• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    Don't know why the link fails. Tried it again got the same results.
    I found your article and it looks as though you don't understand what you read. It says that we don't know the full total because we don't know when covid arrived so there may have been people who died of covid before we know about covid and so they weren't counted. The article also states that we are playing catch up because the numbers are not up to date because it takes time for the new deaths to be added to the total. In a nutshell there are more deaths than are being reported.

The numbers I posted are what is known at this time so what's your Point?

Addendum: My best friend died Jan 15 2020 and I'm sure it was covid though covid wasn't known about.

Putting 500,000 covid-19 deaths into perspective

Last edited:

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    what I want you to do is read the article! Oh... Wait... never mind I remember you now You're the one whose motto is "Don't you dare try to confuse me with the facts - MY MIND IS MADE UP!"
    You can't confuse me with facts if you don't present me with any. You said the Washingto Post was better but the Washington Post didn't support your view.

Last edited:

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    1614131957201.png

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    DubiousDan
    First it was the never Trumpers, now it is the never Covid. Accept the fact that at least 1/2 of the population has an IQ less than 100 and they appear to accumulate in the never vaccine, never can figure out mortality rates (because some math skills are necessary), and they seem to wear their beliefs like a badge of courage. Stupidity is a badge of courage. Logic doesn't work on stupid. Don't waste your time.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    DubiousDan
    First it was the never Trumpers, now it is the never Covid. Accept the fact that at least 1/2 of the population has an IQ less than 100 and they appear to accumulate in the never vaccine, never can figure out mortality rates (because some math skills are necessary), and they seem to wear their beliefs like a badge of courage. Stupidity is a badge of courage. Logic doesn't work on stupid. Don't waste your time.
    I think the guy that thought the Washington Post would refute the data from the CDC is the same guy that said the Pneumonia vaccine would prevent covid, because he didn't understand the article he quoted. If he is it would seem he doesn't understand the written word.

I don't agree that everyone that's afraid of the vaccine is stupid. Some are but not all. There are one or two people in this thread I respect though I disagree with them.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    DubiousDan
    Nah... not so much that. What it is, for me, is some "Greater than thou" "Kool-aid drinkin' "internet preacher Karen trying to shame someone into saying or doing something they don't believe. The numbers are out there to support which ever belief you have.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    2019-2020 flu season 22,000 deaths from flu

2020 covid deaths 500,000+

And of course there is a vaccine for flu each flu season which helps mitigate the spread of the flu.

I don't have a horse high or low to get off of

I worked Emergency Room and Urgent Care for 35yrs. I was exposed to various flu strains daily during the flu season and never got it. Maybe because I got the flu vaccine every year or maybe it's not that contagious, I don't know. In October my brother stopped by my house for a few minutes to drop something off and left me with covid.
    The flu vaccine does not cover every strain.

And if you believe that 500,000 covid death number, I have farmland five miles south of Galveston to sell you.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    DubiousDan
    Tell me, R.

What categories of deaths are in that 500k figure?

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    DubiousDan
    I see you went straight to level 7 of the debate pyramid. And you want to discuss intelligence??? Pull yur pants up yur ass is showing!

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    This is the level of discourse that got the first coronavirus thread closed.

I blame myself. I promised to moderate this thread ruthlessly but then everyone spent so much time being reasonable and informative that I got lax.

tl;dr - This thread is a few posts from a lock. Please don't make that happen.

Fullretard

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    DFW
    This is the level of discourse that got the first coronavirus thread closed.

I blame myself. I promised to moderate this thread ruthlessly but then everyone spent so much time being reasonable and informative that I got lax.

tl;dr - This thread is a few posts from a lock. Please don't make that happen.

You excepted adults to adult? You fool!

I have mostly enjoyed this thread, and found some interesting information to verify on my own. I will reiterate the please think before you post sentiment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    DubiousDan
    I don't agree that everyone that's afraid of the vaccine is stupid. Some are but not all. There are one or two people in this thread I respect though I disagree with them.

Personally, I'm very OK with people making whatever decision they feel is appropriate regarding the COVID vaccine. At the same time being cognizant that the general public has an interest in less Covid being spread, and aware that herd immunity is happening alongside the vaccine use, probably due to low level exposures that remain undocumented.

Few people that have written in this thread appear to me to be anti-vax in general, if any members at all. And it is the real anti-vaxrs that I find puzzling/amazing/amusing. The people that don't want the covid vaxine cuz it is new and relatively untested I completely understand. I felt the same way, and I don't THINK I'm stupid, but I had to make a diff choice because of my individual circumstances.

I don't see how pinning down the precise death rate is useful for the purposes of this discussion. Tho I do believe the death rate was initially exaggerated, and the total of covid deaths inflated, it would seem that a logical person would find it to be a deadly enough disease at any rate. And very infectious.

The wife is set to get her Covid vax early March. We're slo here. When she becomes sterile, and has an arm growing out of her tummy too, we can shake hands and go to town... gotta new way to hold on... gonna have some fun now!!!

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    To clarify my position... My 93 yo mother asked for advise about getting the vaccine or not. My oldest sister adamantly advised against it. My comment to her was it is a personal choice and that I would not advise either way but would support which ever way she decided. She got the first injection last week and will be getting the second when it's due. There are pros and cons associated with the vaccine. Obviously I'm in the camp of nay sayers. Even though I had a BIL die a very painful death with covid.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    The flu vaccine does not cover every strain.

And if you believe that 500,000 covid death number, I have farmland five miles south of Galveston to sell you.
    I don't know how accurate the total number is but I am still in touch with former coworkers who talk about the numbers of bodies they see rolling out. We never saw anything like it with the flu. Matter of fact I don't recall ever admitting an adult to the hospital with flu. There may have been some i didn't see because I didn't work 24/7/365.

US Flu deaths per million 18 (2019)

US Covid deaths per million 495

I'm not interested in taking that property off your hands but I'd be interested in knowing why you bought it in the first place. ;-)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom