• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Probably will, but you know what? The punk deserved it. I was watching that chase go on on live TV (in the L.A. area right now) yesterday, and that got nearly cost the lives of several police officers and civilians during the 45 minute chase. It was a bad call on the officers part...atleast to do it in public....he should've waited till he got to the station IMO. The punk ass deserved alot more than that.

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    That's one of the reasons that I'm not a cop.......I probably would have kicked him too. I hear the police stories all the time and think to myself, "man, those cops should beat the **** out of that guy".

GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Especially in Cali...it's another reason why we moved away...the cops are practically handcuffed...if you watch the whole chase, you'll see they had numerous opportunities to stop this guy. But they have to beware of random lawsuits and people yelling at them and job loss for doing their job. It's rediculous. I also probably would've kicked the jerk-off as well. I spent alot of my youth doing stupid crap, but I tell you what...I have alot of respect for LEO...I hope this cop doesn't end up in trouble, but I'm sure he will.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    If my kid endangered others, acted like a jerk, or damaged anyone's property I'd probably plant my foot in his a$$.

As a cop, I'd like to think you can keep your cool, give them their day in court, and not put your community in a financial bind.

In the end, two wrongs don't make a right.

GI-John

Hurry up and wait!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Houston/San Antonio TX
    In my unit they caught an iraqi planting IED's along the road. Prior to that week an IED had taken the life of a soldier & severly maimed another on that same road. When they caught him it was it was something ugly. I'll say no more.

GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    You're both (DCortez and High-Cap 1911) right ofcourse...which is why I'm not in law enforcement...can I kick him now?

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    The desire to kick him would be extreme after the chase however to do so
    makes you no better then him, my opinion.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Very easy to Monday morning quarterback when its not YOUR life on the line chasing criminals.
    I dont judge what soldiers do in a war zone because I am not there...I dont judge what prison guards do to keep order because I am not locked on the inside with hardened felons. those that haven't walked in an officer's shoes should be slow to judge.
    Cops make bad decisions too...but their career should be judged on their body of work, not what they did in the heat of battle for one second, on ONE occasion.

Byaah_19

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    DFW
    If you commit a crime you get what you deserve. If I was the criminal I would expect to get kicked, hit prodded and poked. Thats why I dont commit crimes. I dont want to get kicked and hit or go to jail. Its part of your punishment for your crime.

GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Very easy to Monday morning quarterback when its not YOUR life on the line chasing criminals.

I dont judge what soldiers do in a war zone because I am not there...I dont judge what prison guards do to keep order because I am not locked on the inside with hardened felons. those that haven't walked in an officer's shoes should be slow to judge.
    Cops make bad decisions too...but their career should be judged on their body of work, not what they did in the heat of battle for one second, on ONE occasion.​

Agreed

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    TexasCop2; I have BTDT. If we allow officers to disperse retribution on the street, then we lose the basis of our criminal justice system.

The law allows the MINIMUM amount of force necessary to make an arrest. Regardless of what he had done prior, once the suspect laid down and surrendered that was it. I have been in the heat of pursuit; had suspects put my life, other officers lives and the public lives at risk just like that suspect. I know what the adrenaline and passion can make you want to do.

On the other hand, I don't want a suspect such as this watching my approach to make contact with him. He could easily be preparing to grab a hidden weapon and is watching me to know when to best attack. He had shown NO propensity to give up yet, and I also encountered plenty of suspects "playing possum".

I saw the writing on the wall regarding media back during Rodney King.

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Self control makes the best cop that is one element that will get you through life in any profession but for a police officer it is mandatory other
    wise it would destroy his life, his family and the job, sometimes it is learned with age some have it from the beginning those who don't should be weeded out.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    TexasCop2; I have BTDT. If we allow officers to disperse retribution on the street, then we lose the basis of our criminal justice system.

The law allows the MINIMUM amount of force necessary to make an arrest. Regardless of what he had done prior, once the suspect laid down and surrendered that was it. I have been in the heat of pursuit; had suspects put my life, other officers lives and the public lives at risk just like that suspect. I know what the adrenaline and passion can make you want to do.

On the other hand, I don't want a suspect such as this watching my approach to make contact with him. He could easily be preparing to grab a hidden weapon and is watching me to know when to best attack. He had shown NO propensity to give up yet, and I also encountered plenty of suspects "playing possum".

I saw the writing on the wall regarding media back during Rodney King.

Re: My earlier post...

I was making a broad statement about judging police, not saying this guy was right or wrong. I don't know the specifics of this case, or what the suspect was saying that couldn't be heard.....or any other number of variables. Therefore, I will withhold judgement.

boycan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    North Dallas
    All police and military have my ultimate respect, and criminals get none of my respect so if they get a little roughed up so be it. Maybe they will think twice next time! Just my two cents!

Top Bottom