• ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Easy to place judgement after watching the video, don't know how I would react in their shoes....it is quite shocking to see, though.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    First of all my vote is for unconscious, he didn't even flinch when they start to beat. He should have watched that Chris Rock vid. Anyway there is a reason he got the shit kicked out of him, he hit or almost hit the spike strip cop with his van. That will get your ass kicked. So should they have done it? No. Did they get punished for it yet? Yes.
    The only thing that bothers me is that if I get into a fist fight with someone over a dispute, I get arrested and thrown in jail. So why can they beat the crap out of an unconscious suspect while in uniform and they only get fired. I realize how hard applying for and getting LE jobs are, especially if you have this on your record. So please don't explain the hiring process to me.
    The statements I made here are meant to be thought provoking and are not a personal attack on anyone or their profession. I stand up for the officers more times than not, but you can't argue with good ole fashioned evidence like video tape.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    It never fails when there is a cop beating in the news my LEO daughter will send me an e-mail.

Well I got it just a little bit ago.
    I'll share some of it with you.

"Dad these guys were idiots. The camera is your friend or worst nightmare.
    You can't go to whippin a subject just because you are pumped and pissed.
    There are better ways to retaliate and it not cost you your job.
    You know like ripping the suspect up when cuffed behind the back or drag them off their feet when taking them to the car. We have lost of little ways to inflict pain and do it so the camera doesn't show you as a bad cop."

Now that may not be right but it happens and it is just part of being on the street every day working with these a-holes.
    I can see where there would be times any reasonable officer would want to take a punch at the BG.
    It's frustration, a very powerful emotion.
    But my daughter is right, if you're going to do it, don't let the camera portray you as the bad guy.

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    But my daughter is right, if you're going to do it, don't let the camera portray you as the bad guy.

+1....Obviously their adrenaline is extremely high and this guy is a real scumbag, but they know the cameras are running. Now they are off the streets and the scumbag will more than likely sue everyone in sight.

I hope the officer that threw down the spikes is ok.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    +1....Obviously their adrenaline is extremely high and this guy is a real scumbag, but they know the cameras are running. Now they are off the streets and the scumbag will more than likely sue everyone in sight.

I hope the officer that threw down the spikes is ok.
    I couldn't tell if the spikeing officer was hit or if he fell. Regaurdless it looked like it may have been pianfull. I don't think the "spiker" (as he will called from now on) will not volantier for spike strip duty anytime soon.

Burt Gummer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Williamson County
    Sometimes people just need to have their ass kicked. This guy is a prime example of it.

Not the smoothest police work, I'll say that much.

He definitely deserved to be beaten about the head and shoulders vigorously but he was unconscious. As much as I hate to say it,because I have been in that situation and had my adrenaline blowing up my mind and body,you need to use restraint. They were wrong and they paid for it.
    I do not feel bad for the dirtbag but we have standards to uphold.:mad:

I couldn't tell if the spikeing officer was hit or if he fell. Regaurdless it looked like it may have been pianfull. I don't think the "spiker" (as he will called from now on) will not volantier for spike strip duty anytime soon.

We lost an officer a few years back laying down spikes. I will NEVER throw spikes. We have too many people trying to run towards us and swerve to avoid them. I will stay in my 5,000 pound vehicle and chase him until I run out of gas or until he wrecks out.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    they were probably very good and friendly officers, just carried a little too far.

I'd say a lot. I'm not big on trusting folks around guns if they can't show restraint.

A friend of my wife's recently had an "incident" that involved an assault arrest, and I was worried that she'd be asking to crash at my place. The first thought that went through my head at the prospect was "I don't want someone who loses her temper and hits people around my guns!"

I am not sure if he "laid down" or was unconcious when they started wailing on him....

Unconscious and probably badly injured. That didn't look good. Instant karma, the cops didn't need to add any.

Fleeing from the police constitutes 'resisting arrest' and flunks the attitude test; if you do this, you can expect to be beaten mercilessly if/when caught. I saw it happen frequently when I lived in Kalifornia.

Problem is, the cops are supposed to stop when the suspect does. That's the law.. you know, the thing we pay the police to uphold?

I never knew that the Constitution allowed for a police officer to act as a judge and jury at the side of the road an administer a beating in lieu of more conventional punishment... Guess I'll have to read it again.

And don't get me started on police in the PRK. Lots of 'em are good people, sure, but on the whole the police in that state are drunk on the excessive powers that have been given them. The "us vs them" mentality is so heavy on the police in the PRK that you can practically smell it.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    I'd say a lot. I'm not big on trusting folks around guns if they can't show restraint.

A friend of my wife's recently had an "incident" that involved an assault arrest, and I was worried that she'd be asking to crash at my place. The first thought that went through my head at the prospect was "I don't want someone who loses her temper and hits people around my guns!"

Unconscious and probably badly injured. That didn't look good. Instant karma, the cops didn't need to add any.

Problem is, the cops are supposed to stop when the suspect does. That's the law.. you know, the thing we pay the police to uphold?

I never knew that the Constitution allowed for a police officer to act as a judge and jury at the side of the road an administer a beating in lieu of more conventional punishment... Guess I'll have to read it again.

And don't get me started on police in the PRK. Lots of 'em are good people, sure, but on the whole the police in that state are drunk on the excessive powers that have been given them. The "us vs them" mentality is so heavy on the police in the PRK that you can practically smell it.

You mention in numerous posts, your disdain for California cops...is there a back story there? Not insinuating anything, just wondering if you or a family member had a bad run-in with them in the past.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Nope. In fact one of my family members is a retired CA peace officer.

I've got several friends and family who are/were police officers (my own mother was a reserve officer for years in Michigan).

The attitude shift is mostly among the younger officers in CA. The older guys and gals are still for the most part peace officers, but they're retiring out in droves now. Now you get young guys with the military-style high and tight haircuts, and many are wearing BDU-style pants that are bloused over boots.

Now... what kind of an attitude is someone like that going to have in dealing with the public? Could it be an "us vs them" attitude? A more military frame of mind where everybody wearing the badge is a good guy and everybody else is at least a probable bad guy?

The answer to the last two questions in my somewhat limited interactions with CA LEOs is yes. I had several consensual contacts during my years in CA, and these newer types do not approach you in a courteous, professional tone, no matter the reason they're talking to you.'

There's also a very widespread feeling among police in CA that they're above the law. I can't even tell you how many police I've met at the range that are unconvicted felons for violating that state's "assault weapon" ban. Police that would gladly have hauled my ass in for violating the same law. Why? Because they feel that law doesn't apply to the police (even though it does).

It's also funny when dealing with CA LEOs that pretty much everything is illegal... even if it isn't.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    The police went too far on this one. The guy just got thrown out of car. That beating could have easily killed him or paralysed him.

I'm ok with cops ruffing a guy up if the situation calls for it and they deserve it. This guy deserved it, but the situation changed.

Feel sorry for the LEO's. I don't know how i would have reacted.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I'm ok with cops ruffing a guy up if the situation calls for it and they deserve it. This guy deserved it, but the situation changed.

He may have deserved it, but it's not their (or really your) place to make that call.

Well.. unless we want to simply toss the Constitution out the window (I know; halfway there already) and maybe even simply give up on the rule of law all together and go with anarchy.

Your call on that one.

younggeezer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2009
    East Texas
    Wait a minute, he was running and he attempted to run over a police officer who is out there to protect the rest of us. i do agree they should not have beat an unconscious man, they should have waited until he was alert! He got what he deserved.

Top Bottom