• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    what is the efficacy of other vaccines such as for measles, and other childhood diseases? One rona vaccine is claiming 90%.

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    1605559095694.png

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    "ICU capacity" is extremely liquid, there are usually many beds that can magically become "ICU beds" if they need them. ICU bed capacity is a terrible gauge of how bad covid is.
    The problem with that is staffing. Our hospital rooms are identical. Our ICU is behind double doors but the rooms are set up the same. So yes, any room can be an ICU room but we don't have the qualified staff to run all the rooms as intensive care. Also, staff in those environments are not use to donning full PPE. Yeah, they get the occasional isolating patient but they don't do it everyday and they are not the best at it.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Traveling out of state. Went into the hotel, no mask. The poor little man behind the counter did not say anything, but he was terrified and did not even want to get near my drivers license or credit card. Stood as far back as he could, back against the wall.

How sad that the liberals/media have driven the hysteria to this point.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    The problem with that is staffing. Our hospital rooms are identical. Our ICU is behind double doors but the rooms are set up the same. So yes, any room can be an ICU room but we don't have the qualified staff to run all the rooms as intensive care. Also, staff in those environments are not use to donning full PPE. Yeah, they get the occasional isolating patient but they don't do it everyday and they are not the best at it.
    Sounds more like a training issue than a good reason.....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    Sounds more like a training issue than a good reason.....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Not sure if you mean the ICU training or sterile technique. ICU training is not something that you learn in a couple days. And not everyone is cut out for it. If you don't work in ICU they are not going to spend the time and resources to train you to be an ICU nurse. It's a perishable skill. If you don't use it you lose it. Sterile techniques are something everyone learns in school but if you're not in an area where you use it everyday you are not good at it. Same thing, it's a perishable skill. I work in a specialized procedure area. We gown and glove every procedure. I'm good at what I do and I can run a code in my sleep. But I haven't worked in ICU in 20 years. If I had to work in the unit or on a telemetry floor I'd be a cluster f. Different world's

ETA. There is already a shortage of rn's. On the floor the rn takes on 5+ patients. Depending on the acuity, the unit rn will only have 1-3 patients.

Last edited:

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Read about the development of polio vaccine. Didn't 'kill' all the virus and many kids died. malaria is a LIVING organism, virus is NOT by definition is a RNA like molecule.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Read about the development of polio vaccine. Didn't 'kill' all the virus and many kids died. malaria is a LIVING organism, virus is NOT by definition is a RNA like molecule.

Actually an interesting question (for another thread probably). What is alive? A virus has protein and nucleic acid of some sort that hijacks the cellular machinery of other cells to reproduce. There are viroids which are nucleic acid and no proteins (though I couldn’t tell you of any diseases caused by them off the top of my head,) and prions are infectious proteins that have no nucleic acid (scrappy, mad cow, chronic wasting disease, Kuru, and Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease.).

Depending on your definition of alive, viruses may not be alive as they cannot reproduce without other organisms.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    How many is many? Ten died from Sabin vaccine but 40,000 cases of polio developed. I had Salk vaccine as a kid. Wife just had to get all of her baby shots again, Salk polio was one of them. Probably 99% of this forum got the little sugar cube Sabin vaccine.
    Definitely new vaccines are questionable to me. Messenger RNA vaccine. What if a fly gene gets in the vaccine, will we be making fly parts? Is this going to be a new "The Fly" movie? You go first and then we can see what happens.
    And for all of the naysayers about this disease, for El Paso......
    Mortuary.png

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I'm sure I'll be called a conspiracy theorist, but is it a conspiracy theory if it's talked about out in the open by elitists?

I know that Churchill coined the phrase "Never let a crises go to waste", but it certainly has been heard a lot lately.

Whenever I hear things like "The new normal", "Is it asking a lot if it can save a life?", "It's in the interest for all" "The great reset" and so on, I cringe.

I read a lot of dystopian novels when I was younger, and certainly it was easier to say "it could never happen here", for I live in America, home of the free. Those gringeworthy phrases sound very familiar.

Those novels never started out telling people they were to become slaves and they all just went along with it. No, they acted on the fears, a crises and the totalitarian edicts was for the betterment of society.

I ask myself, "how convenient that this virus comes out, and now it's openly talked about things like "redistribution of wealth" and "the great reset". The media doesn't call those elites that talk about these things conspiracy theorists, only those that point it out. Strange.

If that's not enough to make you think something is fishy about this virus, ask yourself this: Why are governors now using the same edicts that were used when people were dying in great numbers with no known amount of people infected, for amounts of those infected with no where near the amount of deaths?

Small businesses were once called the backbone of America, so I guess soon we can be called spineless.

Make no mistake, just because more people are buying guns doesn't mean they can't come for them. Many of those new gun owners will be the first to give them up.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom