• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I skipped the second dose as I didnt like the way the first made me feel, beyond the typical I got vaccinated immune response I always get, and the fact studies showed that there was only a 5 percent improvement in effectiveness with the second.

Studies being of as limited value as vaccine testing is.

I'm not against getting one of the newly approved traditional type vaccines if they become widely available but right now I'm done.
    Capitol Armory ad

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I'll see how it goes.

If I get it and pass it on to someone else, it's my fault? Why then didn't they get the vaccine? Or doesn't it keep one from contracting COVID?

According to many, after forty eight years of riding motorcycles, I should be dead already.

I refuse to live in fear brought on by the government. Death is inevitable.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    I'll see how it goes.

If I get it and pass it on to someone else, it's my fault? Why then didn't they get the vaccine? Or doesn't it keep one from contracting COVID?

According to many, after forty eight years of riding motorcycles, I should be dead already.

I refuse to live in fear brought on by the government. Death is inevitable.
    You keep mentioning that death is inevitable. I think we know that. Is there a reason that you don't want to postpone the inevitable? A normal person does not want to die at age 48 does one? A normal person that is.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    "We’re working right now on evaluating when we’re gonna be able to remove all statewide orders, and we will be making announcements about that pretty soon," Abbott, who has had a statewide mask mandate in place since July, told reporters during a news conference in Corpus Christi on Thursday without giving a specific date.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    You keep mentioning that death is inevitable. I think we know that. Is there a reason that you don't want to postpone the inevitable? A normal person does not want to die at age 48 does one? A normal person that is.

I think it comes down to none of us have a known expiration date or cause. Live life to the fullest in the moment.

Other than the likelihood of a 48-year old dying due to Covid being exceedingly low. I’m at that age and my age group is statistically more likely to be smote with lightning than die from covid. I’m also willing to go out on a limb here and state the natural tendency for most humans is to not really think about whether they are going to wake up dead tomorrow. It’s just counter to this stage of human development.

My wife and I have made very few real changes in our lives other than pre-order groceries for store pickup. Lack of a vaccine (we’re pretty far down the list) doesn’t keep us from living life to the fullest and we certainly don’t live in a mask or the life of a shut-in. Neither of us have had reason to seek a test or medical care related to Covid.

At the same time, we neither care nor are responsible for someone else’s choices and their outcomes based on those choices. Essentially we believe you do you and we’ll do us. But don’t think there haven’t been negative health impacts due to the various preventive measures that have been put in place.

And that’s without even considering the national spending hangover that’s going to arrive as we have to pay off those extra three to six (or more) trillions-with-a-t dollars being borrowed to give a cross-section of Americans a couple thousand dollars after they were put out of work by .gov policies.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    I think it comes down to none of us have a known expiration date or cause. Live life to the fullest in the moment.

Other than the likelihood of a 48-year old dying due to Covid being exceedingly low. I’m at that age and my age group is statistically more likely to be smote with lightning than die from covid. I’m also willing to go out on a limb here and state the natural tendency for most humans is to not really think about whether they are going to wake up dead tomorrow. It’s just counter to this stage of human development.

My wife and I have made very few real changes in our lives other than pre-order groceries for store pickup. Lack of a vaccine (we’re pretty far down the list) doesn’t keep us from living life to the fullest and we certainly don’t live in a mask or the life of a shut-in. Neither of us have had reason to seek a test or medical care related to Covid.

At the same time, we neither care nor are responsible for someone else’s choices and their outcomes based on those choices. Essentially we believe you do you and we’ll do us. But don’t think there haven’t been negative health impacts due to the various preventive measures that have been put in place.

And that’s without even considering the national spending hangover that’s going to arrive as we have to pay off those extra three to six (or more) trillions-with-a-t dollars being borrowed to give a cross-section of Americans a couple thousand dollars after they were put out of work by .gov policies.
    Does a guy who rides motorcycles wear clothes to protect himself knowing that death is inevitable? Does he wear a helmet? Do you wear seat belts in your car knowing that death is inevitable. Ask Tiger Woods about what saved him.
    I have no problem with people that do not take Covid vaccine. It would seem that if one does a risk benefit analysis and the current vaccines are 97% effective with extremely small risks (although I had a hell of a time with Moderna vaccine), one rationally would want to take a treatment that is shown to be effective in preventing a disease which has a low mortality but significant morbidity rate. At least a rational person would think that. At least nobody is still claiming 0.001% mortality rate anymore.
    As far as flu, the same precautions taken to prevent Covid should also help lower flu infections. Knowing how much less effective flu vaccine is than Covid vaccine, does that mean we shouldn't take flu vaccine because death is inevitable. The logic of that thought process defies me. But I believe in choice and I believe that an adult can make their own decision.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Does a guy who rides motorcycles wear clothes to protect himself knowing that death is inevitable? Does he wear a helmet? Do you wear seat belts in your car knowing that death is inevitable.
    Some do, some don’t. Three states don’t require a helmet for anyone, 29 require a helmet for some riders, and only 18 have compulsory helmet laws for all riders. I’ve ridden dirt and street for close to forty years and have never had an injury of any type due to motorcycling. The helmet was not causal in that outcome. Having to skill to not crash in a manner likely to cause injury was. Even today I don’t always wear a helmet and I’ve never been an ATGATT guy.

...Do you wear seat belts in your car knowing that death is inevitable.
    No, I do not. I wear a seat belt to prevent LEOs from having a reason to pull me over. The seat belt doesn’t have to be worn to make the damn idiot ding go away. I’ve also never been injured in a collision. Again, seatbelt usage is not causal.

The better question to ask is do you believe we should go back to prohibition to stop drunk driving? Because that’s what the closest analogy to the various .gov attempts at changing human behaviors for a specific outcome is.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Does a guy who rides motorcycles wear clothes to protect himself knowing that death is inevitable? Does he wear a helmet? Do you wear seat belts in your car knowing that death is inevitable. Ask Tiger Woods about what saved him.
    I have no problem with people that do not take Covid vaccine. It would seem that if one does a risk benefit analysis and the current vaccines are 97% effective with extremely small risks (although I had a hell of a time with Moderna vaccine), one rationally would want to take a treatment that is shown to be effective in preventing a disease which has a low mortality but significant morbidity rate. At least a rational person would think that. At least nobody is still claiming 0.001% mortality rate anymore.
    As far as flu, the same precautions taken to prevent Covid should also help lower flu infections. Knowing how much less effective flu vaccine is than Covid vaccine, does that mean we shouldn't take flu vaccine because death is inevitable. The logic of that thought process defies me. But I believe in choice and I believe that an adult can make their own decision.
    Put it this way, if I live my life in fear of death, am I really living? I don't know what will be the end of me, I just don't believe it will be a bug. I survived way worse experiences.

97% effective? Where did you hear that? And am I supposed to believe them? Especially now when it's being pushed that even after getting vaccinated you still need to follow all protocols. They lost me after we were told 15 and 30 days to slow the spread, or lower the curve.

If you want people to believe in protocols and vaccines, maybe try being forthright with people. I don't mind doing my part, but don't change the rules on a daily basis and expect me to believe I can win.

Last edited:

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Put it this way, if I live my life in fear of death, am I really living? I don't know what will be the end of me, I just don't believe it will be a bug. I survived way worse experiences.

97% effective? Where did you hear that? And am I supposed to believe them? Especially now when it's being pushed that even after getting vaccinated you still need to follow all protocols. They lost me after we were told 15 and 30 days to slow the spread, or lower the curve.

If you want people to believe in protocols and vaccines, maybe try being forthright with people. I don't mind doing my part, but don't change the rules on a daily basis and expect me to believe I can win.
    You keep the fear of death preaching. It is smart to not put yourself into deaths way unless you are suicidal. It is prudent planning to try to avoid death as long as possible (assuming you are otherwise healthy).
    All of the statistics show Pfizer and Moderna are about 97% effective. J&J I believe is 60-70+% effective. Believe or not at your discretion.
    Do you wear protective clothing on a bike? Helmet?
    Who are you preaching to about being forthright with people? I don't change the rules. You act like I as an individual has changed the rules. You don't like the government changing things just state that. I don't like the government changing things either. I especially don't like Biden and crew. But that still doesn't change the fact that I have more chances of a longer life being vaccinated than not. If you don't understand that I have no problem with you making your own choices.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Didn't vaccines end polio? How about other disease's that vaccines take out? I get a regular flu shot every year (senior shot). Monday I get my second Pfizer shot. It's better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it.
    Those other vaccines were not rushed to market, shortcutting the process.

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    12c8016d7dd17b7e14e86407d5409cfa.jpg

59855f3ead93835afc8702f0773c6a86.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas

Probably the best article on the effectiveness out there right now with 500k participants.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    You keep the fear of death preaching. It is smart to not put yourself into deaths way unless you are suicidal. It is prudent planning to try to avoid death as long as possible (assuming you are otherwise healthy).
    All of the statistics show Pfizer and Moderna are about 97% effective. J&J I believe is 60-70+% effective. Believe or not at your discretion.
    Do you wear protective clothing on a bike? Helmet?
    Who are you preaching to about being forthright with people? I don't change the rules. You act like I as an individual has changed the rules. You don't like the government changing things just state that. I don't like the government changing things either. I especially don't like Biden and crew. But that still doesn't change the fact that I have more chances of a longer life being vaccinated than not. If you don't understand that I have no problem with you making your own choices.
    In what way did I say I put myself in death's way? Shit happens. I just don't believe this to be a humankind ending disease, yet that's what seems to be pushed.

As far as gear on a motorcycle, I have faith in my abilities.

Top Bottom