• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    I of course can't speak for y'all's hospital but that should not be the case if things go down that road. If a pt has a procedure in ours then family is allowed to stay. Definitely allowed to stay if things are terminal. Hope it does not go down that path for your mother.
    Stay??? They would not even let me in the door. Couple of weeks before that I had EMS transport her to the hospital. We were outside in the ambulance 20 or so minutes before they would even allow her into the emergency waiting room.
    Military Camp

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    Yes this is true. My Mom is 93... wait until you have to put'em in the hospital and all you can do is wave as the hospital swallows them up - which I had to do last week. I know this much. They're going to have to hog tie or figure out some way to keep me outta that hospital if ever comes the time I think her illness is terminal and she won't be coming out. May spend the rest of my life in prison but I've already made the promise to myself - she ain't dying alone/without family - ain't going to happen.

Brother we went through that in July. Mom is 78 and without all details she spent 2 weeks in one hospital (most of that in ICU) and then 2 weeks in rehab (another faculty) and the only time I saw her in that 4 weeks was when they transferred her from the hospital to the rehab in an ambulance. The EMT’s stopped and let us say hi and give our love to her. At least we got to see her and smile. Yes this is some weird shit and we are taking most every precaution we can because we now are her caregivers. I respect the no admittance policy in the hospitals. I even had to get special permission just to go with her today to the oncologist. It was a good day but still a pain in the ass. We’ve got a long haul in front of us. One day at a time.

I understand why the isolation but like you, my sister and I refuse to allow her to be alone forever and felt the same if it had gotten terminal that’s a game changer for sure. We have to find that line or point and each situation will be different but I’m a firm believer isolation can cause major issues as well.

Good luck with your mom. I hope she’s getting better.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Brother we went through that in July. Mom is 78 and without all details she spent 2 weeks in one hospital (most of that in ICU) and then 2 weeks in rehab (another faculty) and the only time I saw her in that 4 weeks was when they transferred her from the hospital to the rehab in an ambulance. The EMT’s stopped and let us say hi and give our love to her. At least we got to see her and smile. Yes this is some weird shit and we are taking most every precaution we can because we now are her caregivers. I respect the no admittance policy in the hospitals. I even had to get special permission just to go with her today to the oncologist. It was a good day but still a pain in the ass. We’ve got a long haul in front of us. One day at a time.

I understand why the isolation but like you, my sister and I refuse to allow her to be alone forever and felt the same if it had gotten terminal that’s a game changer for sure. We have to find that line or point and each situation will be different but I’m a firm believer isolation can cause major issues as well.

Good luck with your mom. I hope she’s getting better.
    Thank you for your kind words. I had forgotten the trips to the doctor. This one has two waiting rooms. Patient and anyone with them wait in one room until there’s room in the other in which only the patient is allowed.

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    1597366167960.png

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    Stay??? They would not even let me in the door. Couple of weeks before that I had EMS transport her to the hospital. We were outside in the ambulance 20 or so minutes before they would even allow her into the emergency waiting room.
    I get it's a shitty time for patients and their families during this crap. I would feel the same way if it was my mom in the hospital. Those decisions are above my pay grade. I was just saying if it got to that point with your mother they should let you stay with her. At least that is our policy.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    I’ve been sending Abbott messages just about every day asking him to open the state and end the mask nonsense. I doubt anyone reads it, but it only takes a few seconds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I put my messages to Abbott on his two FB pages. That way, the messages are public and can't be deleted. He has staffers that monitor his social media just like they monitor emails and phone calls.

If you read his FB pages lately, you'll definitely see that support for his banana-republic dictatorship is waning into nonexistence....

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Anyone believe that Florida is the only state "cooking the books"???
    Not me. I still maintain that they will NEVER be able to get tot the true figures on this thing. The fraud and fakery are too widespread. But I DO hope that there is a day of reckoning, soon, for all those who pumped this hoax.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Economically which = military when it comes to spending. Trump has bitched slapped china more then Russia. My guess those in power in China have more of a grudge with Trump. They know if they can swing the election the devilcraps will give them what they want once they get paid

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    That's an interesting concept....

ETA: Damn, I thought I was replying directly to baboons comment about DNA.
    Ninja'd by a mile.

MacZC7

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2020
    Texas
    Anyone believe that Florida is the only state "cooking the books"???
    Not me. I still maintain that they will NEVER be able to get tot the true figures on this thing. The fraud and fakery are too widespread. But I DO hope that there is a day of reckoning, soon, for all those who pumped this hoax.

This has been going on everywhere. It’s the flu, treat it like the flu and stop freaking out about it. People keep acting like it’s a huge crisis and just as we’ve been discussing on this forum, even with numbers that we know are inflated it is not that deadly. I stopped looking at USA numbers and look at individual states because with NY and NJ the numbers are grossly skewed. What are the numbers in Texas now? Still a .03% death rate...we are still under the annual deaths from influenza which was over 10,000 per flu season in Texas the last two seasons before covid and those are numbers WITH an available vaccine. I don’t recall closing anything down or wearing masks...

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom