1604176625109.png

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Texas AG sues to block COVID-19 shutdown in El Paso County

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton on Friday joined several El Paso County restaurant owners in suing to block a county order shutting down all non-essential activities for two weeks.

Read somewhere that the El Paso police had stated the order was illegal and they would not be enforcing.
    And where was Paxton for Dallas and Harris counties? Of course, he needs all the good publicity he can get now....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

CyberWolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    US
    Packaging. "Anti-viral" vs. "Medical grade" and "Germ Shield"...

I believe it's actually more than that, for several reasons (though have no insight into what's actually behind it)...

1. They aren't the same masks; in fact, the ones on the left are significantly different than anything currently available, and use some form of advanced coating (or coated material) on internal layers of the filter...

2. The box markings are significant in that they represent not only a visual marketing aid, but also an "Express Warranty" as to product capabilities/efficacy...(e.g. it can be easy to underestimate the level of "marketing" and lawyer time that goes into a mass-marketed product like that; iow, if it happens, there's some purpose behind it...)

Possible am reading too much into it, but extremely odd when you consider external factors, timing, etc...

ETA: Looks like I may have mixed terms in #2 in that it appears to be the "Implied Warranty" which would apply...Same outcome, and I'm sure someone can correct me on proper applicablilty if needed...

Last edited:

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Masks as we know them today, are not really that effective from contracting COVID, they're mainly spit collectors. Even respirators with a proper face-fit won't claim they are 100% effective.

MacZC7

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2020
    Texas
    Masks as we know them today, are not really that effective from contracting COVID, they're mainly spit collectors. Even respirators with a proper face-fit won't claim they are 100% effective.
    No doubt. How much gets around the mask contact area on the face? Even with a baby smooth face and a super tight mask band these masks do nothing. People can keep breathing their own air if they want but I’m over this bullshit.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Here's another thing to think about. I'm of the age where parents used to expose their kids to chicken pox, because it was known that contracting chicken pox as an adult can be more fatal. The mortality rate for children with chicken pox is about 1 in 100,000. The mortality rate for children with COVID-19 is 1 in over 200,000. Nobody, I ever knew, thought it would be better to destroy a child's social life to keep from getting sick when I was young.

MacZC7

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2020
    Texas
    Here's another thing to think about. I'm of the age where parents used to expose their kids to chicken pox, because it was known that contracting chicken pox as an adult can be more fatal. The mortality rate for children with chicken pox is about 1 in 100,000. The mortality rate for children with COVID-19 is 1 in over 200,000. Nobody, I ever knew, thought it would be better to destroy a child's social life to keep from getting sick when I was young.
    None of this is about getting sick, that’s the veneer.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Have not worn a mask in any business since the hysteria started. No one has ever said a word.

Until today. Was driving by an auto parts store, needed something, so I pulled in to the parking lot.

As I enter the store, a Karen behind the counters screams out "Sir, have you got a mask?" Resisting the temptation to say "Well, do you see one??", I politely reply "No" and keep walking. She starts screaming "SIR, SIR, the sign says you HAVE to have a mask." Just freaking out.

"I will take my business elsewhere." And will not return.

Went to the usual parts store I frequent, everything was cool.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas

My grandmother had 9 kids (that survived). When one got sick, they all had to sleep in the same room. She said, "We're going through this once, not 9 times." The kids hated it, but they didn't get a choice. Dad said he thought the name of their house was Quarantine because the sign was on the porch so much.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    My grandmother had 9 kids (that survived). When one got sick, they all had to sleep in the same room. She said, "We're going through this once, not 9 times." The kids hated it, but they didn't get a choice. Dad said he thought the name of their house was Quarantine because the sign was on the porch so much.
    Yep.

When I was growing up, that was the attitude. Get it and get over it. Measles, chicken pox, mumps, etc.

Fortunately there was polio vaccine. That was one you did not want to get.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Yep.

When I was growing up, that was the attitude. Get it and get over it. Measles, chicken pox, mumps, etc.

Fortunately there was polio vaccine. That was one you did not want to get.
    Ever heard of measles encephalitis? Ever seen a bad chicken pox?

Not benign diseases. Fortunately there is the MMR vaccine and the varicella vaccine.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015

Not benign diseases. Fortunately there is the MMR vaccine and the varicella vaccine.
    Almost anything can turn really bad.

Point is, the risk was recognized and accepted. There is risk to walking out of your front door. Risk to staying inside.

If good, safe mitigation or prevention measures come along - fine. But until then, I will not let fear dictate my life.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

People die in car accidents. Pool drownings. Heart attacks. Cancer. Gun shot wounds.

From the day you are born, your days are numbered. Fact is, no one lives forever.

So go ahead and preach doom and gloom all you want. Some of us have living to get done before we die.

Top Bottom