• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chewbacca7685

Certified Golf Cart Driver
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    Mission
    Sidebar, but speaking of cornhole, is cornhole a thing down here? I have seen zero cornhole paraphernalia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Sidebar, but speaking of cornhole, is cornhole a thing down here? I have seen zero cornhole paraphernalia.

It is. It's a whole obsession at least in North Texas. I'm a sign designer and at my last job half of what I did was designing custom cornhole boards.

These were the two best cornhole boards I did (in my opinion). The Jeep design also had elements on the side structure of the cornhole board (sides, front and back of the Jeep) and it shows the scoring plank design.

chevy_parts_by_murphydesign.png cornhole_boards_willys_jeep_by_murphydesign.png

Chewbacca7685

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    Mission
    It is. It's a whole obsession at least in North Texas. I'm a sign designer and at my last job half of what I did was designing custom cornhole boards.

These were the two best cornhole boards I did (in my opinion). The Jeep design also had elements on the side structure of the cornhole board (sides, front and back of the Jeep) and it shows the scoring plank design.

View attachment 370262 View attachment 370263

Wow those are some awesome board designs. One day I’d like to have some made as well. But no one down here talks about it and I haven’t seen boards anywhere.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Wow those are some awesome board designs. One day I’d like to have some made as well. But no one down here talks about it and I haven’t seen boards anywhere.

That’s because real Texans throw horse shoes, and cornhole has a totally different meaning.

Chewbacca7685

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    Mission
    That’s because real Texans throw horse shoes, and cornhole has a totally different meaning.

Ya know, when I moved to Virginia back in 05 I hadn’t heard of cornhole. Guess it didn’t make its way to Jersey at the time. I was driving around and saw a crudely made sign with hand painted lettering that said “Cornhole ——>”. I noped my way right the heck out of there lol.

TxPython357

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2022
    Spuger, TX
    Ya know, when I moved to Virginia back in 05 I hadn’t heard of cornhole. Guess it didn’t make its way to Jersey at the time. I was driving around and saw a crudely made sign with hand painted lettering that said “Cornhole ——>”. I noped my way right the heck out of there lol.

YouTube has plenty of vids on it.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    He needed it 3 primaries ago. The GOP machine keeps it from working.

At the risk of saying "I told you so" yet again, this is another reason that Texas Republicans that vote for these Dems-in-disguise are the stupidest Republicans of all. A freshman Dem like Hegar do a lot less damage than a senior RINO....

It's a pretty big thing in Central and East Texas as well. You can find a lot of custom-made cornhole boards on sale in the swap-&-shop pages for this area....

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    At the risk of saying "I told you so" yet again, this is another reason that Texas Republicans that vote for these Dems-in-disguise are the stupidest Republicans of all. A freshman Dem like Hegar do a lot less damage than a senior RINO....
    We'll have to agree to strongly disagree on that point. That defies all common sense and real world experience.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    He’s always quick to introduce this when he knows it won’t pass. But hell support gun control when he thinks it will.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County

At the risk of repeating myself again, you keep saying that but I still don't understand how a loyal, reliable Dem vote in the Senate is somehow better than an somewhat unreliable Republican vote that is prone to grandstanding. Hegar would have voted with the Dems 100% of the time on every vote. Cornyn still mostly votes the right way except when he thinks we won't notice.

Your logic is severely flawed.

[edited to fix a typo]

Last edited:

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    At the risk of repeating myself again, you keep saying that but I still don't understand how a loyal, reliable Dem vote in the Senate is somehow better than an somewhat unreliable Republican vote that is prone to grandstanding. Hegar would have voted with the Dems 100% of the time on every vote. Cornyn still mostly votes the right way except when he thinks we won't notice.

Your logic is severely flawed.

[edited to fix a typo]

His record since the last Senate election doesn't show that....raises a red flag, in fact.....

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom