• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Mom, 86 and in a nursing home, had Covid earlier this month. 10 days in quarantine and a negative test and she's doing fine. She never even felt bad.
    Now the nursing center and state want her to be vaccinated. Why? Doesn't she now have antibodies?
    I'm thinking it's all about money and control.
    Gun Zone Deals

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Mom, 86 and in a nursing home, had Covid earlier this month. 10 days in quarantine and a negative test and she's doing fine. She never even felt bad.
    Now the nursing center and state want her to be vaccinated. Why? Doesn't she now have antibodies?

Glad to hear she's ok.

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    My MIL is 80, in good health, and lives in a retirement village. She got the 1st round of the Moderna vaccine this morning. Her 86 yr old neighbor died of COVID last week & another lady across the hall is in quarantine and so far negative (not related to the death but her daughter has COVID now).

We’ll see how this all unfolds.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    That is good news. Found out Christmas day that my sister had it. Bad heart and asthmatic but she is doing ok so far. The asthma meds help her a lot.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Helps you get over lots of different respiratory infections, too.
    I had something this last fall that is seriously messing with my lungs. If I get the machine to use it, she offered to share some albuterol with me. She said Amazon has some good ones for about $30 and the doctor gives her as much as she needs.
    I'm thinking of taking her up on the offer.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

The nursing home is following CDC guidelines (which is a good thing, actually) by offering the vaccine.

COVID-19 vaccination should be offered to you regardless of whether you already had COVID-19 infection. You should not be required to have an antibody test before you are vaccinated.

However, anyone currently infected with COVID-19 should wait to get vaccinated until after their illness has resolved and after they have met the criteria to discontinue isolation.

Additionally, current evidence suggests that reinfection with the virus that causes COVID-19 is uncommon in the 90 days after initial infection. Therefore, people with a recent infection may delay vaccination until the end of that 90-day period if desired.

Lots of soft language there...I’ve asked this question of a few people with the knowledge and experience whom I trust and the general responses have been mild cases may not trigger a strong immune response. The other thing to keep in mind is we just don’t have the time under the belt to know how long immunity (either natural or vaccinated) will last. Could end up being like flu or tetanus with recurring ‘boosters’ needed.

One interesting thing that keeps cropping up is that there seems to be certain traits more susceptible to worse disease outcomes than others...not just the co-morbidities, but genetic makeup is thought to be a player...just not much research has been focused on that yet. Probably won’t be looked at closely for a while. They’ve also mentioned there’s a subset of mild cases that, a few months later, erupt into cardiomyopathy and other cardiac complications. Not a good thing and the vax ain’t gonna help if you’ve already had it.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    They’ve also mentioned there’s a subset of mild cases that, a few months later, erupt into cardiomyopathy and other cardiac complications.
    When I was in the hospital in October they did a series of cardiac enzymes which fortunately were normal and my Cardiologist has me scheduled for an Echo-cardiogram on Feb 1. Fingers crossed.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    This is all in Phoenix.

Well most of my family in AZ got it. Dad step mom and sister never even got a fever. Sister was sick for a couple hours. Their complaints are just fatigue. They are on day ten. Dad is 80 and still did his treadmill every day thru it.
    They got it at church as most of the regular leadership got it. They are on day 10 or so. Church will resume a week from sunday.

My mom, the nutcase she is...god forgive me, just tested positive. She is in an assisted living facility that's mixed with independent living. They locked it down and everyone tested negative but they let the independent living people go out of town for Thanksgiving and Christmas and they share parts of a building elevators cafe and store/market. So someone got it and brought it back and now there is a huge outbreak. They think it's the super contagious version. But remember just because it's super contagious doesn't mean it more severe or dangerous as there is no difference in hospitalization or deaths from thus version and the vaccine still works for it. Infact they said people seem to be getting not as symptomatic from this version. For what that's worth.

Mom is 71 in a week.

All anecdotal but the virus seems to be attenuating.

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    1609444294268.png

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    They think it's the super contagious version. But remember just because it's super contagious doesn't mean it more severe or dangerous as there is no difference in hospitalization or deaths from thus version and the vaccine still works for it. Infact they said people seem to be getting not as symptomatic from this version. For what that's worth.

I read yesterday where the chance of getting the "normal" version when exposed was just under 10% and the "super contagious" was around 15%. I think it was some CDC article but I'm too lazy to find it again.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    In times gone by, the CDC was almost a hallowed institution that has morphed into yet another 'leftist' crap hole of lies and confusion.

Whatever bs they put out should be viewed as political nonsense as the left hand doesn't know what the other 'left' hand is doing...I ignore their bleating bs...

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    In times gone by, the CDC was almost a hallowed institution that has morphed into yet another 'leftist' crap hole of lies and confusion.

Whatever bs they put out should be viewed as political nonsense as the left hand doesn't know what the other 'left' hand is doing...I ignore their bleating bs...

Depends on the mission. For this one, CDC was the proverbial square peg.

Top Bottom