County for decades.

“I’m happy that the people have come out in support of our retirement, and it is our retirement,” Ferguson said. “It’s not just mine. It shows their dedication. It’s gratifying.”

Ferguson has spent 43 years in law enforcement.

He began as an Arkansas State Trooper in 1969 and in 2002, after 32 years as a state trooper, he was elected Benton County Sheriff.

He began that role on January 1, 2003, and won every election after that.

Ferguson said Friday’s retirement ceremony signifies the end of an era.

At the end of the year the Benton County Sheriff’s Office will lose 150 years of combined law enforcement experience.

‘Loyal, honest and committed’ are the words Ferguson uses to describe his fellow officers.

“I’ve enjoyed several things that have happened in law enforcement, I didn’t enjoy everything but it has been a wonderful experience for me,” he said.
    December 31 will be Ferguson, Sydoriak, Drake and Townsend’s last day with the Benton County Sheriff’s Office.

Kelley Cradduck will replace Ferguson beginning January 1, 2013.

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    One would think so. It's not like a government vehicle has never been stolen, and the plates have to come from somewhere

T-FAST

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    Sherif sure had an attitude, and the patrol officer did a good job, though I think the sherif should have gotten a ticket for at least no insurance and no registration and if the sherif was in the right then the court will dismiss it.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Just a couple of thoughts.....

The Officers did not know who he was until he rolled down the window....

The Sheriff did not take kindly to being checked out, but that's alright, he will get used to it now that he is no longer actively in the club and retired....They sometimes kinda lose perspective until they're back on our side of the fence. He was hostile from the beginning.

I'm not surprised his registration came back as blank for security reasons....I have no problem with that.

I have no problems with the way the officers conducted themselves.

He should have just left and not came back around to the Supervisor to complain about the Officers. Not professional in my humble opinion.

He does need to carry his insurance verification for obvious reasons...

jmho.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I'm not surprised his registration came back as blank for security reasons....I have no problem with that.

Sheriff is a public figure. He really cannot hide his identity. 30 seconds with google and you know just about everything there is to know.

As we saw from video, blank registration draws more questions than if it was just registered to Joe Blow.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Sheriff is a public figure. He really cannot hide his identity. 30 seconds with google and you know just about everything there is to know.

As we saw from video, blank registration draws more questions than if it was just registered to Joe Blow.

You can get plates that aren't registered to anyone?

Even a public figure, I'd figure it would ping a company car or something...

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    You can get plates that aren't registered to anyone?

Even a public figure, I'd figure it would ping a company car or something...

Don't know, Different states different rules. I know Texas LEOS can get DL addresses that are not their actual residence. As an FFL I had a problem with an LEO who had done this.

Anyway, I would think that blank plates are a stupid idea for reasons already cited, but perhaps it takes a few weeks for plates to show up in the system.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Alias plates are available to LE which come back to ficticious people and addresses. Typically a blank return indicates a hiccup in TLETS. Re-run it a little while later and you will get a return.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Don't know, Different states different rules. I know Texas LEOS can get DL addresses that are not their actual residence. As an FFL I had a problem with an LEO who had done this.

Anyway, I would think that blank plates are a stupid idea for reasons already cited, but perhaps it takes a few weeks for plates to show up in the system.

Don't know about TX cops but I hear it's pretty common for LEOs to use their work address on their DLs.

Top Bottom