Join TexasGunTalk

Coronavirus Epidemic, Part 2

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by benenglish, May 3, 2020.

1. toddnjoyce

toddnjoyce TGT Addict

Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    If they were a dumbass to begin with, then why let them advise you on your health?

If they weren’t a dumbass, then what is it about them wearing a mask that makes them a dumbass?

I haven’t and won’t wear one, but that’s because I’m not at risk, and no one I know or come in contact with is at risk.

If my mother was still alive and living with us, I’d take extra precautions for her sake because she’d be 86 this year on her health wouldn’t be that great.

sidebite252, TX OMFS and Axxe55 like this.
  2. Army 1911

Army 1911 TGT Addict

Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    My breakfast group hasn't been meeting cause McDonald's won't open their dinning room. So some of us having our Mickey Ds on the patio of Snuffers.

We're old grouchy and won't live in fear or by stupid rules.

3. Coop45

Coop45 Well-Known

Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    They keep feeding the fear. This is not the end of the world. Wash your hands. Enjoy being alive. A mask doesn't not say, we are in this together. It says stay away from me, I'm afraid of you. I expect more from them.

4. TheDan

TheDan 4th Best Member TGT Supporter

Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    You get your McDonald's through the drive through and then eat it at another restaurant? Why not patronize the restaurant that's open?

Texasgordo likes this.
  5. Big Green

Big Green I Eat Crayons. YUT! TGT Supporter

Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
  6. TX OMFS

TX OMFS TGT Addict Forum Sponsor

Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    If you're referring to doctors requiring masks in their office, it's because the state medical board made it a rule. If a doctor does not require a mask they can lose their license.

seeker_two and toddnjoyce like this.
  7. Hoji

Hoji Bowling-Pin Commando

May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
  8. Army 1911

Army 1911 TGT Addict

Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    Cause the other restaurant doesn't serve breakfast.

seeker_two likes this.
  9. sidebite252

sidebite252 Well-Known

Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    I think the fact we had to teach Americans how to wash their hands is pretty telling of our country as a whole. Sad actually. My wife and I have been amused by many of the “new” cleanliness standards for many eating establishments. I’ve only eaten 1 meal in the last 3 months that wasn’t prepared by us at home. As far as I’m concerned the extra cleaning steps being taken by the food service industry are what they should have been doing all along.

As far as a mask I haven’t worn one yet but probably will soon if need be so I can increase my interaction with mom. My mother is 79 and that’s a game changer since she lives on her own alone. Myself, sister and nieces play a big role in her life. It’s been tough being “social distant” from her but we’ve stayed close while staying distant. My MIL is 80 and lives in a retirement village. We take her groceries & supplies since they locked down that facility a few months back. Extra precautions are taken to keep both of them safe. I’ve ruined more than one shirt with bleach water but not a big deal when you shop at goodwill.

Mine and my wife’s exposure to the public has been minimal just based on where we live and how we live. Social distancing is easy when you’re an introvert & unsociable bastard as myself.

I did expose a few striper on Texoma yesterday but they didn’t seem to mind.

On a side note I’ve done a complete inventory of ammo & such. It’s funny, the wife used to ask “do we need to keep that much ammo?” has now changed to “do we need to get any more ammo?”

Perspective is everything...........

seeker_two and toddnjoyce like this.
  10. TX OMFS

TX OMFS TGT Addict Forum Sponsor

Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    Wow. Just wow.

I don't despise people who wear a mask. I try to be neutral about it. Let people do what they want. This kind of demagoguery is crazy. I only get mad when the government tells me I have to wear a mask under threat of a made-up law.