• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I've also heard of someone in Hong Kong that was re-infected 4 months later...

As of a month ago, several credible sources said not a single confirmed case of reinfection....

I'm curious if the reinfections are different strains.
    or long-haulers.

... “you can’t catch it twice” when they say something.

I keep an open mind on the possibility of re-infection because we really have less than a year’s worth of knowledge on the virus and attendant disease (when it presents). I’m okay with their being uncertainty and answers of “we just don’t know yet.”

What I’m not okay with is the extended abuse of of emergency powers under the Texas Disaster Act, and I’m really against mandatory behavioral modification and government control of business.

Last edited:

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    I don't think anyone is saying COVID-19 isn't real, or that nobody has been hospitalized or died from it. I and many others believe that governments are taking advantage and over inflating the seriousness to gain control over the populations. This isn't the bubonic plague that will wipe out a huge portion of populations, not even close. Just answer me this, why is most every contrary voice being silenced? Why am I not allowed to make my own decisions for my health?

To me it's a matter of choice. Do I die on my feet, or live on my knees?
    Are you the mouthpiece for the dead end kid? Let him reply to his own post. Not interested in a philosophical argument, only the health of my friend and his wife, both with Covid. I don't give a shit about the arguments.

MrNiceGuy

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    San Antonio
    Most of my family on my dad's side has gotten covid. Uncle's aunt's cousins grandma grandpa etc. My grandma actually got it twice because she is as in a nursing home. Some of my dad's cousins died from it they were older 70s 80s

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Are you the mouthpiece for the dead end kid? Let him reply to his own post. Not interested in a philosophical argument, only the health of my friend and his wife, both with Covid. I don't give a shit about the arguments.
    I'll take philosophical arguments over Emotional arguments any day. Emotional arguments got us things like the Patriot Act, where people took safety over Liberty (hence the B. Franklin signature below). I sympathize for any that lost loved ones and friends due to this virus, but there are no guarantees in life, I know this all too well.

People were willing to make sacrifices when asked back in spring, and at that time there were predictions of 2-6 million Americans dying. Certainly I'm not saying that the loses we have had are good in lieu of that, but we aren't getting honest answers as far as how much impact these edicts are taking on the health of our country.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Tha' "kid" checking in. Self-diagnosing doctors and self-representing lawyers are terribly cared for and represented. There is no such illness as "Covid Pneumonia" Most, if not all, of your post regarding the Covid topic are extremely biased to the point of making what you say similar to white noise. I'm well aware of your position on this topic. The fact of the matter is I don't accept your stated position as approaching anywhere near fact nor truth. Good Day!:popcorn:

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Tha' "kid" checking in. Self-diagnosing doctors and self-representing lawyers are terribly cared for and represented. There is no such illness as "Covid Pneumonia" Most, if not all, of your post regarding the Covid topic are extremely biased to the point of making what you say similar to white noise. I'm well aware of your position on this topic. The fact of the matter is I don't accept your stated position as approaching anywhere near fact nor truth. Good Day!:popcorn:
    Covid was initially diagnosed by the characteristic pneumonia findings on cat scan. Before they had lab tests. Dumb ass.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Pneumonia and Coronavirus: Does Everyone With COVID-19 Get Pneumonia? (webmd.com)

I guess this just doesn't exist. My friend is in the hospital with this and you say it doesn't exist. What planet are you from?

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    1607239949573.png

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I had COVID-19 last month. No doubt about it, it sucks. Doctor immediately put us on steroids for inflammation and antibiotics to prevent secondary infection. Doc had us monitor oxygen levels with one of those little finger pinching pulse-Ox meters. As long as oxygen levels stayed above 90%, then no need to go to the hospital. About 3 days of being really sick and then about 10 days of kind of up and down, not feeling good, etc. Doctor says huge surge going on right now, but they're having great success with this treatment plan. I don't personally know anyone who died or even went to the hospital, but I do know several people who had no symptoms at all or extremely minor symptoms, but were definitely exposed and tested positive. In at least one case, the person passed the disease on to someone else, even though she had no symptoms.

Pretty sure I got it at work, as they had a number of people turning up sick on literally the same day. Thing is, the place has all the protocols for distancing and masks in place, and people who are paid to disinfect everything. The people who got sick didn't work together or attend any meetings. Seems that viruses don't follow government rules and guidelines.

Oh, before I forget, let me add that I DON'T BLAME TRUMP.

I've been subjected to some serious hate on social media for saying that.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    I'm curious if the reinfections are different strains.
    Could be it's because the antibodies don't last for more than a few months like some people are saying. Also, not all immune systems are created equal. A nurse at our church had it in the spring and now apparently has it again, so who knows?

roadkill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Could be it's because the antibodies don't last for more than a few months like some people are saying. Also, not all immune systems are created equal. A nurse at our church had it in the spring and now apparently has it again, so who knows?

If that’s the case how will this “vaccine” they’re pushing help if immunity from it doesn’t last. Shots for everyone 4 times a year for life? That’s gotta be a cash cow for big pharma.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Pneumonia and Coronavirus: Does Everyone With COVID-19 Get Pneumonia? (webmd.com)

I guess this just doesn't exist. My friend is in the hospital with this and you say it doesn't exist. What planet are you from?

LOL... did you happen to read the entire article yourself? Pneumonia caused by Covid-19 can be treated how???? With.... drum roll please..... Pneumonia vaccine - not "Covid Pneumonia vaccine.

The fact that covid "pneumonia" has it's own ICD 10 code is far from surprising. Any thing to expand the reach/definition of a covid CAUSED deaths should not be a startling revelation to anyone. Pretty soon we'll have Covid-19 paper-cuts and rug rash!

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    The fact that covid "pneumonia" has it's own ICD 10 code is far from surprising. Any thing to expand the reach/definition of a covid CAUSED deaths should not be a startling revelation to anyone. Pretty soon we'll have Covid-19 paper-cuts and rug rash!
    No kidding.
    I am just waiting for them to tell us that Biden has Covid Ankle Sprain.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    LOL... did you happen to read the entire article yourself? Pneumonia caused by Covid-19 can be treated how???? With.... drum roll please..... Pneumonia vaccine - not "Covid Pneumonia vaccine.

You read the article but it is obvious you did not understand it. Here's what the article said:

The pneumonia vaccine protects against a kind of bacteria, not the coronavirus. But it can support your overall health, especially if you’re older or have a weak immune system. Talk to your doctor about whether you should get it.

Covid pneumonia is a viral pneumonia and having it can make a person vulnerable to an opportunistic or secondary bacterial pneumonia. The pneumonia vaccine protects against a kind of bacterial pneumonia (stated in the article) and that kind of bacterial pneumonia is pneumococcal pneumonia. The pneumonia vaccine won't protect against viral pneumonia (covid and others), fungal pneumonia or chemical pneumonia.

Also, the pneumonia vaccine is not a treatment for anything, it prevents a person from getting the disease (pneumococcal pneumonia) to begin with.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    You read the article but it is obvious you did not understand it. Here's what the article said:

Covid pneumonia is a viral pneumonia and having it can make a person vulnerable to an opportunistic or secondary bacterial pneumonia. The pneumonia vaccine protects against a kind of bacterial pneumonia (stated in the article) and that kind of bacterial pneumonia is pneumococcal pneumonia. The pneumonia vaccine won't protect against viral pneumonia (covid and others), fungal pneumonia or chemical pneumonia.

Also, the pneumonia vaccine is not a treatment for anything, it prevents a person from getting the disease (pneumococcal pneumonia) to begin with.
    Correct... I over-looked the section title
    "COVID-19 Pneumonia Prevention"

And then they close the discussion out with this.

" The pneumonia vaccine protects against a kind of bacteria, not the coronavirus. But it can support your overall health, especially if you’re older or have a weak immune system. Talk to your doctor about whether you should get it. "

Should anyone wonder why there was confusion.

Top Bottom