• Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    DubiousDan
    First it was the never Trumpers, now it is the never Covid. Accept the fact that at least 1/2 of the population has an IQ less than 100 and they appear to accumulate in the never vaccine, never can figure out mortality rates (because some math skills are necessary), and they seem to wear their beliefs like a badge of courage. Stupidity is a badge of courage. Logic doesn't work on stupid. Don't waste your time.

Well over 100 iq
    Not getting this so called vaccine.
    Worked every day since this so called pandemic started.
    Not really worried just practice personal hygiene and stay away from people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Military Camp

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    To clarify my position... My 93 yo mother asked for advise about getting the vaccine or not. My oldest sister adamantly advised against it. My comment to her was it is a personal choice and that I would not advise either way but would support which ever way she decided. She got the first injection last week and will be getting the second when it's due. There are pros and cons associated with the vaccine. Obviously I'm in the camp of nay sayers. Even though I had a BIL die a very painful death with covid.

I talked to my Moms about it again during our Saturday calls. She is 96 and has decided for herself that she doesn't know enough about the vaccine, nor does she think that she has enough time left to live to worry about such things. I worry for her because I've heard it's a very bad death to have to experience. But I cannot tell her with 100% confidence that the vaccine will not be worse. And I don't think it's my job to try to convince her either way... just to provide what info she asks for, and as you did, to support her decision.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Rotor,

Now, if one makes a decision that differs from others, one is axiomatically stupid?

Sounds downright leftist - You must comply or else- Resistance is futile, you weak humanoid...

From the guy whose always complaining about ad hominem attacks...oy vey...

Excuse me karen, I have the option to differ if I care to...and I do.

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    BTW
    Taking this so called Vaccine will not and does not protect you 100% from contracting or passing it to others.

Reduced risk. Maybe

100% safe. Nope.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    BTW
    Taking this so called Vaccine will not and does not protect you 100% from contracting or passing it to others.

Reduced risk. Maybe

100% safe. Nope.

Correct, only about 90% effective.

Name a vaccine or any medication that is 100% safe.

I'll save you some time. Most every medication ever developed has side effects and adverse reactions that can sometimes be fatal.
    I say most because there may be an exception though i doubt it. I can't recall ever administering anything that didn't have some caution attached.

Last edited:

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I don't know how accurate the total number is but I am still in touch with former coworkers who talk about the numbers of bodies they see rolling out. We never saw anything like it with the flu. Matter of fact I don't recall ever admitting an adult to the hospital with flu. There may have been some i didn't see because I didn't work 24/7/365.

US Flu deaths per million 18 (2019)

US Covid deaths per million 495

I'm not interested in taking that property off your hands but I'd be interested in knowing why you bought it in the first place. ;-)

But murder is murder, right? How are you excused from spreading flu or some other bug that might kill vs. spreading COVID? Morally, I see no difference.

Who said I own it? I am just selling it. ;)

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    But murder is murder, right? How are you excused from spreading flu or some other bug that might kill vs. spreading COVID? Morally, I see no difference.

Who said I own it? I am just selling it. ;)
    You're right, a person should do whatever they can to prevent the spread of disease. Vaccinate when possible and avoid contact with others if you have a disease that easily transmittable.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    You're right, a person should do whatever they can to prevent the spread of disease. Vaccinate when possible and avoid contact with others if you have a disease that easily transmittable.
    One person's "whatever they can" may not be another person's "whatever they can".

When I feel comfortable that the vaccine is safe and proven, then I will give full consideration. I will not rush into this.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun

Agreed.

I've advocated for flu vaccine for years. Selfishly, because it's dangerous to me if I get it. But I can't convince anybody that I'm worth the risk, no matter how slight. My cross to bear.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    DD,

You speak with a vast knowledge of medicine.

Are you, were you an MD?

RN?

LVN?

Orderly who knows stuff...?

C'mon man, (ah, it's a popular phrase with you know who, so I shouldn't use it, but it's my right) please provide your CV so we may all gasp with the knowledge you know what's best for us.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    DD,

You speak with a vast knowledge of medicine.

Are you, were you an MD?

RN?

LVN?

Orderly who knows stuff...?

C'mon man, (ah, it's a popular phrase with you know who, so I shouldn't use it, but it's my right) please provide your CV so we may all gasp with the knowledge you know what's best for us.
    As I've mentioned several times, I was a nurse, now retired. Worked to 2 years pediatrics, 31 years Emergency Room and about 5 years Urgent care. During that time I worked part time in different areas.

My medical knowledge is far from vast but in more that someone not in healthcare. I don't claim to know what's best for you and I never told you what to do. I've presented numbers from what i consider to be reliable sources. I've stated opinions based on my experience, the experiences of coworkers who are still working and studies I've read.

I entered into this conversation because someone posted an article about an elderly person who died shortly after receiving the vaccine as though that meant the vaccine was killing people despite 40+ million people in the US have received the vaccine without dying.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    DD,

Thanks!

Yes, you do know a lot more than the average bear about health care.

A helluva lot more than me for sure.

I'm just an obstreperous kinda guy who decides for himself what ever the subject.

I thought I detected subtle karen-ish/guilt tripping opinion which given my disposition causes me to go bat shit wit rebellion.

Sorry for being a richard head.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    DD,

Thanks!

Yes, you do know a lot more than the average bear about health care.

A helluva lot more than me for sure.

I'm just an obstreperous kinda guy who decides for himself what ever the subject.

I thought I detected subtle karen-ish/guilt tripping opinion which given my disposition causes me to go bat shit wit rebellion.

Sorry for being a richard head.
    You should decide for yourself. I just try to present some information (as opposed to fearmongering) to help you make a decision.

It doesn't take a lot of knowledge, there's a lot of information out there. The trick is to understand what the articles actually say which seems to be difficult for some in this thread.

Does your head have a nick name?:cool:

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Nah, just a one time blonde kid, which then evolved into mouse brown with a red beard and has now turned Santa Claus white to include my nether region hair...getting long in the tooth too...literally. OK, the gums recede as we age...I know the drill.

Getting old is better than dying young...maybe.

The actuality of being an old bastard is kinda odd as my internal voice, if you will, is about me being about 25/30. I'm guessing all old fks still think of themselves as young, even when they groan out loud when the get up off the couch.

I spent 2 hours working in yard and it exhausted me.

For 50 years I was a long distance athlete in many, many sports, but now do to various injuries I'm arthritic a hell. I wouldn't change it for the world.

I absolutely loved what I did!

Top Bottom