• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    And building off of this comment, it's also impossible to put a number on how many people have had it but were never tested which could be quite large. Lot's of stories about people who believe they've had it, test positive for antibodies but never showed symptoms (asymptomatic). To further muddy the waters the number of people who actually died of COVID verses those that died of other causes who happened to have covid at the same time is not available as it isn't tracked that way. There is so much garbage in the reporting of covid positive cases (multiple reportings of the same individual etc.) that the numbers we do have are not really credible. So, using population was a simplifying assumption which I tried to anchor the analysis to SOMETHING. The deaths numbers are suspect for the reasons previously stated but I thought using the TOTAL deaths was a simplifying assumption as well. Realizing that the year isn't over yet the .04% is a bit underreporting the actual, but considering the problems in all the other data sets, I don't believe it's crazy.

Using the number of the population is somewhat of a stable number, but it leads to a false and misleading outcome of the numbers. In simple terms, it is not an accurate indicator in the least possible way.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    I am sure you believe you understand what you think I said but I am not sure you realize that what you heard wasn't what I meant!

roadkill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Was I only the one to come away with his vaccine comment to mean that until we have a vaccine we will not open back up 100%? He didn’t say it but it sure sounded that way.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    If you're trying to determine the percentage of covid deaths relative to the population - you use population numbers. If you're trying to determine the percentage of covid deaths vs the number of covid cases - yeah well... good luck with that futile exercise. Even the CD's/population it so skewed it makes picking the winning lottery number seem easy.
    That's why I asked what was the poster trying to prove. CV deaths have a low number .05% of the population. So what? There are only two figures that count, the mortality rate and the infection rate. Rabies has a mortality rate of almost 100%. I would imagine the infection rate if untreated is almost 100% too. Thankfully we have treatment. With CV, I want to know what are my chances of dying and what are my chances of getting it in a chance encounter. Regular measles has one of the highest infection rates and a mortality rate of less than 1%. Fortunately most of us have had the vaccine for measles although I had the disease as a kid (pre vaccine) and was in the hospital for a week. I almost died. What we all want to know is how easily we can get CV (apparently it is easily acquired) and if we get it what chances we have of dying. The ratio of CV deaths to the state population means nothing. At the beginning of a pandemic that could be low and at the end of a pandemic that number could be high. The day the first person in Texas died of CV that was 1 X 100/29,000,000 which of course is a meaningless figure. We all know that "statistics" can prove anything.

MacZC7

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2020
    Texas
    A true mortality rate is difficult due to the data.
    1. The number of deaths is GREATLY exaggerated.
    2. The number of infections is unknown, because so many people have no ill effects and are never tested.

The best estimate is probably the cruise ship. No one allowed on, no allowed off. Everyone exposed. 3600 people, 7 deaths. 0.19%, on par with the flu even though treatment really had not been well developed at that time.
    Half a year later and we’re still all speculating...even the “scientists”. How the hell are they fast tracking an effective and safe vaccine for a virus that we still know so little about? Or do they know something we don’t and are just withholding that precious knowledge bomb until after the election?

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    1600468749297.png

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    So, the wife showed me the latest "conspiracy theory" on FB this morning. It's this:

* If you go to Google and type "nnn new cases" using any three-digit number. It will always come up with a number of stories matching that number exactly. Interestingly, for me, it came up with local stories....Texas cities and such.
    * Snopes (don't trust) says it is "False". And claims that with the numbers we are seeing, it is no mystery that we have "hit" every three digit number already. Now, I believe this may be truth, but...
    * If you go to Bing and try the same, you do not get the same results. It comes up with more stories on the "three digit consipiracy". Try it with your own favorite non-Google engine.

Summary: I think Google is cooking the results. Change my mind.

MacZC7

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2020
    Texas
    So, the wife showed me the latest "conspiracy theory" on FB this morning. It's this:

* If you go to Google and type "nnn new cases" using any three-digit number. It will always come up with a number of stories matching that number exactly. Interestingly, for me, it came up with local stories....Texas cities and such.
    * Snopes (don't trust) says it is "False". And claims that with the numbers we are seeing, it is no mystery that we have "hit" every three digit number already. Now, I believe this may be truth, but...
    * If you go to Bing and try the same, you do not get the same results. It comes up with more stories on the "three digit consipiracy". Try it with your own favorite non-Google engine.

This is old news. You can go as high as a six digit and it still works. Hmmm

Dinoble1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2016
    Southeast FL

Read this book a few years ago. A couple of interesting chapters about google and their A I searches. It’s what they want you to see.
    All about control.

Adjustments.jpg

Top Bottom