• ...and so much more!
  • innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    Brother-in-law went to a Sherman ER over the weekend due to severe pain (has prostate cancer and COPD). They put him in a curtained off area with people on both sides hacking with suspected Covid. ER doctor walks in and washes his hands in the sink then wipes them on his pants since no paper towels. He's more worried now about getting Covid after visiting the ER.
    I've seen many a dr, rn, rt etc doing improper hand hygiene. Also that's the problem with people thinking ppe is protecting them. Most people, including healthcare workers, "do it wrong". If it's not something you are doing correctly everyday you are probably screwing up some part of the process.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    So, she slept alot.
    Only symptoms really were congestion, runny nose.
    Feels fine now.
    Has to wait till Thursday to get tested again.
    Are they requiring her to get retested? The guidance we are currently following is, for a mild/ moderate case, if 10 days have passed since symptoms 1st appeared And 24hrs since last fever without meds And symptoms have improved retesting is not necessary..

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Are they requiring her to get retested? The guidance we are currently following is, for a mild/ moderate case, if 10 days have passed since symptoms 1st appeared And 24hrs since last fever without meds And symptoms have improved retesting is not necessary..

Yes.
    She will require 2 negative tests to go back to work.
    I don't know how long the time frame required between tests is, though.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Well, good thing Biden is now in office and has a comprehensive plan to get this shit under control.
    Ha ha, sure he does. He is the boss!
    Slimy Lester Holt said tonight that he has a plan to bump up the vaccine numbers from 8.6 million to 10 million! Wow!
    He had already pledged 100 million vaccines in 100 days. So those are rookie numbers.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Awww.... Hell naw!!! I laughed when I saw the MEME of folks walking around with their finger up there ass cuz Faucie said it prevented the virus. Soooo... looks like he was "Right" again - sorta.

ETA: Wonder how this plays with "Drive-thru" testing? Ain't moonin' against the law anymore?

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    Awww.... Hell naw!!! I laughed when I saw the MEME of folks walking around with their finger up there ass cuz Faucie said it prevented the virus. Soooo... looks like he was "Right" again - sorta.

ETA: Wonder how this plays with "Drive-thru" testing? Ain't moonin' against the law anymore?
    Probably more comfortable than the brain brush up the nose.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Probably more comfortable than the brain brush up the nose.
    I don't know why people complain about that procedure. If you just hold still, it's no big deal. If you flinch, then you're hurting yourself. Assuming a halfway competent person administering the test, the comfort of it, or lack thereof, is pretty much up to the patient.

Yes, I realize I made an assumption, there...

Reactions: gll

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    1611776719155.png

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    I'm around 19,000 and was notified last night 1st vaccine is this Friday. I'm hoping to grow a third eye to help with my shooting.
    Y'all fellers with a number assigned:
    Is that your spot in the state, your county, a single medical office, what???
    Part B: how did you get into the queue?
    Thx
    ETA: my somewhat elderly parents have asked me for some help in getting them scheduled. So I am just beginning my research.

Last edited:

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    Y'all fellers with a number assigned:
    Is that your spot in the state, your county, a single medical office, what???
    Part B: how did you get into the queue?
    Thx
    ETA: my somewhat elderly parents have asked me for some help in getting them scheduled. So I am just beginning my research.

That's my queue number for Denton county. My queue number for Collin County is around 110k which will take 4+ months at the rate they are going. You can go to the county health department website (at least the ones that do this) and sign up if you qualify as 1a or 1b. I'm in the latter.

Brother-in-law in Grayson county is in his 70's and probably has half the qualifications on the 1b list. Guy is in terrible shape. Anyway, he was at his physician's office over a week ago and for some reason they had some vaccine so he got the first shot in the office which is a rare find.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I'm around 19,000 and was notified last night 1st vaccine is this Friday. I'm hoping to grow a third eye to help with my shooting.

My second shot was Jan. 5th, and I think I’ve gotten 40% faster And cuts seem to go away within the hour . . I just wake up with fur stuck in my teeth after every full moon. Weird.

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    I'm 136k in the queue at this one (drive-up) vaccine hub in Williamson County. They're only offering shot appointments to 1A & 1B people. I hope there's a bunch of people in line who aren't eligible yet - just there to beat the rush later, which will move me up the line, but IDK. A week ago I tried to get in line & there were 44k ahead of me but the signup site was crashed.
    Part B. I searched for covid vaccine in Williamson county, found the web sites, chose the driveup, then struggled thru the website hoops - I could've used some youngster help my own self.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom