cops beat another

Discussion in 'News Articles' started by DCortez, May 21, 2009.

1. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    /facepalm

Currently on HotAir.com and now Fox News.

The douchebag in this video almost plowed the "spike strip" throwing cop. I have to admit, I laughed when I saw the guy tossed from his mini van and the cops swarmed him.

Again, he deserved it, but... YouTube - Birmingham police beating Five officers fired May 20th 2009

2. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

I am not sure if he "laid down" or was unconcious when they started wailing on him....

3. ZX9RCAM

Merely commenting on perceived intent of the Van driver.

4. ZX9RCAM

Easy to place judgement after watching the video, don't know how I would react in their shoes....it is quite shocking to see, though.

5. Fleeing from the police constitutes 'resisting arrest' and flunks the attitude test; if you do this, you can expect to be beaten mercilessly if/when caught. I saw it happen frequently when I lived in Kalifornia.

6. Big country

Big country TGT Addict

Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    First of all my vote is for unconscious, he didn't even flinch when they start to beat. He should have watched that Chris Rock vid. Anyway there is a reason he got the shit kicked out of him, he hit or almost hit the spike strip cop with his van. That will get your ass kicked. So should they have done it? No. Did they get punished for it yet? Yes.
    The only thing that bothers me is that if I get into a fist fight with someone over a dispute, I get arrested and thrown in jail. So why can they beat the crap out of an unconscious suspect while in uniform and they only get fired. I realize how hard applying for and getting LE jobs are, especially if you have this on your record. So please don't explain the hiring process to me.
    The statements I made here are meant to be thought provoking and are not a personal attack on anyone or their profession. I stand up for the officers more times than not, but you can't argue with good ole fashioned evidence like video tape.

7. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    +1

and

+1

8. MadMo44Mag

MadMo44Mag TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    It never fails when there is a cop beating in the news my LEO daughter will send me an e-mail.

Well I got it just a little bit ago.
    I'll share some of it with you.

"Dad these guys were idiots. The camera is your friend or worst nightmare.
    You can't go to whippin a subject just because you are pumped and pissed.
    There are better ways to retaliate and it not cost you your job.
    You know like ripping the suspect up when cuffed behind the back or drag them off their feet when taking them to the car. We have lost of little ways to inflict pain and do it so the camera doesn't show you as a bad cop."

Now that may not be right but it happens and it is just part of being on the street every day working with these a-holes.
    I can see where there would be times any reasonable officer would want to take a punch at the BG.
    It's frustration, a very powerful emotion.
    But my daughter is right, if you're going to do it, don't let the camera portray you as the bad guy.

9. dbgun

dbgun TGT Addict

Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    +1....Obviously their adrenaline is extremely high and this guy is a real scumbag, but they know the cameras are running. Now they are off the streets and the scumbag will more than likely sue everyone in sight.:2cents:

I hope the officer that threw down the spikes is ok.

10. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Sometimes people just need to have their ass kicked. This guy is a prime example of it.

Not the smoothest police work, I'll say that much.