• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    But people aren't dying at the same rates nor are they hitting ICU or ventilators at the same rates.. That was the original goal. Keep deaths and sick from over running hospitals.

Just like in europe it seems to be losing its intensity. For what ever reason.

Regardless, we have to build the type of immunity that kills this sort of thing. Thru vaccine or transmission it doesn't matter. If this is petering out without killing at the same rate then stop pussyfooting around. PROTECT the vulnerable and unlease the rest of the population.

The more healthy young people pass this A symptomatic strain around the bigger fire break and it will collapse.

The antibody testing is showing 10 times the infection rate of positive tests. That means 90 percent of the people didnt even know they were sick.

If I had to guess I would say that's why its losing its steam severity wise.

We have gone from having one or two positives day to a dozens in a couple weeks. I suspect the death rate is lagging, not fizzling out. We will see. But this disease isn’t some illusion to extort Americans of their freedom.

Frankly, the antibody test are the least specific of all our testing, and I am not sure if I believe any of these “studies” that suggest that COVID was here before.
    Hurley's Gold

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Y’all are acting like we don’t have a ton more COVID now than we did a few weeks ago.

Trust me. We do.

I don’t doubt more people have gotten the virus. That’s kind of the the way things work. The entire medical community seems to have forgotten that humans have a 100% mortality rate.

And that medical errors and abortions kill more people than COVID has and will.

...But this disease isn’t some illusion to extort Americans of their freedom...
    You’re correct; it’s politicians doing that based on the medical and public health advice provided to them.

I can see where the concept of mass issuing “doctor’s orders” doesn’t seem outrageous to most people. The problem is, the precedent has been set in Texas so that due process only matters when those in power decide it matters. By April 15th, there was no reason why cities, counties, and the state could not have made public policy decisions using normal open and deliberative processes and procedures.

It is my singular goal to prevent this kind of abuse of power from ever happening again.

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    Well last night we finally got confirmation that my BIL & his wife have it. She’s sick, he’s not. She tested neg - he tested pos ? This will be interesting to see how this all shakes out.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Well last night we finally got confirmation that my BIL & his wife have it. She’s sick, he’s not. She tested neg - he tested pos ? This will be interesting to see how this all shakes out.
    Got a couple family members in the same boat. Two who got sick were tested. One +, one -, both feel like they have a minor sinus cold (and are now suspicious of the "test" results). Never would have thought anything of it were this not the Twilight Zone 2020.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Y’all are acting like we don’t have a ton more COVID now than we did a few weeks ago.

Trust me. We do.
    The more tests, the more cases.

So what? The mortality rate for the virus is no worse than the flu. Why are some people acting like this is the black plague.

We will probably find out that many millions more have already had the virus and never knew it.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    With the spike from the rioters, almost 5 weeks ago, shouldn’t we have bodies piling up by now??? We don’t, because it’s a sham. I’m with ya oldag, my dad, stepmom, daughter, wife and I were sicker than we can ever remember, took 3-4 weeks to get rid of, and 3 different doctors had no idea what it was.

Only problem with that the Pro's tell us Its ok to Riot with no mask and no social distancing as that does not spread it.

It must be something conservatives do to spread it. Its one smart virus.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I could have started a new thread, but thought I'd just place this here.
    Advertising a rodeo in August here in Conroe.

20200706_133038.jpg

Attachments

• 20200706_133038.jpg
      20200706_133038.jpg
      641 KB · Views: 384

digger

Curmudgeon
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    West Texas
    I was told not to get tested for antibodies because of the insurance companies were using it against some part of their coverage??!! No one has remembered the details so I question there being a problem. Wife and I think we both had the virus late last year when she was tested negative for flu. Took 2-3 weeks recovery and was all respiratory. I just want to know if I have any antibodies.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I was told not to get tested for antibodies because of the insurance companies were using it against some part of their coverage??!! No one has remembered the details so I question there being a problem. Wife and I think we both had the virus late last year when she was tested negative for flu. Took 2-3 weeks recovery and was all respiratory. I just want to know if I have any antibodies.

A life insurance company could use that information to influence whether or not to issue a policy and what set of rates to use if you’re looking for new coverage.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Check a calendar and think about the large number of people traveling between the US and China.

I strongly suspect it was here last fall.
    I do too. Working in Boston last year and seeing the number of folks on my project sites that got sick en masse and tested negative for flu, strep, etc makes one wonder

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Yep, my girls got seriously ill in Dec and Jan. Tested negative for everything twice. Took about 3 weeks for one and 2 weeks for the other.

Antibody testing is soon. They are both adults but on our insc so I'm going to have to get creative to get them to the doc.

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    I’m sorry, I have a condition that causes my testicles to uncontrollably itch when my face is covered. Think chiggers. I absolutely can not stop myself from scratching them. Not through the pants either.
    Full on reach up the leg of my shorts and nails on nuts incessant scratching.
    I am sure you really do not want me handling produce in between vigorously clawing the skin off of my balls due to your mask policy.
    I couldn't bring myself to hit the like button. LOL!

Top Bottom