1600735332690.png
    Capitol Armory ad

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    So, the wife showed me the latest "conspiracy theory" on FB this morning. It's this:

* If you go to Google and type "nnn new cases" using any three-digit number. It will always come up with a number of stories matching that number exactly. Interestingly, for me, it came up with local stories....Texas cities and such.
    * Snopes (don't trust) says it is "False". And claims that with the numbers we are seeing, it is no mystery that we have "hit" every three digit number already. Now, I believe this may be truth, but...
    * If you go to Bing and try the same, you do not get the same results. It comes up with more stories on the "three digit consipiracy". Try it with your own favorite non-Google engine.

Summary: I think Google is cooking the results. Change my mind.

Switch to duck duck go

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    It seems to me, some of this Covid19 nonsense is dying off to some degree. I am seeing a lesser number of people wearing masks in public. Maybe that's a good sign that things are returning to some normalcy. I hope.
    I've been noticing that as well. Even some merchants/employee's are not wearing mask. Went in Sherwin-Williams the other day. Guy ask "Do you have a mask?" "Yeah, it's in my back pocket!" as continued down the isle. "Put it on!" said store manager. I did. Unfortunately I need to match the stain on some custom made cabinets I'm replacing the base units on. Sherwin-Williams is the only place I'm aware of that offers stain matching. They already didn't get any more of my business than absolutely necessary due to available product line. Their customer service is absolutely horrid and always has been. I don't see me returning to any of their stores for at least the next 12 months.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I've been noticing that as well. Even some merchants/employee's are not wearing mask. Went in Sherwin-Williams the other day. Guy ask "Do you have a mask?" "Yeah, it's in my back pocket!" as continued down the isle. "Put it on!" said store manager. I did. Unfortunately I need to match the stain on some custom made cabinets I'm replacing the base units on. Sherwin-Williams is the only place I'm aware of that offers stain matching. They already didn't get any more of my business than absolutely necessary due to available product line. Their customer service is absolutely horrid and always has been. I don't see me returning to any of their stores for at least the next 12 months.

Doug, I would have walked out personally.

Matching the stain, wouldn't be enough for me to be treated in such a way.

Even the places in our town that have signs, "requiring" wearing a mask, aren't even saying anything to anyone not wearing a mask. Several places have signs that ask that wear one, but aren't requiring a person to wear one. And I still social distance though.

Unless there is some strange re-outbreak, I think the majority of this nonsense is over with. I hope.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA

Even the places in our town that have signs, "requiring" wearing a mask, aren't even saying anything to anyone not wearing a mask. Several places have signs that ask that wear one, but aren't requiring a person to wear one. And I still social distance though.

Unless there is some strange re-outbreak, I think the majority of this nonsense is over with. I hope.

Yup, that's what I'd tell folks as well. Easy to say when you don't have a contract deadline going under water and no immediate source for a similar solution. I may have been able to locate another Sherwin-Williams store that didn't require the mask but what would be the point in that? Trust me... that store manager made no friends that day.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Yup, that's what I'd tell folks as well. Easy to say when you don't have a contract deadline going under water and no immediate source for a similar solution. I may have been able to locate another Sherwin-Williams store that didn't require the mask but what would be the point in that? Trust me... that store manager made no friends that day.

I do understand the frustration. Being caught between a rock and hard place ain't no fun place to be. And sadly, sometimes we just have to bite the bullet and do what we have to, to get the job done.

MacZC7

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2020
    Texas

There was never a first outbreak, that’s why they had to fluff numbers. They’re about to milk this dead cow some more...media is pushing for more lockdowns and mask orders because flu season is starting soon. New York is discussing another lockdown. This shit is ridiculous.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Good thing they didnt get out the long distance laser thermometer to check your temp. The horror of slightly off shade stain is unforgivable and devastating to a homes resale value.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Good thing they didnt get out the long distance laser thermometer to check your temp. The horror of slightly off shade stain is unforgivable and devastating to a homes resale value.
    Slightly off shade stain matters... only if you give a shit about the quality of your work.... Which I do.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    It seems to me, some of this Covid19 nonsense is dying off to some degree. I am seeing a lesser number of people wearing masks in public. Maybe that's a good sign that things are returning to some normalcy. I hope.
    I think it's less that and more that people are tired of government overreaching its authority. Had Abbott left the mask thing as a recommendation or had it been passed by the Legislature, you would see more compliance. Now, refusing masks is a political statement. And I don't think it will change until Abbott is ousted from office.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    There was never a first outbreak, that’s why they had to fluff numbers. They’re about to milk this dead cow some more...media is pushing for more lockdowns and mask orders because flu season is starting soon. New York is discussing another lockdown. This shit is ridiculous.

Yeah, I see the same thing coming. Killing the story now before an election outcome leaves them without it if Trump is re-elected.

Top Bottom