• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Amazing. I just saw little Fauci on a news conference. He didn't want to go too far, but he thinks he MAY see a plateau in the number of cases in the US> Wow. And Biden just signed a buttload of EOs this very day. And, amazingly, Da Fooch can see a plateau already?
    I am stunned.
    And not in a good way.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    well of course... How else are you going to justify allowing "undocumented" "virus laden" "crime ridden" desolate refugees in without any form of vetting??? The real question is - "Are we going to last 2 years?" The other questions is "Will it matter if we do?

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Stepdaughter just texted.
    She tested positive for CV.
    At the moment just cough and congestion.
    She works as a massage therapist, so was tested as soon as she developed any symptoms.
    She was at our house last Friday (15th).
    No symptoms here.

fishingsetx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2015
    Been gone from TGT for quite a while now but I figured I'd come back and jump in feet first lol.

Here are my thoughts/opinione on covid. Feel free to agree or disagree:

1) Covid is real, it's a virus, and it can kill. However, the response to covid was HIGHLY politically motivated. Best economy in US history dropped to its worst level in years all in an election year. The death toll is inflated. Too many reports of people dieing of other causes and testing positive then ruled covid deaths, questionable test results, etc. If it looks like a duck........

2) It effects different people differently. Some breeze through it despite major underlying health issues and advanced age and some die of it despite being relatively healthy. The flu is the same way. I've had the flu several times and I'd take it any day over a common cold. I've probably had it a lot more and just didnt go to the dr or get tested. Never had a flu shot either. It just doesnt make me really sick. Usually a runny nose, sore throat, and a slight cough for a couple days. A cold hits me much harder. A week or two of sinus blockage, sore throat, coughing like crazy, etc I've also seen people deathly I'll from the flu. Different people, different effects.

3) Masks are to keep someone from infecting others by blocking droplets from making it onto or into someone else, not to keep the wearer from getting infected by filtering the virus. For some reason people seem forget this all the time. This is why surgeons wear them during surgery. Also, most masks are absolute crap when it comes to doing this. N95 is the only one that really does much and the blue "surgical" masks are only about 50% effective. Everything else is just for looks.

4) mandating masks at the threat of fines/jail is crap, but someone choosing to wear masks is fine. I have no problem with someone wearing a mask. It has ZERO effect on me. I choose to wear or not wear one depending on how I feel about the situation (dont 90% of the time) as should everyone else. If a private business wants to make it mandatory, they are welcome to do so. I'll either follow their choice or I'll shop elsewhere. Government should put out their recommendations and let private individuals and businesses make their own decisions. I look at this no different than having a CHL/LTC. We shouldnt be screaming freedom and then force a private business to go against what they believe.

5) healthy people should NOT be locked in their homes! You quarantine the sick and let the rest make their own decisions about how much risk they are willing to take. As for shutting down businesses, see #4. Government should make the recommendation and let the business owners and customers make their own decisions on what risks they are willing to take.

Again, covid is real, it's out there, it can be very harmful and even deadly for a small percentage of the population, but it isnt the huge boogyman the media and politicians made it out to be.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    3) Masks are to keep someone from infecting others by blocking droplets from making it onto or into someone else, not to keep the wearer from getting infected by filtering the virus.
    Except those droplets that might catch in the mask material initially are subsequently forced out of the mask by exhalation. And they come out in an aerosol form, which travels farther than the droplets.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Except those droplets that might catch in the mask material initially are subsequently forced out of the mask by exhalation. And they come out in an aerosol form, which travels farther than the droplets.

I hadn't thought about that, but it seems to make sense.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Employer is really pushing vaccination. I think I will wait a while. First, would want an antibody test to see if I have already had the bug. Second, they rushed this vaccine out, I prefer to see how it pans out. Third, I am not afraid of the virus.

Not that I am anti-vaccine. Just want to make sure the cure is not worse than the problem.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    oldag,

Precisely the way I see it too.

I'm definitely not an anti-vaxxer, but I'm taking the wait and see if those who've gotten the 'rushed to market' vaccine don't keel over in 6 months or grow another head or....?

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    3) Masks are to keep someone from infecting others by blocking droplets from making it onto or into someone else, not to keep the wearer from getting infected by filtering the virus....

4)... I have no problem with someone wearing a mask. It has ZERO effect on me.

Aren't these contradictory? If a Covid positive person sneezes on you with or without a mask might have an effect on you.

fishingsetx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2015
    Do you have a link to research done on this?

Not trying to argue, I am genuinely interested to see the data! I have no problem changing my opinions on things when given good data.

My gut feeling is we dont produce enough force during a normal exhale to aerosolize the droplets that have been absorbed by a medical grade surgical mask (blue 3 layer mask) or N95 mask especially considering most of the air goes out the sides of the mask and not through the material, but that's just a gut feeling.

fishingsetx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2015
    Aren't these contradictory? If a Covid positive person sneezes on you with or without a mask might have an effect on you.

First, people shouldn't sneeze on other people, but more importantly, I took the risk of being out and about knowing that there could be a possibility of me getting infected. Now if someone knows they have covid and is still going out in public sneezing on people, then that's where the law should step in. Quarentine the sick and let the healthy live as they see fit.

I should have worded that better. I mean I dont think people should be criticizing other people for wearing a mask. I have no problem with someone wearing one, I just feel no one should be forced by the govt to wear one. I feel the same way about a lot of things. Motorcycle helmets and seatbelts just to name a few. I wouldn't get on the road without them, but I dont agree with making that choice for someone else.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Do you have a link to research done on this?

Not trying to argue, I am genuinely interested to see the data! I have no problem changing my opinions on things when given good data.

My gut feeling is we dont produce enough force during a normal exhale to aerosolize the droplets that have been absorbed by a medical grade surgical mask (blue 3 layer mask) or N95 mask especially considering most of the air goes out the sides of the mask and not through the material, but that's just a gut feeling.

You can do a simple experiment. Wet a mask, Breather through it. You may be able to see the aerosol, you will be able to feel it. Your breath is flowing through the mask as well, not just around the mask.

Nothing personal, but I am not going back through another web search on this. Did a lot of research early on. And if you look at studies 2019 and earlier, you will find plenty of studies that say the typical mask (non N95) is worthless with regard to virus transmission.

I should have been clear, I am NOT talking about N95 medical masks. Rather the masks and bandannas that 99% of the folks are suing.

fishingsetx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2015
    You can do a simple experiment. Wet a mask, Breather through it. You may be able to see the aerosol, you will be able to feel it. Your breath is flowing through the mask as well, not just around the mask.

Nothing personal, but I am not going back through another web search on this. Did a lot of research early on. And if you look at studies 2019 and earlier, you will find plenty of studies that say the typical mask (non N95) is worthless with regard to virus transmission.

I should have been clear, I am NOT talking about N95 medical masks. Rather the masks and bandannas that 99% of the folks are suing.

No problem on the web search, I did a search myself but didnt find anything that really mentioned it. I may look again later.

I agree completely on the bandanas, cloth, and other forms of non medical masks. I use a neck gater when we are out and about just to meet the minimum some places require. I have absolutely zero faith in their ability to stop a virus both coming and going.

I cant stand the medical grade masks, but at work, we are required to wear an N95, the blue mask, or a black one just like the blue mask. Has to be 3 layer, held on with ear straps, no exhalation valve and approved before they'll allow it. They are hot, fog my safety glasses, rub my ears, and are just generally uncomfortable.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    People who are vulnerable should be wearing an N95 type medical mask.

I just hate to see vulnerable people being given false confidence that a bandanna or cheap cloth mask is protecting them. With that false confidence, they go out and get exposed.

And the political message is that "if you wear a mask, you are safe." Well, no, not if you are wearing some cheap mask.

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    1611344787569.png

Top Bottom