• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    from the perspective of someone nearly 'spittin-distance' from double the "median" number which was recently bitched about in this thread

Don't take this the wrong way, I'm NOT attacking you...

We talking IQ? What is the number for the "median" IQ?

I know the "average" IQ is 100. How much diff is the median IQ? Cuz if I'm conflating it with average, that would mean and IQ of 200, which is above Walter O'Brian, said to be the 4th highest IQ ever.

Or maybe I'm totally off track. IDK. I'm easily led astray. LOOK, SQUIRREL!!! :)
    Hurley's Gold

Haystack

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2021
    Edom, TX
    Awww.... Hell naw!!! I laughed when I saw the MEME of folks walking around with their finger up there ass cuz Faucie said it prevented the virus. Soooo... looks like he was "Right" again - sorta.

ETA: Wonder how this plays with "Drive-thru" testing? Ain't moonin' against the law anymore?

The anal swabs are not just a recommendation anymore. The are mandatory for foreign visitors.

And Japan is pretty mad about the policy.

Last edited:

CyberWolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    US
    Don't take this the wrong way, I'm NOT attacking you...

We talking IQ? What is the number for the "median" IQ?

I know the "average" IQ is 100. How much diff is the median IQ? Cuz if I'm conflating it with average, that would mean and IQ of 200, which is above Walter O'Brian, said to be the 4th highest IQ ever.

Or maybe I'm totally off track. IDK. I'm easily led astray. LOOK, SQUIRREL!!! :)

Good question.

Wikipedia actually has a pretty good explanation on this (the article itself is pretty good as well, though they do expose some bias in a few areas which warrant reading with a grain of salt...)

4a87ece629c540b1795cf9404c0625cc.jpg

This is an incredibly complex topic which I find to be of great interest (multiple reasons)...

That said - IQ is something I typically don't bring up in general conversation, and very rarely use as a pejorative.

Once again, several reasons, but the most significant simply goes back to incompleteness of existing metrics and our understanding of ancillary considerations, n-th order effects, quantum physics, and the nature of reality...

Ok...hereditary traits, physical and nutritional health, etc., sure; but what in the hell does quantum physics or the nature of reality have to do with intelligence?

Don't know for sure (though I have a number of thoughts on the matter); however - at my current stage of understanding, I would expect the dimensionality of material considerations in this area is likely beyond anything we even have the ability to fully conceptualize at this time.

This goes to considerations related to science and religion, as well as psychology, physiology, Chi/Ki, HUP, Quantum Superpositioning, Observation and the Zeno effect, etc., etc....(e.g. - think about potential linkages across observable phenomena such as 'intuition', concepts such as "mind over matter", ULOA, "Power of Prayer", intentional Chi manipulation/disruption, etc., etc., etc.,)

Finally, while I don't necessarily agree with all of it, this is a fascinating read for those interesed:

ETA: ok, wow - that was one helluva rabbit hole...

Back on topic, but hopefully if nothing else it'll help us all move the discussion past the "Red Forman" stage...

712651ed7e9596ba2da92c1a56c25868.jpg

^(not directed at anyone, just getting that out of the way)

Last edited:

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    I read the similar report on the Netherlands but didn't read the one about Britain. I thought the Netherlands report was unnecessarily alarmist, full of vague data, and not scientific at all... a very slanted view. That's why I didn't read the British one. Burn me once...
    I sorta expect more reports of a similar nature. If you have mass vaccinations of vulnerable people gathered together you're likely to have a fair number of them being exposed to the virus.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    I sorta expect more reports of a similar nature. If you have mass vaccinations of vulnerable people gathered together you're likely to have a fair number of them being exposed to the virus.

Wife musta been exposed today then. The vaccination event was full of people. They were all social distancing tho.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    Good question.

Wikipedia actually has a pretty good explanation on this (the article itself is pretty good as well, though they do expose some bias in a few areas which warrant reading with a grain of salt...)

4a87ece629c540b1795cf9404c0625cc.jpg

This is an incredibly complex topic which I find to be of great interest (multiple reasons)...

That said - IQ is something I typically don't bring up in general conversation, and very rarely use as a pejorative.

Once again, several reasons, but the most significant simply goes back to incompleteness of existing metrics and our understanding of ancillary considerations, n-th order effects, quantum physics, and the nature of reality...

Ok...hereditary traits, physical and nutritional health, etc., sure; but what in the hell does quantum physics or the nature of reality have to do with intelligence?

Don't know for sure (though I have a number of thoughts on the matter); however - at my current stage of understanding, I would expect the dimensionality of material considerations in this area is likely beyond anything we even have the ability to fully conceptualize at this time.

This goes to considerations related to science and religion, as well as psychology, physiology, Chi/Ki, HUP, Quantum Superpositioning, Observation and the Zeno effect, etc., etc....(e.g. - think about potential linkages across observable phenomena such as 'intuition', concepts such as "mind over matter", ULOA, "Power of Prayer", intentional Chi manipulation/disruption, etc., etc., etc.,)

Finally, while I don't necessarily agree with all of it, this is a fascinating read for those interesed:

ETA: ok, wow - that was one helluva rabbit hole...

Holy Moly! I was pretty sure Schrodinger's cat was going to make an appearance there!!

At my advanced age that's way too much for me. I used to be in the "gifted" category, but thanx to uncontrolled diabetes I've lost a lot of cognitive function. Probably 25pts lost to diabetes, and another 25pts lost due to jousting with people online. :what:

Thank you for the brain exercise!!!

Last edited:

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Wife musta been exposed today then. The vaccination event was full of people. They were all social distancing tho.

So wait ten days and have here take a test. Whoops doesn’t work that way because the vaccine titers will be high enough to pop a positive.

Why does this matter? Some employers mandate a negative test routinely (usually within 8-10 days) for access to their facilities. They also may have enhanced PTO benefits if you test positive...one case study I’ve seen shows over time spikes in the enhanced PTO benefits starting as early as the first or second test cycle after the first or second shot, which is resulting in decisions whether to continue the enhanced PTO as a program, or eat the lost productivity, usually dependent on how bad the employer needs to have people on-premises.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    Could go either way. It's difficult to social distance from the one giving the injection. It's just that we don't know what precautions were taken in the places the articles were talking about.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    So wait ten days and have here take a test. Whoops doesn’t work that way because the vaccine titers will be high enough to pop a positive.

Why does this matter? Some employers mandate a negative test routinely (usually within 8-10 days) for access to their facilities. They also may have enhanced PTO benefits if you test positive...one case study I’ve seen shows over time spikes in the enhanced PTO benefits starting as early as the first or second test cycle after the first or second shot, which is resulting in decisions whether to continue the enhanced PTO as a program, or eat the lost productivity, usually dependent on how bad the employer needs to have people on-premises.

She's 80.

I don't think she's going to show up for work. Her old place of biz has been closed for 20yrs. :frog:

Good info tho. Thx!

CyberWolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    US
    Another interesting and well-written article figured worth sharing...

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    I have read this post over and over and my brain keeps flipping the HEB to Bucee’s. I must really really miss the epic Luling Bucee’s.

And I miss my grandparents who lived in Luling until their passing years ago but that’s another issue.

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    This has been such a year of COVID crap. There have been a few great things for me but it’s mostly been a hard year. I’ve been real tense lately and got a 1.5 hour serious massage Thursday.

Well that massage released enough toxins that I feel like crap for day 2.5. Super draggy and achey. I didn’t drink enough water.

Hope that’s all it is....I was doing biofeedback just now with the oximeter and hubby just came in here and griped at me about the loud chirping it makes that he didn’t know what it was.

We went to the store today and husband tried out not masking in Kroger’s. No one said anything but I feel tension at his being without one. I know I shouldn’t, but I feel it. I’m tired. It’s a shame how much so many of the sheeple’s brains have broken through all this. Maybe my brain is broken too. Idon’t want tension, I don’t want potential conflict,

I don’t isolate, and yet I don’t want to get sick. I don’t think I will, but that’s a lingering concern.

I’m not scared enough to isolate, and not scared enough of COVID to take the vaccine.

I’m tired from over working and stressed as the only breadwinner now (although we are doing good and unemployment has kicked in for the hubs). What a blessing for us to be making it (and in the new house).

But I’m tired. The ice storm stress really set it off with the tension. That has lingered, and we didn’t even have it bad. I don’t think I’ve recovered at all from that stress.

I don’t like how weak and worn down I feel.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    This has been such a year of COVID crap. There have been a few great things for me but it’s mostly been a hard year. I’ve been real tense lately and got a 1.5 hour serious massage Thursday.

Well that massage released enough toxins that I feel like crap for day 2.5. Super draggy and achey. I didn’t drink enough water.

Hope that’s all it is....I was doing biofeedback just now with the oximeter and hubby just came in here and griped at me about the loud chirping it makes that he didn’t know what it was.

We went to the store today and husband tried out not masking in Kroger’s. No one said anything but I feel tension at his being without one. I know I shouldn’t, but I feel it. I’m tired. It’s a shame how much so many of the sheeple’s brains have broken through all this. Maybe my brain is broken too. Idon’t want tension, I don’t want potential conflict,

I don’t isolate, and yet I don’t want to get sick. I don’t think I will, but that’s a lingering concern.

I’m not scared enough to isolate, and not scared enough of COVID to take the vaccine.

I’m tired from over working and stressed as the only breadwinner now (although we are doing good and unemployment has kicked in for the hubs). What a blessing for us to be making it (and in the new house).

But I’m tired. The ice storm stress really set it off with the tension. That has lingered, and we didn’t even have it bad. I don’t think I’ve recovered at all from that stress.

I don’t like how weak and worn down I feel.
    Hang in there.

11. For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

12 Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you.

13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

Jer. 29 11-13

Top Bottom