• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Yep. Sounds about right. Here comes the Covid Day of Reckoning. I welcome it.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Okay, so this video is treading into honest-to-God conspiracy theory land. But is it really that farfetched? I did quite a bit of reading on genetically modified crops and there are cases when a farmers crop was not his own when the genetically mofified stuff got transferred to his property. It blew over the fence, but because they own it, it was still theirs. I thought the Covid vaccines introduced a modified DNA, but do they modify the DNA of the recipient???

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Okay, so this video is treading into honest-to-God conspiracy theory land. But is it really that farfetched? I did quite a bit of reading on genetically modified crops and there are cases when a farmers crop was not his own when the genetically mofified stuff got transferred to his property. It blew over the fence, but because they own it, it was still theirs. I thought the Covid vaccines introduced a modified DNA, but do they modify the DNA of the recipient???

No. RNA is transcribed from DNA. Then messenger RNA (mRNA) is translated to proteins. Messenger RNA breaks down pretty quickly.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016

If you can find comfort in the knowledge that for the mRNA vaccines to alter DNA (and the host genome) would violate the common current understanding of all the rules of biology, then the answer is no...

jamesmrj

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    Cypress, TX

They made a movie with Christopher Walken about one of those GMO crop cases.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    Coworker tells me this am he can't smell or taste. Feels like crap. He didn't call in because we would have been short staffed. He was afebrile. Told him to gtfo and go get checked. Calls back and says he + . He was at work yesterday. I was not. But we had a happy hour, for a coworker that is leaving, last Friday that he attended. As did most everyone that works in our dept. A couple people today were a little freaked. He was vaxxed. I don't remember. It was Moderna or Pfizer.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Coworker tells me this am he can't smell or taste. Feels like crap. He didn't call in because we would have been short staffed. He was afebrile. Told him to gtfo and go get checked. Calls back and says he + . He was at work yesterday. I was not. But we had a happy hour, for a coworker that is leaving, last Friday that he attended. As did most everyone that works in our dept. A couple people today were a little freaked. He was vaxxed. I don't remember. It was Moderna or Pfizer.
    Covid vaccines do not keep you from getting COVID (they do reduce your risk of symptomatic disease somewhat, and to what extent is debatable), they do not prevent you from transmitting the disease. They do reduce your risk of severe disease significantly.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Screenshot_20210727-220459_Chrome.jpg

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    Covid vaccines do not keep you from getting COVID (they do reduce your risk of symptomatic disease somewhat, and to what extent is debatable), they do not prevent you from transmitting the disease. They do reduce your risk of severe disease significantly.
    Yeah I know that. I was just including that in the post cuz I assumed someone would ask if he was vaxxed.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Put one bullet in a six shooter, you have about an 83% chance nothing bad will happen when you squeeze the trigger, but I ain't risking that either.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Why don't they must make the headline: "Consipiracy Theorists:You were Right"?

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Why don't they must make the headline: "Consipiracy Theorists:You were Right"?
    It would be nice if everyone would just be truthful about the Covid virus. But that ain't happening!

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Had to fly out of state recently.

Didn't put on the stupid mask until I got to the security checkpoint, TSA employees were being their usual selves. Took it off as soon as I went through security. Had to put it on to board the plane (jerks at the boarding counter), but took it off as soon as seated on the plane. Expected a hassle from the stewardess. She never said a word.

Only a few of us were not wearing masks in the airport. Got a few dirty looks from people wearing both masks and face shields.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Anbu9
    Top Bottom