• ...and so much more!
  • jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    You wore a mask everywhere you went during flu season? There’s a lot more to that as well. Half capacity restaraunts, school, participating in their extracurricular activities etc. It’s too much of an overreach.
    I don't even own a mask.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    And a good one, too. Personally, if I were alone in the world I would be doing the absolute minimum, right now. I'd be as close to back to normal as possible.

However, I'm not alone. I have to employ criteria that are not entirely rational (to me, at least) in order to maintain harmony at home. IOW, I will act like the wu-flu doesn't exist to the maximum extent possible without causing undue stress on my relationship with my sister. I'm helping her see that the time for that is sooner rather than later but she's not yet fully on board.

I can't really blame her. I've seen her with a chunk blown out of the top of her head after her heart rhythms had to be shocked back to a semblance of normality. I've seen her carried out of my house, gasping for breath like a fish out of water. I've sat by her bedside while she was comatose and listened to a doctor explain to me the need to get a family consensus about removing life support.

Hell, I've stared right into her face as her heart stopped.

All of those examples were different bouts of illness spread over the last 20 years.

If my sister is a little gun-shy about returning to normality, I'm going to cut her all the slack she requests for as long as she wants it.

tl;dr - My end game is to return to normal when my sister is also comfortable doing so. It's the least I can do for the woman who looked over and protected me for the first 40 years of my life.
    Somewhat extraordinary circumstances and understandable.
    Radio said, " overall deaths for 2020 in the USA are less than at this time last year".

Let's see......
    Tell me ain't so!!
    If they list the numbers of those that died with covid and the major comorbidities vs the major comorbidities and no covid, I bet the non covid deaths took a nose dive this year. The flu as well.

MacZC7

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2020
    Texas
    Tell me ain't so!!
    If they list the numbers of those that died with covid and the major comorbidities vs the major comorbidities and no covid, I bet the non covid deaths took a nose dive this year. The flu as well.

They had to use some other deaths to make something out of basically nothing. That’s the art of lying. We see the left do it all the time.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I suspect those numbers exist and I'm on the lookout for them. I would find them to be highly useful educational tools.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    Looks like I probably have covid and probably got it from my brother. My brother came by the house last week, I woke up with a cough Tuesday morning and my brother texted me Wednesday evening that he had tested positive. I went to the ER this morning and got tested and should get the results within 72 hours.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Looks like I probably have covid and probably got it from my brother. My brother came by the house last week, I woke up with a cough Tuesday morning and my brother texted me Wed. evening that he had tested positive. I went to the ER this morning and got tested and should get the results within 72 hours.
    If you do, get treatment ASAP. That seems to be the ticket for minimizing the effects and duration using POTUS as a prime example. But, this is Thursday seems strange it'd take near a week to let its presence be known. But I'm no doctor, I didn't play one on TV and I did not stay at the Holiday Inn last night.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    If you do, get treatment ASAP. That seems to be the ticket for minimizing the effects and duration using POTUS as a prime example. But, this is Thursday seems strange it'd take near a week to let its presence be known. But I'm no doctor, I didn't play one on TV and I did not stay at the Holiday Inn last night.
    They told me to return if I got short of breath or if my oxygen levels dropped to 90 or 91% (98% today). I'm going to get a pulse oximeter today and I hope to get some Ivermectin from a friend.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    I do think that the only way there will be a return to some normalcy of what we think that is normal, is Trump winning by a landslide in the election. If there is a narrow margin, I suspect even the "new normal" of currently, is even going to change drastically.
    I think that if we are to get back CLOSE to pre-Covid state, WE are going to have to say ENOUGH and move on. They continue to reach deep to stoke fear, yet almost all the indicators are down. Our "leaders" have no vision for the exit (or they WANT to prolong it). It's killing businesses every day and I am sick of it.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    And a good one, too. Personally, if I were alone in the world I would be doing the absolute minimum, right now. I'd be as close to back to normal as possible.

However, I'm not alone. I have to employ criteria that are not entirely rational (to me, at least) in order to maintain harmony at home. IOW, I will act like the wu-flu doesn't exist to the maximum extent possible without causing undue stress on my relationship with my sister. I'm helping her see that the time for that is sooner rather than later but she's not yet fully on board.

I can't really blame her. I've seen her with a chunk blown out of the top of her head after her heart rhythms had to be shocked back to a semblance of normality. I've seen her carried out of my house, gasping for breath like a fish out of water. I've sat by her bedside while she was comatose and listened to a doctor explain to me the need to get a family consensus about removing life support.

Hell, I've stared right into her face as her heart stopped.

All of those examples were different bouts of illness spread over the last 20 years.

If my sister is a little gun-shy about returning to normality, I'm going to cut her all the slack she requests for as long as she wants it.

tl;dr - My end game is to return to normal when my sister is also comfortable doing so. It's the least I can do for the woman who looked over and protected me for the first 40 years of my life.

Damn Ben. Most of us had no idea of your situation. It takes one hell of a man to do what your doing and going through. My prayers are with you and your sister.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I think that if we are to get back CLOSE to pre-Covid state, ...
    How close is close enough? I suspect that mask-wearing is now sufficiently de-stigmatized that we'll be like parts of Asia where anyone who feels a cold coming on will be expected to voluntarily wear one.

If that comes to pass, it'll be interesting to see what happens when that attitude crashes headlong into all the local anti-mask ordinances around the country.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I suspect that mask-wearing is now sufficiently de-stigmatized that we'll be like parts of Asia where anyone who feels a cold coming on will be expected to voluntarily wear one.
    That is reasonable. These tiny dick taters fining businesses unless they require all their customers wear a mask needs to stop, tho...

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    I saw my brother last Friday evening. He says at that time he just had a stuffy nose and didn't feel sick until Tuesday. My cough started Tuesday.

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    1602194887739.png

Top Bottom