• ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Hypothetical situation:

What if you had to take the shot, but were given the choice of brand, of all three available, which one and why?

J&J. One shot, not mRNA. If possible I would wait for the Novavax...proven technology. My employer is about to go down the path of negative test in the past 8 calendary days to get in the building.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Last edited:

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    J&J. One shot, not mRNA. If possible I would wait for the Novavax...proven technology. My employer is about to go down the path of negative test in the past 8 calendary days to get in the building.

Doesn’t this one use the aborted fetus cell lines? I’ve heard lots of discussions on this practice, all sides, for different vaxxes.

Worth sorting out so a person looks at the info and has sorted it out the best they can. Can then feel good about their decision.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    What's the rational for that decision?

I have no fucking clue and I’m an HR guy. We’re an F100 company and have a Chief Medical Officer who is advising on the topic.

I won’t be surprised if it’s our own little experiment/data gathering campaign to determine how long we we still are 95+% remote for our 35K employees.

Last edited:

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Which is the worst and why?

Subjective criteria. mRNA vaccines are the great unknown...first time the technology has been widely used for vaccines. J&J is at least using a tech that’s been around a while. Novavax is, too...and they are kind of the underdog in all this, but they’ve also had some great successes with similar tech vaccines in the past.

My personal policy is to not make a decision until I have to. Right now, I don’t have to, so my advice is worth what you paid for it.

Doesn’t this one use the aborted fetus cell lines? I’ve heard lots of discussions on this practice, all sides, for different vaxxes.

Worth sorting out so a person looks at the info and has sorted it out the best they can. Can then feel good about their decision.

I don’t know and I agree. There’s a lot of readily accessible, useful information out there to help people make their own decision. What I don’t care for is .gov forcing behaviors on people, whether it’s a mask or a shot or a whole lots of other stuff.

ETA: Good, timely resource from the Charlotte Lozier Institute on which vaccines use fetal cells and in what method (research, production, clinical trial).

BG,
    Sounds like changing (if at all doable) employers would be a good next step...they sound lefty...
    To be clear he and I are not employed by the same company. Remember employer sponsored healthcare plans (and I don’t know if he has one) still carry a premium to the company based on past claims. Both short and long term disability insurance premiums are affected, too.

A lot of these decisions may appear politically motivated, but the HR industry group I belong has been very adamant that decisions related to COVID need to be based on strong business cases and strong employee feedback. Lots of communicating on what decisions are on the table, what the options are for those decisions and what the outcomes could be for each decision, whether health insurance or other benefits are part of the company plan or not.

In return, employees have to decide whether they can live with the company decisions or not.

Last edited:

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Hypothetical situation:

What if you had to take the shot, but were given the choice of brand, of all three available, which one and why?
    I did take the shots and you won't have to read through all of these posts. I took Moderna as it was all that was offered. Both my wife and I took it. She had no side effects. Shot one I developed a large rash in my arm progressively enlarged over 3 weeks and faded. Shot 2 I might as well have had the flu, was sick as a dog and even a week latter was dragging my butt. Wife had no sx. Friends that took Pfizer had no sx. J&J less effective. So far what's available now I would take Pfizer. My reaction may differ from yours.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    I took Moderna as it was all that was offered.

^^^ This.

AFAIK it's not yet where you can go to your local doc and ask for a Covid shot of your choice... at least not here in the West. I got what was being given by the VA, and wifey got what was being distributed by the state, both were Moderna, only reactions a slightly sore arm, much less so than the last flu shot I got. All of it free of charge, nobody forcing us to take the shots.

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    1615185192314.png

Dr P

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    Dallas
    Because of the dramatic drop in numbers nation wide, I'm convinced we are near herd immunity. The virus seems weaker since many of those who test positive have one symptom - loss of smell. The government numbers do not include untested folks, who may or may not have had symptoms.
    If true, the virus will become another strain of the Common Cold.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    Because of the dramatic drop in numbers nation wide, I'm convinced we are near herd immunity. The virus seems weaker since many of those who test positive have one symptom - loss of smell. The government numbers do not include untested folks, who may or may not have had symptoms.
    If true, the virus will become another strain of the Common Cold.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/02/20/us/us-herd-immunity-covid.html

Bunch of injuries and deaths by the vaccine.

Quite the statement... but your link goes to a log in page. No info. :frog:

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    The short is that severe allergic reactions are rare, about 3-5/million. This is higher than average vaccines, but less than say, penicillin.

There is also a good article about a delayed reaction that causes a large rash. Seems to happen is just short of 1%.

The Pfizer and Moderna (both the mRNA ones) have better reported efficacy, but they are a pain with two shots 3 weeks apart. This means one month before you get to full efficacy.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom