Coronavirus Epidemic, Part 2

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Admin
Nov 22, 2011
Spring
There has previously been a general coronavirus/covid/wuflu/etc. thread on this board. It may be found here.

That thread devolved into insults and snark so voluminous that all the good information and insight in the thread was being buried.

That thread is now closed, replaced by this thread. Please continue the rational discussion of the coronavirus here, including the disease as well as related topics such as balancing economic damage with the danger of the disease, etc.

Do not, however, use this thread for ad hominem attacks, off-topic ranting or other tangents that don't help us all understand the disease, how to deal with it, etc.

NOTE:

Moderation on TGT is very loose. We trust everyone to be adults and that generally works out for the best.

Where CV is concerned, that didn't happen. There was way too much noise drowning out the signal. In the old thread, there was simply too much pollution to go back and clean up. Therefore, for this thread, you may expect that I will moderate like a complete a$$hole. I won't explain myself. I'll just delete, without explanation, any post I deem unhelpful. If you make me delete too many of your posts, you'll get a 1-week timeout. Or more.

Please, folks.

Share your knowledge without getting sidetracked by personalities, including your own.

There's a great deal of wisdom in our membership and I look forward to reading more of it.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
Sep 27, 2017
Boerne
Thanks for providing a second chance opportunity, Ben.

Unfortunately, I think the topic as a whole is much like any other rapidly evolving, living through change topic or event when hindsight is not available...it becomes Rule 11, which exists because self-interest exists. The best self-interest results in everything not in my best interest is wrong and should be mocked, ridiculed, or discarded as it has no value.

For this topic, the phenomenon is not unique to our little patch of the internet, and not confined to any particular political, cultural, societal, or educational background.

Davetex

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Mar 27, 2010
Pflugerville
When wearing masks, is anyone sterilizing them when returning home, and how? I made a sterilizer out of a UV-C light designed for aquariums, and mounted it inside of a new tackle box.
Total cost less than $22
That sounds like a very good solution to me.
I've just been spraying freaking everything with 70% alcohol several times a day. But I work around a very large number of people. A 2 liter pump sprayer works great for that. We have access to 96 % alcohol by the gallon at work and we dilute it down with DI water.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Admin
Nov 22, 2011
Spring
When wearing masks, is anyone sterilizing them when returning home, and how? I made a sterilizer out of a UV-C light designed for aquariums, and mounted it inside of a new tackle box.
Total cost less than $22
I have a UV sterilizer for my CPAP. It's easy enough to throw masks, my phone, etc. in there.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
Sep 29, 2009
Pearland, TX
Total cost less than $22
Lol you think most people are thinking that far ahead? I'm sure that 90% of the people pushing masks have blind faith that a homemade cloth mask will completely protect them and that's all they have to do because that's what their benevolent rulers told them to do. We're lucky this is nowhere near as bad as "authorities" were originally saying it would be.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
Aug 9, 2013
south of killeen
Lol but cool. I'll play nice.
Challenge to play nice accepted.
Cabin fever........

Time to go to the range........
Range time. That would do us ALL a lot of good I think.
Or fishn. Either would probably help my attitude.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom