• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    Call me suspicious, but I strongly believe that the Chinese and the World Health Organization have been hiding the real truth behind the numbers of cases and deaths in China along with the current spread of the disease worldwide. Even with that, the following chart shows a linear progression that illustrates what can happen if the epidemic continues unabated and turns into a full scale pandemic. Just look at the growth of numbers in the first 7 days and consider that these numbers are probably doctored at best and grossly understated at worse.

I have a trip booked to Los Angeles the third week of February but I have already told the wife that I will be watching to see what happens over the next two weeks to determine if I will cancel or not. There have already been cases in Orange County and the entire LA basin is full of hundreds of thousands of Chinese who go back and forth on a regular basis.

So far, East Texas looks pretty safe but I have my tin foil hat ready

Dpnvmoal.jpg
    Texas SOT

Attachments

• Dpnvmoal.jpg
      Dpnvmoal.jpg
      75.8 KB · Views: 1,345

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Those numbers are overly aggressive and make assumptions that no efforts would be made to halt the advance, but nevertheless the point is well stated - this could get ugly. Glad the kid in Waco proactively got checked out, he likely saved many from getting sick.

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    Well, the flu has been around a lot !onger and the death tolls ebb and surge due to various factors. This thing has been constantly accelerating instead of cycling. Remember, China just opened their only BSL-4 virology lab 5 years ago; it’s in Wuhan; quite the coincidence, eh?

jeremyjoe714

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2018
    Too far North
    I think the Chinese government is just trying to kill off a lot of their population because the whole "one child per household" isn't working fast enough for them. What they didn't expect was for the virus to spread beyond their borders.

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    Not that I'm paranoid, but this plague has taken the spotlight off the China civil strife/yellow vests. Hmmm.
    I'm also reminded of the beginning of the move "I Am Legend"f

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Just like every other new bug, news media will take the most extreme stance possible in hopes of getting the most views/clicks/subscriptions, etc.

Nobody wants to watch or read about the new bug that’s “kind of like the flu, but probably less deadly”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom