Not open for further replies.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Rockport is packed with out of towners this weekend.....it's worse than any holiday weekend in recent memory............

Pandemic? You wouldn't know it..........Haven't seen anyone but a few older locals wearing masks..........
    Texas SOT

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sweden is currently an interesting self imposed epidemiological experiment.

Sweden's population is 35.2% that of Texas. Less population density with about 2/3 the land area to spread out as compared to our Republic.

Sweden choose, for the most part, to not lock down against the Coronavirus as a society.

The prognosticators are predicting that Swedish deaths will peak at about 494 deaths per day in about 3 weeks on or about May 22nd.
    https://covid19.healthdata.org/sweden

Texas deaths per day averaged, at a high about 33 per day.

So, if my cyphering is correct......

Swedish deaths per day per capita will be about 46,300% higher that the Texas peak.

I, like many of you, have wondered if we shut down too thoroughly and to vigorously and too disruptively.

Yes, I agree with the sentiment here, that our state's hospitsaly have been mostly empty.

But....
    Were we to have emulated what is now playing out in non-shut-down Sweden our path might have been tragically and gruesomely morbid.

HKS

Last edited:

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Some people just never learn.....

Oh well.......

Spreadsheet being updated.

I'm trying to understand.

My conclusion of the failure of Sweden to shut down in response to the COVID threat is that "Swedish deaths per day per capita will be about 46,300% higher than our Texas' peak".

Epdidmiologist everywhere are intensely studying this seemingly untoward outcome.

I realize that the compounding factor is that the financial and societal structure may be far less disrupted that is is in our state.

Articulate your intended interpretation of my data?

Last edited:

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    137a5da63d156bb208aa6edcb879d35e.jpg

Attachments

• 137a5da63d156bb208aa6edcb879d35e.jpg
      137a5da63d156bb208aa6edcb879d35e.jpg
      26.6 KB · Views: 501

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    So, if my cyphering is correct......
    ...and that's where it fell apart.

You can't compare PREDICTED deaths in one country to actual deaths in our state.
    I mean, you would like to. But you can't
    "Prognosticators" also were calling for 2 million deaths in the US. Were they even close? We are gonna have to get busy with this dying thing if we're gonna make it. The new prediction of 100,000 MAY be a possiblity, but will still be off by more than and ORDER OF MAGNITUDE.

Oh, but I did see an interview with "Sweden's Dr Fauci". He seemed very reasonable and practical and, most of all, honest and credible. Not like that evil Fauci scum.

Carry on.

Edit: Sorry, but I replied before I saw the graphical warning. Carry on.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    Ya know, this could all be taken to 100 by posting a selfie of yourself in a medical facility non-patient area, holding a business card with "Suck it TGT, Love HKShooter65" written on the back. Don't even need to show your face (not like we know what you look like after all).

Just sayin'
    There are way more non-doctor employees in those areas than doctors. That wouldn't prove anything.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I'm trying to understand.

My conclusion of the failure of Sweden to shut down in response to the COVID threat is that "Swedish deaths per day per capita will be about 46,300% higher than our Texas' peak".

Epdidmiologist everywhere are intensely studying this seemingly untoward outcome.

I realize that the compounding factor is that the financial and societal structure may be far less disrupted that is is in our state.

Articulate your intended interpretation of my data?

The real story will be how Swedes do when this virus pops back up next season.

Will their anticipated herd immunity provide lower numbers moving forward?

My guess is yes, but I’m curious to see how it plays out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The real story will be how Swedes do when this virus pops back up next season.

Will their anticipated herd immunity provide lower numbers moving forward?

My guess is yes, but I’m curious to see how it plays out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have, never in my career, said "We do not know" so very many times.

A dear friend has donated serum four times thus far after having convalesced from the Covid19 virus, having acquired it in Gunnison County skiing at spring break.

Her IgG has tested positive 1:64 and 1:128 but the reality is that "We do not know" if it is an antibody uniquely dedicated to warding off further exposures to COVID19 or is it a residual and ineffectual anamnestic response to an inconsequential Coronavirus rhinitis she may have had in 2018???

Hopefully her serum donation this week will assist in finding some answers to rescue our society from this predicament.

An interesting sidebar:
    She had but minimal symptomatology but persisted in testing positive to the viral RNA for nearly a month post-initial-detection.

Sidebar 2.0.
    I am a physician with a lot of experience in this area and continue to wonder why some agitators here cause trouble needlessly.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom