• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    I cant stand the medical grade masks, but at work, we are required to wear an N95, the blue mask, or a black one just like the blue mask. Has to be 3 layer, held on with ear straps, no exhalation valve and approved before they'll allow it. They are hot, fog my safety glasses, rub my ears, and are just generally uncomfortable.

"I can't breath". And I have COPD and exercise induced asthma. I make sure I wear a cloth mask the has gaps at the nose to allow an airflow. Sorry to all the mask nazis out there...
    Texas SOT

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    In the last two days I've had 2 Karens tell me to put on a mask. One at home depot and one at harbor freight. Wait.... there's three. I went into a gas station to buy a news paper. Stuck it up under the plastic shield between me and the cashier. She said "Put on the mask!" I said "OK KAREN - we've got a barrier between you and me I'm sure that's not enough!"

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    In the last two days I've had 2 Karens tell me to put on a mask. One at home depot and one at harbor freight. Wait.... there's three. I went into a gas station to buy a news paper. Stuck it up under the plastic shield between me and the cashier. She said "Put on the mask!" I said "OK KAREN - we've got a barrier between you and me I'm sure that's not enough!"
    Ran into a first. Restaurant. Have to wear a mask. "The table is ten feet away, right there. And you are telling me I need a mask? Thanks but I will spend my money elsewhere."

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    Except those droplets that might catch in the mask material initially are subsequently forced out of the mask by exhalation. And they come out in an aerosol form, which travels farther than the droplets.
    The only thing I have read about airborne transmission is that it is "plausible". Nothing that I am aware that support true airborne transmission. Surgical mask is appropriate for droplet precautions

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    The only thing I have read about airborne transmission is that it is "plausible". Nothing that I am aware that support true airborne transmission. Surgical mask is appropriate for droplet precautions
    Ok...

So if it is not airborne, why wear a mask at all? If it is not airborne there is absolutely no benefit to wearing a mask.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    Ok...

So if it is not airborne, why wear a mask at all? If it is not airborne there is absolutely no benefit to wearing a mask.
    What does airborne transmission mean?

Airborne can be used to describe any size particle (e.g., droplet, dust, pollen) capable of travel through the air. For respiratory droplets, that can include droplets that are close to the source and those that have moved farther away. However, most infectious disease and public health experts reserve the term airborne specifically for use in the context of airborne transmission to describe infections capable of being transmitted through exposure to infectious, pathogen-containing, small droplets and particles suspended in the air over long distances and that persist in the air for long times.

Although spread of SARS-CoV-2 is believed to be primarily via respiratory droplets, the contribution of small respirable particles to close proximity transmission is currently uncertain. Airborne transmission from person-to-person over long distances is unlikely.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Airborne and droplet

There's a difference in droplet precautions and airborne precautions.
    Playing with semantics.

Those droplets are airborne (e.g., traveling through the air), unless they have sprouted legs, regardless of whether they are tiny or very tiny.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    Playing with semantics.

Those droplets are airborne (e.g., traveling through the air), unless they have sprouted legs, regardless of whether they are tiny or very tiny.
    Yes, they're in the air. In the medical field there is a difference in droplet and airborne. Like fog and hail for example

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    ezgif-2-5a34bc63c18a.jpg

glenbo

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    Alex Berenson, a former NYT reporter, has written a series of booklets on the covid farce titled, "unreported truths about covid-19 and lockdowns". Part 3 is all about the masks, and he shows just how useless they are, how fauci and many other "experts" have lied about the effectiveness, and quotes many others who say the masks are useless. He has references and links in his books. Masks are a good way to get us used to being controlled.

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    Alex Berenson, a former NYT reporter, has written a series of booklets on the covid farce titled, "unreported truths about covid-19 and lockdowns". Part 3 is all about the masks, and he shows just how useless they are, how fauci and many other "experts" have lied about the effectiveness, and quotes many others who say the masks are useless. He has references and links in his books. Masks are a good way to get us used to being controlled.

Well worth reading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Yes, they're in the air. In the medical field there is a difference in droplet and airborne. Like fog and hail for example
    Called my ins. co. to file a claim for fog damage! They we're laughing so hard I barely caught it when they said "Your policy is canceled!

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    Masks only work when the (proverbial) "other guy" wears them. That's because of the super secret one way nano-carbon tube technology in your cloth bandanna/muzzle. It only blocks the virus from coming out of the "other guy" if he wears one, but doesn't stop it from coming IN if you wear one, because....muh...droplets.

Your statement is pretty much correct. However I believe that if a person was to wear a mask inside out it would protect them. And that could be taken a step further and they could wear 2 masks, 1 inside out and the other one in the usual position, that would protect them and other people.

To be really really really safe sheeple people should get a couple of doses each of the experimental biological concoctions vaccines made by Phizer and Moderna.

Last edited:

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    A little exaggerated but I think it's a good one ;)

Or you could say fog and rain. . . . But droplets drop pretty close by and airborne is much smaller and is suspended for several hours. Usually require a respirator to filter out (N95 or mask with p100 filter).

Surgical masks do a good enough job to protect the wearer most of the time. So long as they are too crumpled up from being in your pocket, or not pulled over your face to actually filter your breathing.

EDIT: I think people should think of it in terms of exposure load rather than simply exposure.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom