• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    David, thanks for the details. I am interested in setting up a trust, the right way, and I have emailed you for more details. I came to this board looking for this exact information. Thanks again.

texjames

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Texas
    A friend of mine had a trust written up, and has it in electronic form. What would prevent me from taking a copy of his trust, changing the pertinent bits (trustee, co-trustee, and beneficiary), having it notarized, and using it for myself? Possible moral issues aside, what legal issues could arise from doing such a thing?

Honestly, it looks like the lawyer who wrote it up just used a template, and put his name(s)/county in the proper places.
    Did you ever get your trust made?

Crito

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    Middle Texas
    Don't be scared of willmaker and other places. Lawyers will tell you anything so they can make money. Just FYI.

Many places on the internet for you to compare your living trust to other people. Texas is a good state for trust.

If you have common sense, do what you want. Many people have made their own Trust and nothing happens.

Don't get caught up in the hype. Just saying.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Crito, what are your qualifications for such a statement? Just curious - there was an "online" Will rejected by the courts here in SA recently - on an estate of over a million bucks.

There's lots of things I'll do myself. A legal document that could land me in expensive court cases or jail ain't one of 'em.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Don't be scared of willmaker and other places. Lawyers will tell you anything so they can make money. Just FYI.

Many places on the internet for you to compare your living trust to other people. Texas is a good state for trust.

If you have common sense, do what you want. Many people have made their own Trust and nothing happens.

Holy ressurecting a dead thread batman . . .
    Interesting post for post #1 . . . . Just sayin'

And people who hate lawyers will tell you anything . . . . . . . Just ask Wesley Snipes (who reported to Jail last week).

Crito

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    Middle Texas
    no hating here

No hate here buddy.

I am not creating fear in people. I am just letting people who google to know that a living trust is simple. Its a document. With some research, anyone can make one.

Your statement "And people who hate lawyers will tell you anything . . . . . . . Just ask Wesley Snipes (who reported to Jail last week). " is really uncalled for.

Whats next, saying my grammar sucks. Well it does. I am guilty of using bad grammar and spelling.

Look, if you want to have a pissing contest. Post your trust template, then I will post mine. Then you can prove me and everyone else wrong. All I am saying is that a living trust is a document that anyone can make with the proper research. Then again, you are going to reply with other "information" because you want to make money. Making money isn't a bad thing. If anyone wants to pay for a service, then let them do it. Its America after all.

On the other post about a court ruling:
    If your insurance says that your beneficuary is so-and-so, then the estate trust is voided.

Anyways, Have a Merry Christmas everyone!

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Nothing about insurance - the format of the Will was faulty, even though it came from one of the on-line places that crows how it's accepted in Texas. Little bit of an expensive "savings".

I don't try to do my own surgery - and I don't attempt to write binding legal documents where failure can cost me thousands to defend myself. Each are free to do as they wish - but frankly, your assertion that implies how easy it is scares me...too many folks can barely put a sentence together properly, much less a legal document.

texas1willy2

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    woodlands
    If someone wants to write a document like this (without an attorney) more power to them but, to come on here with the intention of persuading others to do the same is irresponsible.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    No hate here buddy.
    Guess I missed that in your post. You seemd like one of those people who hate laywers.

I am not creating fear in people.

Neither do I.

I am just letting people who google to know that a living trust is simple. Its a document. With some research, anyone can make one.

Actualyl you went a little beyond that.

Your statement "And people who hate lawyers will tell you anything . . . . . . . Just ask Wesley Snipes (who reported to Jail last week). " is really uncalled for.

Guess we will have to disagree on that. It was an appropriate response to your initial post.

Whats next, saying my grammar sucks. Well it does. I am guilty of using bad grammar and spelling.

Well, I could say you are dressed funny . . . but i really don't care and tht is a bit off topic.

Look, if you want to have a pissing contest.

I specialize in pissing contests and you will lose. Frankly, I find it odd that your 1st and 2nd or so posts are in this thread.

Post your trust template, then I will post mine.
    Is that like grade school or something?

On the other post about a court ruling:
    If your insurance says that your beneficuary is so-and-so, then the estate trust is voided.
    This is gibberish

Anyways, Have a Merry Christmas everyone!
    and a merry christmas to you.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Arguin' with an attorney over a legal document is kinda like tellin' a Doctor how to operate on yer appendix. Arguin' with an attorney that's a mod....well, even *I* ain't that dumb.1

1 - usually - not always. Sometimes, ya just GOT ta piss someone off....

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    So you don't hate laywers. And that isn't what you are insinuating with this statement? You just think all lawyers are lying theives who will say anything to make a buck? Seriously . . . What the heck are you saying here if you don't hate lawyers?

So how do you know this? Did you sleep at a holiday in last night? Not saying you are wrong and not saying that you can't get by . . . . but how do you know which website make the best trusts?

And this is a blanket statement. I have fixed several trusts that were done wrong and had passed atf muster for 3-4 NFA items. Then the ATF wised up and rejected them.

I agree. You shouldn't beleive your own hype. What works for you might not work for everyone else.

I might even quote an old political rap group . . Public Enemy . . ."Don't beleive the hype". That goes for myself and it reapply applies to you after reading your first post on this board.

Understand this. You come in here with your first post and SEARCHED to drag up this thread form the bottom of nowhere . . . and your first post was a bit combative and lawyer hating . . . . . but I digress.

If you didn't have an ax to grind . . . . you would have said something along the lines of . . . . hey . . . there are other options of you are comfortable doing it yourself.

But that isn't what you said is it? Nope. Now you are acting all butt hurt because a few folks called you on your post.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Arguin' with an attorney over a legal document is kinda like tellin' a Doctor how to operate on yer appendix. Arguin' with an attorney that's a mod....well, even *I* ain't that dumb.1

1 - usually - not always. Sometimes, ya just GOT ta piss someone off....

Well . . . look, I like clients who read the docs. You pay for them, you should read them and understand them.

If Crito wasn't looking for a fight his post would have been a bit different.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Sean did my trust, and after reading it ... it encompasses FAR more than the vast majority of us would think of. In the world of litigation where one typo or misdirected stipulation can nullify or void the entire document, it's nice knowing that I at least have something to fall back on besides Quicken tech support.

It's well, well worth the money to have someone professional do the trust. I'd rather spend $500 today and have peace of mind, rather than deal with the epic clusterfuck of dealing with the BATFE over a defunct trust on numerous items, or worse ... jailtime.

Outbreak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    Abilene, TX
    Sean did my trust, and after reading it ... it encompasses FAR more than the vast majority of us would think of. In the world of litigation where one typo or misdirected stipulation can nullify or void the entire document, it's nice knowing that I at least have something to fall back on besides Quicken tech support.

It's well, well worth the money to have someone professional do the trust. I'd rather spend $500 today and have peace of mind, rather than deal with the epic clusterfuck of dealing with the BATFE over a defunct trust on numerous items, or worse ... jailtime.

Sean also did mine. Can't beat the service of having a lawyer who can explain the NFA to you, AND give you advice on your NFA purchases. Great guy to work with AND chat guns with.

Crito

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    Middle Texas
    Thanks for the fun times.

Yeah, if I spent 700 bucks, I would defend my purchase too.

That is the price of a .22 cam with the tax stamp.

Like I said, post yours and I'll post mine. Then you can prove me wrong.

Until then, I guess I'll just wait for the evil big government with their flying attack dogs come after me because I made my own living will trust. ROFL.

Top Bottom