Join TexasGunTalk

Coronavirus layoffs and pay reduction support thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by JCC, Mar 23, 2020.

1. JCC

JCC Well-Known

May 1, 2018
    US
    Anyone experiencing a layoff or pay reduction as a result of the Coronavirus hysteria? I may be facing one or the other and should know more later this week. Still processing what to think about it. They are using the term temporary furlough. I get that companies are facing hard times and this may be a way to address it rather than to just cut the workforce altogether.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

2. oldag

oldag TGT Addict

Feb 19, 2015
    Hope you don't have to experience this.

Whistler, JCC, vmax and 2 others like this.
  3. toddnjoyce

toddnjoyce TGT Addict

Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    No. The forecast I was privilege to today estimated as many as 2.5M-5M newly unemployed over the next 30 days would not be unreasonable to hear in a worst-case scenario.

Dad_Roman likes this.
  4. busykngt

busykngt TGT Addict

Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    (Just passing along). I saw were Amazon is hiring 150K new (?temporary?) workers - don’t know the details; just scanned the headline. I’d guess local hospitals might have the ‘help wanted’ signs out too - but probably just lower level cleanup/sanitizing-type help would be my guess. We’ve likely got four to six rough months ahead of us until the economic jitters are completely gone (just me, guessing).

JCC and toddnjoyce like this.
  5. Vaquero

Vaquero Pre-ban

Apr 4, 2011
    Out West
    Nope. Hell, I might ask for a raise.
    I do feel for anyone impacted negatively by this manufactured 'demic'. We'll keep the light on for ya.

6. Rhino

Rhino Active Member

Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    We layed off all but me and the boss and I'm supposed to be taking a 40% cut... :/ Hopefully we can make it through and re-hire when we start getting jobs again.

Dad_Roman and JCC like this.
  7. Big Green

Big Green Pew Pew TGT Supporter

Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Before I was told we are classified as essential, I was already pondering a stocking position at HEB, they are hiring lots of folks right now. It would have been a huge paycut but it would have been temporary and kept some money coming. Several weeks off wouldn’t kill us money wise but nice to always be making some. I’d do whatever I had to make sure I didn’t just sit around, not gonna let my kids see that.

studenygreg, ed308, Whistler and 5 others like this.
  8. JCC

JCC Well-Known

May 1, 2018
    US
    I hear 20% reduction is what I'd being talked about where I am. Better than a layoff and hoping very short term.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

9. BillFairbanks

BillFairbanks Well-Known

May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    My income is already down 20% because my best customers can’t work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. miguel.a.escobar.rpls

miguel.a.escobar.rpls New Member

May 10, 2015
    My daughter received word today that her office (a veterinary Clinic) is reduced everyone to 25% of there normal work hours.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk