Join TexasGunTalk

Coronavirus Epidemic

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by gdr_11, Jan 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. General Zod

General Zod TGT Addict

Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    That's...not how a virus works. There's no "minor exposure" to build an immunity - you get exposed, you're exposed. If you get infected, with this one there's a chance you might be asymptomatic, but there's no guarantee - you're just as likely to wind up in intensive care on a ventilator. This thing is a virus no human has ever had until the last few months - we have no immunity until we fight off the infection, if we're one of the ones who can. So far, the percentage of the infected who fail to fight it off and wind up dying is much larger than comparable viruses. Plus, with it being communicable for 14 days before symptoms appear, it's much much easier to spread than comparable viruses.

What you're reading on this is akin to trying to build up an immunity to gunshot wounds by shooting yourself repeatedly with a .22...it's just not realistic or any kind of good idea.

This part appears to be somewhat accurate - but I wouldn't bet my health on it. What I've read says type O individuals are "less likely" to develop severe symptoms. That sounds like a crapshoot to me.

Dad_Roman likes this.
  2. WT_Foxtrot

WT_Foxtrot Active Member

Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    Sounds like the "listeners" ain't getting their money's worth. And yes, I've read much of your BS.

3. General Zod

General Zod TGT Addict

Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Also, the claims on blood type affecting whether you're more seceptible came out of China. I'm not trusting ANYTHING they say on this virus. The Chinese government downplayed it and have severely underreported their numbers of infected and dead, and they sat on this virus for over a month after they knew it was an epidemic, which allowed it to spread via air travel all over the damn world.

4. Texasgordo

Texasgordo TGT Addict

May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    Resized_Screenshot_20200329-173909_Facebook_2.jpeg.jpg

LaVbRef, Dad_Roman, Bozz10mm and 7 others like this.
  5. WT_Foxtrot

WT_Foxtrot Active Member

Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    Totally agree with that. China and communism is a huge culprit. Now they're being lauded as saviors even by the US MSM when it started there and they hid it to become what it has.

Unintended consequences? I don't think so.

TX OMFS likes this.
  6. Mowingmaniac 24/7

Mowingmaniac 24/7 TGT Addict

Nov 7, 2015
    I'd like to know the medical qualifications of the many offering cv insight............as far as I know, we have one active (dental)- one retired doc (MD) and the rest have the same expertise as me, which is to say...none.

jordanmills likes this.
  7. vmax

vmax TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Apr 15, 2013
    BA8EAF84-8057-4701-810F-4B3841436B77.jpeg

8. General Zod

General Zod TGT Addict

Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I paid attention in my high school biology class 30 years ago. That's all it takes to see the flaws in a LOT of the "information" that's being spread.

Davetex, jordanmills and roadrunner like this.
  9. candcallen

candcallen Purveyor of Snark Humor and Truth.

Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Out,
    You promise?

You stupid charts are being denounced as wrong by the experts using actual numbers on the ground. By experts I mean people running the show based on the total numbers not someone you know from somewhere that experience something. Totality of the event not out of context.

The rest of your babbling bullshit is regurgitated from msnbc or cnn or Gov Cuomo.

So again please dont waste your time.

10. roadrunner

roadrunner TGT Addict

Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    They say that a person can have CV and pass it to others and not show any symptoms for 14 days. How do they know this? From what I understand a person has to have symptoms before they can get a test.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.